General Official Warriors Top 30 for 2019

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Our top 30 to date. All players in the top list have played. The bottom list have been named in the 21 man team but are yet to play.

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 David Fusitua
3 Peta Hiku
4 Solomone Kata
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Adam Keighran
7 Blake Green
8 Agnatius Paasi
9 Nathaniel Roache
10 Bunty Afoa
11 Adam Blair
12 Tohu Harris
13 Lachlan Burr
14 Jazz Tevaga
15 Sam Lisone
16 Leeson Ah Mau
17 Blake Ayshford
18 Issac Luke
19 Isaiah Papali'i
20 Gerald Beale
21 Chanel Harris-Tavita
22 Ligi Sao
23 Karl Lawton

24 Leivaha Pulu
25 Patrick Herbert
26 Hayze Perham
27 Chris Satae

That leaves Jackson Frei, Eliesa Katoa, Paul Turner, Selestino Ravutaumada, Taane Milne. Adam Pompey and Sam Cook to full out the other three spots. Warriors had to have 29 confirmed by March 1st with the top 30 finalised by June 30th.

Our original 27 had Shaun Johnson, James Gavet and Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad in it. They have all been replaced with Adam Keighran, Lachlan Burr and Patrick Herbert. All the other players named in the above list were all in that original 27 list released by the NRL.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/02/2019-nrl-rosters-official-squads-announced-for-all-teams/

pbrown01123

Contributor
Our top 30 to date. All players in the top list have played. The bottom list have been named in the 21 man team but are yet to play.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
  2. David Fusitua
  3. Peta Hiku
  4. Solomone Kata
  5. Ken Maumalo
  6. Adam Keighran
  7. Blake Green
  8. Agnatius Paasi
  9. Nathaniel Roache
  10. Bunty Afoa
  11. Adam Blair
  12. Tohu Harris
  13. Lachlan Burr
  14. Jazz Tevaga
  15. Sam Lisone
  16. Leeson Ah Mau
  17. Blake Ayshford
  18. Issac Luke
  19. Isaiah Papali'i
  20. Gerald Beale
  21. Chanel Harris-Tavita
  22. Ligi Sao

1. Karl Lawton
  2. Leivaha Pulu
  3. Patrick Herbert
  4. Hayze Perham
  5. Chris Satae
That leaves Jackson Frei, Eliesa Katoa, Paul Turner, Selestino Ravutaumada, Taane Milne. Adam Pompey and Sam Cook to full out the other three spots. Warriors had to have 29 confirmed by March 1st with the top 30 finalised by June 30th.

Our original 27 had Shaun Johnson, James Gavet and Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad in it. They have all been replaced with Adam Keighran, Lachlan Burr and Patrick Herbert. All the other players named in the above list were all in that original 27 list released by the NRL.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/02/2019-nrl-rosters-official-squads-announced-for-all-teams/
i thought Karl Lawton has played?

Thought I'd give it a go.

Cap for 2019 is $9,500,000 (includes 200k veteran allowance) and then a 100k motor vehicle allowance - basically 5 x 20k cars)

Minimum wage is $105k

Adam Blair 650
Adam Keighran 105
Agnatius Paasi 300
Blake Ayshford 200
Blake Green 650
Bunty Afoa 250
Chanel Harris-Tavita 105
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 105
Chris Satae 105
David Fusitua 400
Gerard Beale 300
Hayze Perham 105
Isaiah Papali'i 250
Isaac Luke 400
Jazz Tevaga 250
Karl Lawton 105
Ken Maumalo 250
Lachlan Burr 105
Leeson Ah Mau 500
Leivaha Pulu 250
Ligi Sao 105
Nate Roache 200
Peta Hiku 250
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 900
Sam Lisone 250
Shaun Johnson 1000
Solomone Kata 250
Tohu Harris 800

I've tried to be realistic with the amounts and have probably undercut a few if anything.

Comes to a total of $9,140,000 for 28 players.

Leaving $360k to cover the final two spots and any bonus payments (which is probably a bit light to be honest).

