General Only Inu can turn off this rocky highway

sup42_old

Aquila Uate just committed the same ball drop , the commentators mentioned Inu and Ben Roberts.
Wonder if the knights and Blues Fans will look on it so unfavorably

krs_64_old

Oh man, Uate must be one lazy player huh, I don't know who else carries the ball with one hand like that, what a brain explosion!

You see difference here is Knights managed to defend their line, somthing we failed to do on 5 ocassions off the back of errors.

bin fishin_old

Oh man, Uate must be one lazy player huh, I don't know who else carries the ball with one hand like that, what a brain explosion!

You see difference here is Knights managed to defend their line, somthing we failed to do on 5 ocassions off the back of errors.

There is a small difference between the Storm and Penrith!:z:

koolkat_old

HAHA true do you notice after a Manu run the first to dummy half is Brown he even pushes Friend out the way "Those easy meters are mine"

friend needs pushing out of the way.sharky always
breaks the first tackle.makes good meters friend needs too run the ball more out of dummy half.if not push him out the way.i think lewiey postision his hooker anyway

Viking_old

Aquila Uate just committed the same ball drop , the commentators mentioned Inu and Ben Roberts.
Wonder if the knights and Blues Fans will look on it so unfavorably

Barba did virtually the same thing in one of the early rounds which cost the Dogs the game. Inu would normally get away with running like that but didn't factor in the greasy conditions which also had a lot to do with the Storms uncharacteristic mistakes. Was still stupid by Inu though.

bin fishin_old

Maybe so, but if we are going to be title contenders, we can't be defending out try line like the way we did, it was rubbish. Defence wins games bud.

seems more good then bad came out of the game...except for Inu

Moz_old

Barba did virtually the same thing in one of the early rounds which cost the Dogs the game. Inu would normally get away with running like that but didn't factor in the greasy conditions which also had a lot to do with the Storms uncharacteristic mistakes. Was still stupid by Inu though.

Yeah yeah and the sun was in his eyes too, ohh oh and the grass on the field was a bit longer than he's used to, plus he had a real crap seat on the plane over as well hahahaha, please, Uate and Barba rip shit up day in day out, do you realise the kinda moron Inu would have to be, not to factor in the greasy conditions whilst playing in greasy conditions hahaha

ps. I would probably still pick Inu at centre, out of neccessity at the moment, but Id flick him in a heart beat for Uate he's in a different league
pps. How you been Viking catch up with ya next time Im home

Last edited by a moderator:

danco_old

The general theme of the article is good, but its a little harsh on Inu's mistakes the other day.

His ball security was fine in the first "knock on". The player simply gripped and ripped the ball. He had little chance of holding on.

The second STUPID mistake was through good intentions. He did not scoop the ball up one handed, as stated. He picked it up properly, but then chose to hold it on top with one hand so he could pump his arms to wind up his run. He should have known better than that, but there are many players who choose to carry that way. Most of the time it works out, but not this time.

The third supposed "brain explosion" was the off-load to Tupou, late and in traffic. I have no issues with what he did there. It was late in the game, they were down, and someone needed to try something. If Tupou had seen it coming, it would have been the right move, but alas, it wasn't Inu's day, so Tupou didn't get hold of it well, and dropped it.

I saw nothing in that game to indicate that Inu shouldn't be playing first grade. He was forced to Fullback, due to injury and did well for most of the game. It simply wasn't his day.

He will be better next week.

Ropo to FB, Inu to centre.

Inu gets blasted when he makes mistakes and there are a few BUT he also can win a game.

Viking_old

Yeah yeah and the sun was in his eyes too, ohh oh and the grass on the field was a bit longer than he's used to, plus he had a real crap seat on the plane over as well hahahaha, please, Uate and Barba rip shit up day in day out, do you realise the kinda moron Inu would have to be, not to factor in the greasy conditions whilst playing in greasy conditions hahaha

ps. I would probably still pick Inu at centre, out of neccessity at the moment, but Id flick him in a heart beat for Uate he's in a different league
pps. How you been Viking catch up with ya next time Im home

I'm not defending what he did, just explaining how he put himself into a position to commit the error. He should know not to hold the ball that way going in to contact, wet or dry.

We expect him to think about what he's doing and the plain truth is that he won't ever be a player that concentrates or weighs up his options, he's purely instinctive. He's not following any gameplan but the one that comes into his head a split second he before does something. It makes him virtually uncoachable.

Moz_old

I'm not defending what he did, just explaining how he put himself into a position to commit the error. He should know not to hold the ball that way going in to contact, wet or dry.

We expect him to think about what he's doing and the plain truth is that he won't ever be a player that concentrates or weighs up his options, he's purely instinctive. He's not following any gameplan but the one that comes into his head a split second he before does something. It makes him virtually uncoachable.

Firstly I expect nothing and get nothing from him, not buying it one bit I dont see how holding a ball differently on a dry sunny day as opposed to a greasy one requires any thought or weighing up of options at all, just dont get your point?

AND HELL YES I DO EXPECT HIM TO THINK, AND PUT IN AT TRAINING, AND TO GIVE 100% OR AT LEAST TRY TO

BringBackRovelli_old

Hurrel went pretty well today, lost the ball once in the play the ball I think, made his tackles, ran good metres. And Henry was one of the best on field. Hard to see Inu get another chance barring injury.

sup42_old

Hurrel went pretty well today, lost the ball once in the play the ball I think, made his tackles, ran good metres. And Henry was one of the best on field. Hard to see Inu get another chance barring injury.

Guess that's the ideal. A very good replacement having to fight to get in past two form incumbents.

Hurrells off loads prove a lot of detractors wrong tonight , two tries followed off the secound phase he created.

Wait till they see his passing game , last season i was pushing the barrow for Hurrells inclusion in the top side A.S.A.P.

Based on the way he set up his outsides.

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

He lost the ball standing for the play TWICE. He was just lucky to draw the penalty on the second one. I think he just needs to slow down his play the ball a little to make sure he has the ball securely when he stands. apart from that he was awesome.

BringBackRovelli_old

I thought that was an obvious penalty, he was standing up to play the ball and the bloke pushed him from the side.

Moz_old

Guess that's the ideal. A very good replacement having to fight to get in past two form incumbents.

Hurrells off loads prove a lot of detractors wrong tonight , two tries followed off the secound phase he created.

Wait till they see his passing game , last season i was pushing the barrow for Hurrells inclusion in the top side A.S.A.P.

Based on the way he set up his outsides.

not sure who his detractors are I think Henry has more on this site bordering on a pathological hate somtimes hahaha but it was good to see Hurrell back out there tonight, I cant even imagine the damage this kid will inflict on the opposition with a season of first grade under his belt. I didnt get to see a lot of Toyota cup last year but if as you say his distribution skills to his outside men is good then thats great news

Viking_old

Firstly I expect nothing and get nothing from him, not buying it one bit I dont see how holding a ball differently on a dry sunny day as opposed to a greasy one requires any thought or weighing up of options at all, just dont get your point?

AND HELL YES I DO EXPECT HIM TO THINK, AND PUT IN AT TRAINING, AND TO GIVE 100% OR AT LEAST TRY TO

I think you missed what I was trying to say there. Obviously all players should think about the basics, especially in greasy conditions, we expect that of them, his coach and teammates expect it of him too but with Inu in particular, he just isn't going to do it. You and I have watched him for years and we both know he isn't going to change, not dramatically anyway. We all say he should improve his decision making but I don't believe he's actually making a decision, he's just 'doing' for better or for worse. That instinctive nature is why he gets through the line, He isn't that fast as we've seen but he doesn't spend that split second weighing up the options and just goes for it. It also means that he doesn't weight up the risk of offloading in his own 20 either. That mindset obviously doesn't work for Bluey so he'll stay in the Vulcans until the next injury. The Warriors aren't going to be able to flick him off without still having to pay at least 150K of his wages per year for the next two years though so they may as well keep him here as injury cover and hope for the best.

I watched a program called Fresh a few weeks back that featured Inu and Locke and got the feeling from it that he must be a constant distraction at training to the other players, especially the younger ones which would drive his coaches nuts. He came off as being immature. He kinda reminds of that naughty kid in class that we all thought was funny and the teacher had to spend extra time to trying to help but eventually gave up on because he didn't want to learn and affected everyone's elses progress. The fact that someone commented on here that Ricky Henry had to scold him and Penehe before a Vulcans game last month reinforces my theory. I suspect he has ADHD or some other form of extremely short attention span. He can't help but be disruptive. A bit like Willie Mason at the Dogs and Roosters maybe.

I'd love to see him turn the corner and realise his potential cos he is our classiest centre option by a country mile but I doubt he'll do that at the Warriors unfortunately.

Viking_old

not sure who his detractors are I think Henry has more on this site bordering on a pathological hate somtimes hahaha but it was good to see Hurrell back out there tonight, I cant even imagine the damage this kid will inflict on the opposition with a season of first grade under his belt. I didnt get to see a lot of Toyota cup last year but if as you say his distribution skills to his outside men is good then thats great news

Henry is a good kid but he should be switched with Taylor. Taylor is a little faster, more agile and better ball player than Henry but Ben will end up being the better defender long term, physically he's slightly bigger than Luck and would be the fittest at the club.

I guess with Bluey having had the luxury of an excellent ball playing 13 in Sinfield at Leeds, not to mention using Hape there in 05 and Mateo tonight, he prefers another attacking threat in the middle and a tacklebot on the fringes maybe.

omg_old

Henry is a good kid but he should be switched with Taylor. Taylor is a little faster, more agile and better ball player than Henry but Ben will end up being the better defender long term, physically he's slightly bigger than Luck and would be the fittest at the club.

I guess with Bluey having had the luxury of an excellent ball playing 13 in Sinfield at Leeds, not to mention using Hape there in 05 and Mateo tonight, he prefers another attacking threat in the middle and a tacklebot on the fringes maybe.

Henry is looking like one of the best centres in the game through my bifocals-Bluey is a freaking Genius