• Panthers Strike!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
He hasn’t got enough ball to develop as a winger and he will continue to be stunted with Kata.
yea i think the kata experiement is now over. I was a big fan, but tonight just highlighted all his errors, and left no upside. He is too excitable. And by now he should have calmed down and slotted into his role properly. This year has shown him at his best and his worst. and to be honest his worse outweighs his best by just to much.

Samesame

Waterboy
Sep 8, 2018
It just shows that Roger is the heart of the team, once he went off, that was the game. I was really disappointed that there was no talk out there. no urgency. little to no excitement. That panthers team will lose next week if they play like that because they just werent that good. The warriors were just worse.

Dunno bro, the warriors looked done before he went off.

Reactions: Tragic

Raider1

NSW Cup Player
Apr 26, 2015
I think we only have one issue. Intensity and that is another word for consistency.

Russell Crowe laughed 4 yearsback if he thought the NZ Warriors could win a Prem. He said, easily.

I know we have a lot of Shaun Johnson fans on here and especially young blokes. But there is a big reason why Stacey VS Shaun Johnson poll was 85:15 to Stacey and its simply he was there every game every half.

I said before the game, if Shaun Johnson turns up we win. He tried first quarter then hid. Yes that sounds harsh. But top halves step up. you think Maloney hid once Luke slammed him?

A lot of players didnt turn up to be fair. Luke was good and terrible. Harris didnt lead like I expected. Blair was missing once he through a pass that could have ended in a try but got called in penrith favour.

We have shown we dont need Shaun Johnson to win, in fact quite convincingly. I think its time to start blooding our halves coming through.

Harris, I dont feel has been as good as with Melb. Blair has definitely gotten better.

Its simple, you have to be consistent, turn up every game. In finals you have to put your life on the line. Not shy away from running the ball, Bombs from the 40 do NOTHING Shaun Johnson.

Im confident next year is our year and Shaun Johnson might find his enthusiasm for the sport again.

I think Shaun Johnson is way overrated... I not sure if he comes even anywhere close to top 5 halves in the NRL, however everyone seems to talk him up because he was good 3 years ago. Issac Luke makes 2 many errors, and is a lazy defender, And most of our forwards went sideways, rather than forward.

Raider1

NSW Cup Player
Apr 26, 2015
yea i think the kata experiement is now over. I was a big fan, but tonight just highlighted all his errors, and left no upside. He is too excitable. And by now he should have calmed down and slotted into his role properly. This year has shown him at his best and his worst. and to be honest his worse outweighs his best by just to much.

Also he dosent pass,,,

• Haha
Reactions: Tedster

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
This is so poor. johnson was schooled by Maloney And i wish we had a forward pack. poor Simon we need more hard arses like him
what like fumbling the ball on attack instead of holding on to it, what like turning your back on the play of the ball and letting them run straight past you. What like being the most seasoned player in the team, and still not being able to inspire or lift your side when you need it?

Or do you mean a different Mannering?

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Typical Warriors. That was so limp.

Congrats on making the top 8. But we need to set our benchmark higher than just finishing just over 50% of the teams.

We are many moons behind other top teams when it comes to rising to the occasion, intensity and composure.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
This is so poor. johnson was schooled by Maloney And i wish we had a forward pack. poor Simon we need more hard arses like him
I cant feel sorry for Mannering, he was a shadow of his former self this year, and he has had some real issues defending behind the ruck all year. He looked a bit off the pace most of the year, and I dont think its any coincidence that when he was brought back in at the start of the year the Warriors defence becae much more ragged.

Billy Teets James

I think Shaun Johnson is way overrated... I not sure if he comes even anywhere close to top 5 halves in the NRL, however everyone seems to talk him up because he was good 3 years ago. Issac Luke makes 2 many errors, and is a lazy defender, And most of our forwards went sideways, rather than forward.
Def makes a few mistakes. Isn't a lazy defender.

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7

Baxendale

U20's Player
Feb 1, 2018
Typical Warriors. That was so limp.

Congrats on making the top 8. But we need to set our benchmark higher than just finishing just over 50% of the teams.

We are many moons behind other top teams when it comes to rising to the occasion, intensity and composure.
And with more Finals appearances, the team will learn that

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Honestly it was SJs short kicks that went plus 20 metres that pissed me off. Otherwise his defense was ok. But he had to do way to much of it imo. As is always his tendency if his forwards are not dominant he retreats into a bomb to no one and a quick pass. Really he disappeared at the same time as Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

thebroverine

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 24, 2013
Jazz has been one of our most consistent players all year. He didn't play subpar tonight compared to the rest of the forward pack. One of his keys strengths is his offloads but they were well contained tonight by the panthers. Is a player his size expected to be the only warrior to offload & make an impact? Give the man a break.

