General Our top 8 chances

WarriorDog_old

Looking at the remainder of the season we are a good chance to make the top 8.
What or who do you think need to happen/fire to make it happen. Here is what i think:

The Key area is Leadership. We need Price to play everygame possible and we also need Wiki to stand up in this department and help pricey out.

Rovelli/Witt. Seems to be our best combination in the halves and we need this guys to be given the chance to gel and to continually improve.

McKinnon argually his best game against the Panthers, we need to see more of this if we wanna play finals football.

Gatis/Fien will play a vital role and need to keep the forwards going forward and deliver the ball quickly and efficently.

Thats the key areas i think we get us to finals footy if we can achieve it. What do you think?

Warrioraholic_old

It all comes down to this wknd. I think it will be a clash of the titans, excuse the pun, but a win will have us sitting with a good run home and hitting form at the right time. Im worried manly and storm may struggle at the business end.....

Wiki_old

Manly might falter but Storm won't. They are the Crusaders of the NRL - even with 8 of their players out they can still beat us.

Regardless, I agree it all comes down to this weekend. Hell, we still might make the finals even if we lose this week but we need to start stringing together a streak otherwise we won't stand a chance when we make it in. Finals footy is all about confidence. And if we make it in by winning one game, losing the next, winning two more, losing the next two, etc we won't even make it past the first round.

With Price, Evarn and Sammy there we have some props playing the best football in the competition. Wade is a great fullback but every team this year seems to producing good fullbacks. Our halves might just be settling - we'll see. Our centres need uplifting and hopefully Ropo will be the man for there - I am hoping he would have been selected if he wasn't injured this week. Swann showed some glimpses of form last week and we need that to continue. Louie needs to remain cool like last week and let his natural ability do the talking. Luck is probably one of my favourite players in the team. As I said in the other threads if Wiki and Price were out I would make Luck our captain. Witt needs to continue to kick as well - kicks win games. Especially true for the Warriors when we either win by little or lose by little.

Skinny_Ravs82

Our own form (esp the players) and other teams results, along with what you guys have mentioned

EnterFien_old

If the players back there own ability they will make the top 8 easily and may even break into a top 4 spot. These next two game are extra important because we need to win games on the road. We play 6 of the remaining 10 games on the road and I believe we have to win atleast 4 of these to make the eight as well as the 4 remaining home games. Definately be tough but it is also a possibility

Warrioraholic_old

Manly might falter but Storm won't. They are the Crusaders of the NRL - even with 8 of their players out they can still beat us.

No offense Wiki, but the storm were the in form team last season aswell only to lose to the broncos who had a rollercoaster season.

We wont see a grand final or a top 4 but im pretty sure we can make the 8

IanS_old

I had a tinkle over at nrl hq and even allowing for some upsets, the Warriors are more than capable of making it. I even had them (hopefully) finishing as high as 5th.

JonB_old

If we keep winning we make it.

If we keep losing we won't, pretty simple really.

JonB_old

If we keep winning we make it.

If we keep losing we won't, pretty simple really.

LordGnome_old

After the Queensland double-header, we have a comfortable run in (with the exception of a potential blockbuster against Manly at home!)

Swanley_old

Storm were robbed last year in the GF.

We can make the 8, but not the GF.

A run is important, therefore i think we must win against the Titans or it will a be mixed season without knowing our chances until the last few rounds of the year.

Kav_old

It is far too early to be discussing this prospect. There is a log jam from 6th down to 16th (only 6 points difference) and none of those teams can be counted out at this stage. I heard that the Knights could go from 7th to 13th due to their loss last night so there is small margin for error.

I do agree, though, that wins against the Titans AND the Cowboys would lift us above the also rans and set us up for the run home. These are the critical games of the season - it is a pity that Price is not available for the first and must play the second after State of Origin.

Kav

Last edited by a moderator:

jahc_old

I think the question is, can we pull off a lengthy winning streak? Thats what it might take now.

Last edited by a moderator:

blain91_old

i think that if we win 1 of these two away games, we'll still be in it. if we win both we will almost certainly be in

Hitman_old

So far so good, there's no reason why it can't be done.

As long as they play consistant footy. Have to show some form towards the back end of the year.
Ala... Tigers & Broncos when they won the GF.
Both sides showed great form going into the semi's & continued it all the way.

blain91_old

peaking at the right time you reckon hitman? i hope so, we just dont need to burn out one game. that would really shake us.

Hitman_old

peaking at the right time you reckon hitman? i hope so, we just dont need to burn out one game. that would really shake us.

I'm hoping as well Blain. *fingers crossed*

The next couple of weeks will tell. Need to back up again next game otherwise the win
against the Titans won't mean much. Consistancy boys, you can do it !!!!!!!!