I was surprised just how many minimum wage players there must be to make it all work.

*Note everything is in AUD$
Wow... just noticed this. Imagine the makeup of the cap at the Roosters or storm. Would be an interesting comparison

Reactions: bruce

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Warriors official top 30 has been confirmed bar our 30th player. Below was our preseason list.

This list is our new one with players with a green arrow being new additions...

New Zealand Warriors

Taane Milne returns to the NRL ranks after he was sacked by the Tigers for second breach of the game's illicit drugs policy. He has a two-year deal with the Warriors, while former Roosters prop Jackson Frei and Dragons outside back Patrick Herbert come into Stephen Kearney's full-time squad as well. Issac Luke's 2019 contract has also been upgraded with a pre-June 30 exit clause removed.

Development players

Selestino Ravutaumada, Paul Turner, Eliesa Katoa

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
If KN signs, does that mean the warriors have locked the players for the year. If so doesn't it take a retirement for any more additions?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Could flick somebody to another team before June 30
I really cant see that happening at the moment. Theres no one who is seriously on the outer, and the warriors need the depth. Unless its a swap this late in the season, I think this is it.

playdaball

Heritage Member
We've already used 25 players on the field this season, which is the most in the comp.

Sort of goes against the theme of Kearney being stubborn with his lineups.

Traditionally the teams that use the least amount of players win comps.

Most of those have been injury forced.

You’re right about successful teams using the least amount of players - generally stick with winning teams.

Reactions: Stalefish540
Most of those have been injury forced.

You’re right about successful teams using the least amount of players - generally stick with winning teams.

I think it’s more of a symptom and a cause.
Winning teams don’t have swap players because theirs are performing and teams that don’t have injury’s to their top 17 perform better too.
I’d hate to think Kearny wasn’t changing players because successful teams don’t do it.

Here are our contracted players, taken from NRL.com (PO = Player Option, CO = Club Option)

David Fusitua is playing like someone that is contracted up to 2023. i.e. on cruise control

Funnily enough, most of those players on the list have the physical capabilities required to be a part of a great FG side. I don't think a lack of talent is holding us back.

Mentally, though:
Luke & Blair need a periodic kick up the pants to work harder​
Some of the players (Kata, Fusitua, Lawton, Pulu) to name a few) don't develop their game. Kata is obvious, but Fusitua seems happy to just do the occasional hitup and wait for the ball to score a try.​
The other thing that sticks out is that a club that struggles with culture and sustained mental pressure should not have contracts that have player options.
The main thing missing in that group is a loud hardarse grumpy professional. Someone like James Graham, who will spray you if you f*ck up, and who peers will try to earn the respect of. Maloney, Klemmer, Gallen, etc.

David Fusitua is playing like someone that is contracted up to 2023. i.e. on cruise control

Funnily enough, most of those players on the list have the physical capabilities required to be a part of a great FG side. I don't think a lack of talent is holding us back.

Mentally, though:
Luke & Blair need a periodic kick up the pants to work harder​
Some of the players (Kata, Fusitua, Lawton, Pulu) to name a few) don't develop their game. Kata is obvious, but Fusitua seems happy to just do the occasional hitup and wait for the ball to score a try.​
The other thing that sticks out is that a club that struggles with culture and sustained mental pressure should not have contracts that have player options.
The main thing missing in that group is a loud hardarse grumpy professional. Someone like James Graham, who will spray you if you f*ck up, and who peers will try to earn the respect of. Maloney, Klemmer, Gallen, etc.
David Fusitua is a winger, but is spending most of the time with the ball running hit-ups.
Er….hello? You there in Smartie Towers? He's not a prop!?

Last year we had the attacking set up and know-how and skills that got the ball out to him and utilised his finishing skills, which everyone knows are second to none. Then Shaun left and Kata became our no.1 strike weapon and it all went haywire. Right became left, then - "Woops! I'll drop Kata." But right is still left and our attack is still shite. "I didn't see that coming!"

If Fusitua asks for a release, he deserves to be given it.

Last edited: