General Only Inu can turn off this rocky highway

Xt1ncT_old

Henry is starting to look the real deal.

Sure he'll never be a Hodges or Inglis, but then not many players would be. He will IMO become an excellent player going on how he's improved this season. Wouldn't be surprised if as he gets bigger hell end up in the 2nd row.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

Henry is a good kid but he should be switched with Taylor. Taylor is a little faster, more agile and better ball player than Henry but Ben will end up being the better defender long term, physically he's slightly bigger than Luck and would be the fittest at the club.

I guess with Bluey having had the luxury of an excellent ball playing 13 in Sinfield at Leeds, not to mention using Hape there in 05 and Mateo tonight, he prefers another attacking threat in the middle and a tacklebot on the fringes maybe.

Be interesting to see who is the fittest, Benry or Taylor. I remember last year there were stories of Elijah Taylor training with the Junior, Vulcans and seniors and then staying on for gym work, every week. The guys work ethic is phenominal and he never quits. I have Taylor tagged as a future Warriors captain and perhaps even Kiwis captain. I prefer him in the 2nd row, rather than putting him at centre.

Benry is starting to sure up the edge defensively, so I think we need to persist with him until we find a real star for his spot.

Viking_old

Be interesting to see who is the fittest, Benry or Taylor. I remember last year there were stories of Elijah Taylor training with the Junior, Vulcans and seniors and then staying on for gym work, every week. The guys work ethic is phenominal and he never quits. I have Taylor tagged as a future Warriors captain and perhaps even Kiwis captain. I prefer him in the 2nd row, rather than putting him at centre.

Benry is starting to sure up the edge defensively, so I think we need to persist with him until we find a real star for his spot.

Benry will be the fitter of the two, he tops their beep test I'm sure.

The media articles make out that he's never played in the backs before but he spent two years playing senior A's for the God Squad before making the jr Warriors and the games I saw, he was playing wing or centre. He also made the NZ u16s at centre so it's not as new to him as everyone makes out. He has put a bit of size on since then and I believe he's best suited to lock in the long term. He's coped well at centre but we won't go deep into the finals with centres that are only solid. If they could make him a bit quicker then who knows, I don't see him breaking the line and putting Billy into space on a regular basis though.

Anthony Gelling is going really well for Wigan, I could see him being an NRL star in a few years time, I'd love to see him at the Warriors but he'll cost 5 times what we would've got him for if he'd been signed straight from the Vulcans this year.

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

Benry will be the fitter of the two, he tops their beep test I'm sure.

The media articles make out that he's never played in the backs before but he spent two years playing senior A's for the God Squad before making the jr Warriors and the games I saw, he was playing wing or centre. He also made the NZ u16s at centre so it's not as new to him as everyone makes out. He has put a bit of size on since then and I believe he's best suited to lock in the long term. He's coped well at centre but we won't go deep into the finals with centres that are only solid. If they could make him a bit quicker then who knows, I don't see him breaking the line and putting Billy into space on a regular basis though.

Anthony Gelling is going really well for Wigan, I could see him being an NRL star in a few years time, I'd love to see him at the Warriors but he'll cost 5 times what we would've got him for if he'd been signed straight from the Vulcans this year.

Yeah, I had hoped they would sign Gelling at the end of last year. He stood out to me in the few games I saw. I can't understand how he was passed over, yet they signed Ivan Penehe on after his GF killer. Gelling appeared to be the more useful player to me.

Moz_old

I think you missed what I was trying to say there. Obviously all players should think about the basics, especially in greasy conditions, we expect that of them, his coach and teammates expect it of him too but with Inu in particular, he just isn't going to do it. You and I have watched him for years and we both know he isn't going to change, not dramatically anyway. We all say he should improve his decision making but I don't believe he's actually making a decision, he's just 'doing' for better or for worse. That instinctive nature is why he gets through the line, He isn't that fast as we've seen but he doesn't spend that split second weighing up the options and just goes for it. It also means that he doesn't weight up the risk of offloading in his own 20 either. That mindset obviously doesn't work for Bluey so he'll stay in the Vulcans until the next injury. The Warriors aren't going to be able to flick him off without still having to pay at least 150K of his wages per year for the next two years though so they may as well keep him here as injury cover and hope for the best.

I watched a program called Fresh a few weeks back that featured Inu and Locke and got the feeling from it that he must be a constant distraction at training to the other players, especially the younger ones which would drive his coaches nuts. He came off as being immature. He kinda reminds of that naughty kid in class that we all thought was funny and the teacher had to spend extra time to trying to help but eventually gave up on because he didn't want to learn and affected everyone's elses progress. The fact that someone commented on here that Ricky Henry had to scold him and Penehe before a Vulcans game last month reinforces my theory. I suspect he has ADHD or some other form of extremely short attention span. He can't help but be disruptive. A bit like Willie Mason at the Dogs and Roosters maybe.

I'd love to see him turn the corner and realise his potential cos he is our classiest centre option by a country mile but I doubt he'll do that at the Warriors unfortunately.

nah bro didnt miss the point just didnt care, I was taking the piss