General Official - Warriors sign Foran

2big2strong_old

Great addition to the roster, hope there is still room for Fien though.

Also read that Melbourne are about to offer banished bulldog Arana Taumata a contract as Craig Bellamy sees him as perfect partner for Cronk at Five-eighth so that Inglis can go back to the centres next year when Folou leaves.

Matrix_old

Is it just me or does 3yrs seem like a very long contract for an unproven half ?
We've regretted signing Witt & Rav's for so long & if Foran doesn't cut it we have him on the books for three years. 1yr with an option for 2 would seem more balanced to me

BigD_old

Liam is a North Sydney junior who has developed through their ranks to Premier League level as a schoolboy in 2006. Liam has represented New South Wales on several occasions and played in the Australian Schoolboys team on their 2006 tour of England and France. Liam is a skilful halfback or five-eighth who possesses a beautiful passing game and a quality left foot kicking game.

After impressing Storm coaching staff at the club's 2006 development camp, Liam was invited to play against Parramatta in an early season NRL trial match. Showing great maturity for a 17 year old, Liam handled the halfback duties with aplomb, guiding the team around the park. After a year with the Storm full-time squad, Liam will look to put on the size and weight to compete at NRL level and will be a great backup for the halves.

Skinny_Ravs82

Well I do agree three yeras does seem a big thing and i still feel he hasn't been that fantastic of late but welcome along Liam! Think you can convince your brother around too? haha!

Oh...hope I see him at the Rabbitohs game now....

ToiletDuck_old

Liam is a North Sydney junior who has developed through their ranks to Premier League level as a schoolboy in 2006. Liam has represented New South Wales on several occasions and played in the Australian Schoolboys team on their 2006 tour of England and France. Liam is a skilful halfback or five-eighth who possesses a beautiful passing game and a quality left foot kicking game.

After impressing Storm coaching staff at the club's 2006 development camp, Liam was invited to play against Parramatta in an early season NRL trial match. Showing great maturity for a 17 year old, Liam handled the halfback duties with aplomb, guiding the team around the park. After a year with the Storm full-time squad, Liam will look to put on the size and weight to compete at NRL level and will be a great backup for the halves.

Haha, is this personal opinion or are you quoting from somewhere?

BigD_old

Is a left footed half back better than a right footed half back.?

I know I scored more goals with my left foot than my right when playing soccer years ago.

Maybe a few banana kicks from liam in the future

Fazz_old

I've heard it's good to have one of each in the halves as its confusing or something :S

blain91_old

we could afford to drop either ravs witt or fien, but fien def deserves to stay. get rid of one of the other 2.

sebastian_old

I also really hope Fien stays & if someone has to go it's Rovelli, Witt & Fien have been a cut above him all year.
Welcome to the family Liam & I hope you do us proud in ''09".
For the present though I have to agree with you Skinny, Liam hasn't shown anything special in the Melbourne U'20's, he's had a few great games but for the most part Issac has probabally out shone him so I hope he steps it up next year. Although maybe it's the players around him dragging him down & with our fowards & backs he'll shine. I hope that will be the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToiletDuck_old

Yeah, Fien has to stay. I mean next year...Foran struggles, and our only other options at halfback are I John or Ravs.

I do feel a bit sorry for Ravs through all this though, he's never been short of effort. Here's hoping he can get a contract somewhere over in England or France.

Skinny_Ravs82

Yeah he hasn't stood, but I wonder if it's all his doing though because the Thunderbolts (the Storm U20s) have all pretty much under performed through the year except maybe for the Roosters game.

Their defense however is ordinary they give away a few soft trys up the middle, and their attack seems a bit off some times but once they get into it they are pretty good. I think Liam, and this is just my opinion. If he's got the room to play his game he could do very well, but if he doesn't have have that space and time he might not have that impact

Kid-Dynamite_old

Hope not!:faint2:

Me to!

I'm just worried that if we start Foran next year, that's a pretty young halves pairing! I was hoping, if we were going to sign a halfback it would of been an experienced leader in the 1st grade! I mean, he might do awesome, and I hope he does, but he is still young and has plenty of growing, as a player, to do. His 1st year or so, he might struggle and we will need a back up.
And also, Moon has hardly even played stand off.

I really hope we keep Fien...we need him!

Last edited by a moderator:

BigD_old

Me to!

I'm just worried that if we start Foran next year, that's a pretty young halves pairing! I was hoping, if we were going to sign a halfback it would of been an experienced leader in the 1st grade! I mean, he might do awesome, and I hope he does, but he is still young and has plenty of growing, as a player, to do. His 1st year or so, he might struggle and we will need a back up.
And also, Moon has hardly even played stand off.

I really hope we keep Fien...we need him!

Youre so right KD

I think Foran needs to go to U20s or Vulcans 1st up..

To get a grip on the playing climate & culture of the Warriors

As for Fein. The guy has a great attitude which really counts on the feild

It would be a shame to see Nathan go

Warrioraholic_old

Fein is signed for next year guys, he can stay as long as he wants and if hes good enough (which he is) he should get alot of game time. Off the bench maybe?
I say this every year but next year is looking like an amazing team, bigger, stronger, faster lol 09 The year the warriors won the comp