General Our top 8 chances

Esoj_old

boys just need to keep doing what they are doing. the confidence to offload is back and the team seems to be playing a lot more relaxed. the defence as always is pretty rock solid just need a tad more patience on when to throw the ball on attack and the points will come more easily. if this is done we should win games and hopefully crack the 8 and from there who knows.

Esoj_old

not sure if we can make the eight when the refs blatantly cheat against our team. there was no reason at all to not give mckinnon's try. that ultimately cost us any chance of wining the game. it should of been 18-18 in the last 20 mins and instead of chasing a try we should have just needed a field goal for the win. with blatant cheating like in the game tonight there is no way we will make the 8

Skinny_Ravs82

it all comes down to teams from 3-13 I think, as long as we are in the mix we are always a chance

Wiki_old

No offense Wiki, but the storm were the in form team last season aswell only to lose to the broncos who had a rollercoaster season.

We wont see a grand final or a top 4 but im pretty sure we can make the 8

I said they were the Crusaders of the NRL. I still stand by that.

The Crusaders don't win them all, but they are constantly tough and will always be a threat. Exactly what the Storm are.

Esoj_old

hmm after looking at our run in we do have a reasonably good chance of making the eight. 4 home games and games against teams in the bottom few spots on the ladder. with a bit of luck from the refs I think we can still make it if we play like we did in the titans game.

bringbkmeli_old

yea i agree with you esoj, we do have an easy run of games towards the last end of regular season. our warriors defitnatly have a big chance of making the finals but we need to improve in our attacking plays, our defense has been awesome during the last 4 weeks... just hope our boys can do it.

Kav_old

hmm after looking at our run in we do have a reasonably good chance of making the eight. 4 home games and games against teams in the bottom few spots on the ladder. with a bit of luck from the refs I think we can still make it if we play like we did in the titans game.

Unfortunately, it is usually the teams below us who give us the most trouble!

Kav

Esoj_old

haha so true there kav. the form book tends to go out the window when the warriors play a team way below them on the ladder.

Kav_old

haha so true there kav. the form book tends to go out the window when the warriors play a team way below them on the ladder.

Luckily for us, the Dragons thrashed the Raiders today so that should keep our feet firmly on the ground and, hopefully, their heads in the clouds!

Kav

JustinKings_old

With this loss, I think that pretty much sums up the Warrior's season.
I expect to see the Dragons overtake the Warriors in the coming weeks.

Kav_old

Even if we finish 8th, I can't see us progressing further. Our biggest weakness is our lack of a classy playmaker. While the other finals candidates generally have some class in this area (eg Storm have Cronk, Manly have Orford, Broncos have Lockyer, Tigers have Farrah (Marshall if fit), Cowboys have Thurston, Bulldogs have Sherwin, Titans have Prince), we cannot regard Rovelli or Witt in the same light.

Kav

Skinny_Ravs82

I don't think it comes down to just one individual Kav. A game is not finialised on just one person alone. It's about the team.

Kav_old

I don't think it comes down to just one individual Kav. A game is not finialised on just one person alone. It's about the team.

I'm sorry Victoria (shaking head mournfully) - a team does not perform at it's best without a classy playmaker ie one who can organise, call plays, think ahead, run, pass or kick well, be decisive and authoritative. This is particularly true in the NRL where defences are so tight and fatigue not so much a factor; a classy playmaker often makes the difference between winners and also rans.

Kav

sportsthought_old

Even if we finish 8th, I can't see us progressing further. Our biggest weakness is our lack of a classy playmaker. While the other finals candidates generally have some class in this area (eg Storm have Cronk, Manly have Orford, Broncos have Lockyer, Tigers have Farrah (Marshall if fit), Cowboys have Thurston, Bulldogs have Sherwin, Titans have Prince), we cannot regard Rovelli or Witt in the same light.

Kav

True that.

I think we'll make the 8, which will be a huge achievement. But I dont think we will last long after that. Every win in the finals is a bonus for us.

MiXmasterreece_old

I'm sorry Victoria (shaking head mournfully) - a team does not perform at it's best without a classy playmaker ie one who can organise, call plays, think ahead, run, pass or kick well, be decisive and authoritative. This is particularly true in the NRL where defences are so tight and fatigue not so much a factor; a classy playmaker often makes the difference between winners and also rans.

Kav

I think Witt fits the bill as a #6 to be honest, ive been very surprised. Ravs unfortunately at this stage of his career is not the type of player who can lead us into the 8.

Kaiaua krusher_old

Kav right on. I think it is more a coaching dilemma. Ivan doesn't know whether to go all out on attack or play a more conservative game with no surprises. The latter actually stifles flair and confidence, but keeps us in the mix. It would to late to change that mental approach if we make the 8, because while we might win one, the mental aptitude to reproduce that "one off" performance would be missing from the top two inches ie players frightened to use their initiative as the coaching hierachy can always say "we didn't stick to the game plan"

Back to your point Kav. The Warriors are in the mix but come finals we haven't got Thurstons, Cronks, Princes to run the team around and I am sick of hearing that Rovelli is still learning - these other blokes are not much older and Cronk is in his second year isn't he?

You either have it or you don't and wasn't Jamie Sowad the other one that Cleary also coached at the Roosters?

Oh well!!!

Skinny_Ravs82

I don't need an appology from you, but I'm standing by my point. You play in a team sport and it is up to everyone in that team to take the responsibilities. Great players don't get there without others around them. If you want one individual to stand up then go tell the Warriors to go and buy the best players in every single position. Then you'll have the 'best fullback, halfback, 5/8' and so on.

Kav_old

I don't need an appology from you, but I'm standing by my point. You play in a team sport and it is up to everyone in that team to take the responsibilities. Great players don't get there without others around them. If you want one individual to stand up then go tell the Warriors to go and buy the best players in every single position. Then you'll have the 'best fullback, halfback, 5/8' and so on.

Ouch!

Kav