General Open Letter to Sir Owen Glenn

Dear Sir Owen,

Thank you.
In a week where it is hard to be a Warriors fan due to the duplicity and amateurism of some of our clubs representatives, thank you for being honest.
We are pretty simple people us leaguies, we understand if someone isn't up to the job and needs to be sacked, but we don't get it when it is dressed up as something else.
We love our club. We hurt more than anyone after results like last Saturday, but as long as everyone gives 100% and acts with integrity we can live with it.
When we are lied to, made fools of and then expected to still turn up week in week out and bleed for our team, it is asking too much.
I have a small list of requests and I'm sure others will add to it:
Please buy out Eric Watson. One owner who wants this club to be the best and treats the fans with integrity would be awesome.
Get rid of Wayne Scurrah. The fans don't trust, believe or like him. He is a bad look for our brand. A CEO that cares about football would be great - Steve Price would be a good place to start. I'm not sure how the Board works but if they are not as honest and focussed on success on the field as you, replace them with people who are.
A home ground. We know Mt Smart sucks a bit, but it's ours and we don't mind. If you could buy it off ARC and do it up that'd be even better - sell shares everyone here will buy a few.
An identity we can all be proud of on and off the pitch. A Jersey we stick with for a while and off field clothes that make the players look professional.
A title. I don't think we are that far away...doing some of the above would help.
Like I said we are simple people, we are there every week rain or shine, good times or bad, but even we have our limits.
Please help us save our club while we still have a club we are all so passionate about.
Again, for everything you have done and for treating the fans with respect, thank you.

Reactions: 5 users
We should all have banners at the weekend letting Wayne the Weasel know our thoughts.
If Sir Owen hasn't sacked his arse by then.

Reactions: 1 user
Sheens seemed to coach the World Cup side pretty good. Also when the Tigers came through and won they weren't the favourites but managed to put a side probably equal in talent as our own in a final and win it. Sheens 4 titles and a world cup win to chuck in there. Or Brown...done deal but I thought that in the Elliot debate and we got him.
Sheens titles are a long time ago. The World Cup team you are talking about is a collection of some of the best players EVER, with a captain who is being branded as the only person alive capable of being a player coach in the NRL. I could have coached that team to a win. Being favourites isn't relevant. How often does the favourite actually win it?

Sheens titles are a long time ago. The World Cup team you are talking about is a collection of some of the best players EVER, with a captain who is being branded as the only person alive capable of being a player coach in the NRL. I could have coached that team to a win. Being favourites isn't relevant. How often does the favourite actually win it?

haven't the Kangaroos won 10 of the last 11 titles or something? with the big upset in 08?

How about this for an outcome for all of this.

Owen Glen doesn't give up, and doesn't have to with his cheque book.

He buys our Watson, reinstates Elliot and tells everyone involved to like it or lump it. "This door to the club, that door to the street, your choice."

Obviously an impossible scenario, but I would have thought that most of what's going down would have been impossible anywhere apart from Shortland Street.

I believe its your play Sir Owen.

macker

He buys our Watson, reinstates Elliot and tells everyone involved to like it or lump it. "This door to the club, that door to the street, your choice.".
I gotta say I didn't like the way Elliott was dropped, but it's not a bad thing he's no longer with us.

I would like him to have had the dignity of being sacked tho, and not asked to quit.

It sounds funny I know, but I can respect someone who gives their all for the cause, but isn't wanted at the end of the day, a lot more than someone who throws in the towel when the going gets tough...

It was a dirty move by Scurrah IMO, hitting Elliott when his chips were down, making it look like Elliott was quitting on the team when he clearly hasn't.

He buys our Watson, reinstates Elliot and tells everyone involved to like it or lump it. "This door to the club, that door to the street, your choice."

Obviously an impossible scenario, but I would have thought that most of what's going down would have been impossible anywhere apart from Shortland Street.

I believe its your play Sir Owen.

Knight takes pawn.

Reactions: 1 users
Dear Sir Owen,

Thank you.
In a week where it is hard to be a Warriors fan due to the duplicity and amateurism of some of our clubs representatives, thank you for being honest.
We are pretty simple people us leaguies, we understand if someone isn't up to the job and needs to be sacked, but we don't get it when it is dressed up as something else.
We love our club. We hurt more than anyone after results like last Saturday, but as long as everyone gives 100% and acts with integrity we can live with it.
When we are lied to, made fools of and then expected to still turn up week in week out and bleed for our team, it is asking too much.
I have a small list of requests and I'm sure others will add to it:
Please buy out Eric Watson. One owner who wants this club to be the best and treats the fans with integrity would be awesome.
Get rid of Wayne Scurrah. The fans don't trust, believe or like him. He is a bad look for our brand. A CEO that cares about football would be great - Steve Price would be a good place to start. I'm not sure how the Board works but if they are not as honest and focussed on success on the field as you, replace them with people who are.
A home ground. We know Mt Smart sucks a bit, but it's ours and we don't mind. If you could buy it off ARC and do it up that'd be even better - sell shares everyone here will buy a few.
An identity we can all be proud of on and off the pitch. A Jersey we stick with for a while and off field clothes that make the players look professional.
A title. I don't think we are that far away...doing some of the above would help.
Like I said we are simple people, we are there every week rain or shine, good times or bad, but even we have our limits.
Please help us save our club while we still have a club we are all so passionate about.
Again, for everything you have done and for treating the fans with respect, thank you.

PS. We've heard through the grapevine that should you remove Wayne Scurrah the well respected and credible John Hart would entertain a return to the club in one form or another, We beg you to pick up the phone.

Reactions: 1 users
Well done Owen Glenn and thank you, Wayne Scurrah F**k off, John Hart and Steve Price please come back to the club and make it what it should be.

Reactions: 4 users
Interested to note on 3 News that Bell was present at the "resigning" of Elliot. And said on monday that it wasn't their choice that Matt left, but his choice and he commended him on his decision.

If you could just place your head on this chopping block along with Wayne's, thanks Dean.

Wavish is now hitting out at Glen saying Glen's representative on the board was advised of the decision. This shitstorm just won't quit. If Glen is as stubborn as I have heard, this won't be a sell-up for him, but more likely a buy out and a mass sacking.

Shit, he might even end up giving you Jaffas a refurbished Mt Smart.