Kata is dumb af and always has been. Still pretty young but you can't teach a dumb d** new tricks. Unfortunately, there's no realistic options out there in the market anytime soon. Maybe Lepana? Joey can be pretty dumb too but at least he's more of a game breaker. Or Rapana can just come by himself he can turn into a far better center than Kata.

Kata must get picked due to some of the tries he scores. Without being bias are those tries really that special or are they just so close to the line that 90% of centers can score them?

Fuck kata. A player of his footy IQ will always remain a liability.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
what like fumbling the ball on attack instead of holding on to it, what like turning your back on the play of the ball and letting them run straight past you. What like being the most seasoned player in the team, and still not being able to inspire or lift your side when you need it?

Or do you mean a different Mannering?
Harsh Bro!
But unfortunately also 100% correct,

Reactions: gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
this could be almost every one of our players
no i disagree, i think Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is all upside. I think Blair i.... I cant be bothered listing all of them, but i really feel that Kata has had his chance now and doesnt deserve a starting spot next year. I would be looking at Beale on that wing, who looked far superior over there than he did on the right. Unless they change the interchanges i would end the tevanga experiment as well. Leaving him out for 60 minutes always works against the warriors in the last 20 mins of the game.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Jazz has been one of our most consistent players all year. He didn't play subpar tonight compared to the rest of the forward pack. One of his keys strengths is his offloads but they were well contained tonight by the panthers. Is a player his size expected to be the only warrior to offload & make an impact? Give the man a break.

Kata is dumb af and always has been. Still pretty young but you can't teach a dumb d** new tricks. Unfortunately, there's no realistic options out there in the market anytime soon. Maybe Lepana? Joey can be pretty dumb too but at least he's more of a game breaker. Or Rapana can just come by himself he can turn into a far better center than Kata.

Kata must get picked due to some of the tries he scores. Without being bias are those tries really that special or are they just so close to the line that 90% of centers can score them?

Fuck kata. A player of his footy IQ will always remain a liability.
Tevaga is a small forward, the question the Warriors have to ask themselves is, is it worth carrying a small forward for his offloads when bigger teams mash our forward pack into the ground. Would it not be better to have a larger player who can compete physically on attack. A bigger forward is more work for the opposition to down. Throwing a pebble at a brick wall isn't going to do enough damage

You saw today, they brought on Tamou, we brought on Tevaga, we had to commit 3 players to Tamou every time he got the ball

WarriorBall

That resilience we saw during the regular season was gone once a few things went against us. Boys weren’t tying in together on defence enough and lost control of the middle, up shit creek after that.

Billy Teets James

So angry with this performance.
Hard to find any positives.

But Gavet/Harris/Passi played hard and didn't give up. With all the negative shit said about Jazz, the kid has heart and a pretty hearty motor on him.

Blair/Mannering/Kata/Luke/Johnson were shit house.

Our big wingers were average. Ken tackled like a marshmallow, Fusitua no real impact.

I give us a 6/10 for the season. At least we played finals. One of the worst performances I've witnessed tho.

Especially from our senior players.

I'd keep Luke one more season. Just to mentor whoever we have as our next no.9....Learn off
Anyway. Not sure hes a good mentor/Role Model for the youngins. If you believe the media that is.

Gavet needs to play like that all year next year. He was way more cold than hot.
Passi was a beast!
Afoa gets a pass. Looking forward to seeing how Ah Mau goes. One more mean prop and I'm happy with how our pack is building. One more big prop. And Ka pai!

Would like all new centers if we could. But are probably stuck with Hiku & Kata(please no)

What a depressing game lol.

See ya next year boys.

Danpatmac

Tevaga is a small forward, the question the Warriors have to ask themselves is, is it worth carrying a small forward for his offloads when bigger teams mash our forward pack into the ground. Would it not be better to have a larger player who can compete physically on attack. A bigger forward is more work for the opposition to down. Throwing a pebble at a brick wall isn't going to do enough damage

You saw today, they brought on Tamou, we brought on Tevaga, we had to commit 3 players to Tamou every time he got the ball

this is exactly the issue

tevaga is good at what he does... but is what he does what we need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings