General Other candidates

RRG_old

So we know that Bluey, Iro and Ackland are three potential coaches. I hope the club is leaving no stone unturned though. Can anyone think of any other coaches with NRL experience that would be WORTH approaching. I can think of plenty I wouldn't want here ie fittler but can anyone think of anyone who would be worth a punt?

Anyone know what the latest on Chris Andersons health is? A coach to have won nrl prems at two dif clubs is rare.

RobRoyMcCoy_old

Without commenting on worth, other names I have heard are;

Daniel Anderson
Brian Noble
Justin Murphy

Now with judgement hat back on, I agree that Fittler would be about the worst coach we could consider.

danpatmac_old

Daniel Anderson
Brian Noble
Justin Murphy

Now with judgement hat back on, I agree that Fittler would be about the worst coach we could consider.

Fittler would be good to work with Johnson, Maloney, John, Godinet... but not as a fulltime gig

Iafeta_old

Daniel Anderson
Brian Noble
Justin Murphy

Do you mean Justin Morgan? Morgan has done fairly well up in the ESL I believe. Brian Noble would be a very good option from outside the chosen two (Iro and Bluey).

RobRoyMcCoy_old

Fittler would be good to work with Johnson, Maloney, John, Godinet... but not as a fulltime gig

The thing that most worries me about Fittler is his perceived liking for the drinking culture. I prefer the Warriors approach as they are now.

RobRoyMcCoy_old

Do you mean Justin Morgan? Morgan has done fairly well up in the ESL I believe. Brian Noble would be a very good option from outside the chosen two (Iro and Bluey).

Ah yes, I think so. Is he the ex-Warrior?

Budo_old

I wouldnt be upset if Daniel Anderson came back and I would love to see Matty Johns coaching the halfs in a part time/consultant type role

Tajhay_old

Steve Folkes is at the Dragons, I believe?
Folkes is at tigers, steve 'not ours' price is at dragons.

What's steve price upto these days? Still in nz? I'd like him involved at the club in some capacity with a view to taking over from scurrah later on. It's a shame we haven't utilized him since his retirement. Him, campion, wiki are the types of players I want the club to keep in some role to build on our good club culture.

blain91_old

Daniel Anderson
Brian Noble
Justin Murphy

Are you Robster in disguise??

Iafeta_old

Ah yes, I think so. Is he the ex-Warrior?

Yes he is. He was an interchange prop. Played for Canberra and Parramatta as well. He was here from 2001-2002 from memory.

Folkes is at tigers, steve 'not ours' price is at dragons.

What's steve price upto these days? Still in nz? I'd like him involved at the club in some capacity with a view to taking over from scurrah later on. It's a shame we haven't utilized him since his retirement. Him, campion, wiki are the types of players I want the club to keep in some role to build on our good club culture.

Steve Price is still in NZ. He's doing a few different things, some charity stuff in amongst it. In the Southland Times on a visit to Invercargill he said he thought the club needed to look wider than just Iro and McClennan. Not a fan of Iro's maybe?

Ruben Wiki is still involved with the club, trainer for home games and he assists with fitness etc. I wonder if there was more behind Kevin Campion leaving a few years ago. That always struck me as a disappointment.

Est95_old

John Lang is retiring at the end of this year i think. Steve Price does our membership/sponsorship stuff?

throwing names out there: Brian Smith? Michael Hagan? Graham Murray? Peter Sharp?

Iafeta_old

No and no. Nathan Brown would have suited Penrith. Penrith-ites usually don't have teeth so slaps to the face wouldn't have caused any harm.

RRG_old

The more I think about it the more I want a coach with NRL experience. Is John Monie the only coach we have ever had with first grade nrl experience?

I really would like to know how Chris Andersons health is, two nrl premierships and a world cup is a pretty good pedigree.