11. Bronson Harrison
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Thomas Leuluai
15. Iosia Soliola
16. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
17. Adam Blair

Source: Radio Sport

Only one current Warrior in the side. Is that some kind of record for the Kiwis?

Also, not sure it's been mentioned but Stephen Kearney has been re-signed till the end of the 2013 World Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:

albeano45_old

I thought Frank Pritchard was one of those injury casualties???? Guess not..

Magic Stick_old

Solid side....backrow looks dangerous. Hopefully Tonga give them a decent test

2big2strong_old

Wow, is Frank Paul really a first choice NZ prop? That's unbelievable. Injuries have really forced Kearney's hand.

The rest of the side looks great. I'm assuming that's pretty much how the team will look in the 4 nations, except maybe a bit more tinkering with the centres and halves.

warriors4life_old

Wow, is Frank Paul really a first choice NZ prop? That's unbelievable. Injuries have really forced Kearney's hand.

The rest of the side looks great. I'm assuming that's pretty much how the team will look in the 4 nations, except maybe a bit more tinkering with the centres and halves.

I think Frank-Paul's there mainly for the experience, you would expect Blair to start before him. Can't really see many other changes for the 4 Nations except maybe Inu coming in.

2big2strong_old

It's weird that they've included Blair and Lima (GF champions). But no Inu or Moimoi... not that Moimoi would want to line up against Tonga anyway.

2big2strong_old

Frank Paul must of had an outstanding last few weeks in the train-on squad. I've been reading a few articles on him and it sounds like he's really been putting in the hard yards.

Some players play better in the Black and White than they do for their clubs. Fillipaina for example and even Soliola is a modern example.

Northern_Union

Frank Paul must of had an outstanding last few weeks in the train-on squad. I've been reading a few articles on him and it sounds like he's really been putting in the hard yards.

Some players play better in the Black and White than they do for their clubs. Fillipaina for example and even Soliola is a modern example.

I agree on Filipaina. He'd get picked for the Kiwis out of the Balmain reserves side and in the black and white give it to Wally Lewis and the like. And strangely i'd throw Nathan Fien in that small group as well, he plays better in the Kiwi jumper than he does in the club jersey.

2big2strong_old

Yes I agree, I watched a replay of the WC triumph yesterday and Fien had an outstanding game. The thing is, he never overplayed his hand like he does at club level. He kept a clear head and just directed the ball around the park beautifully. For the Warriors he was guilty of trying to do too much and go over the top, like kicking for nobody on the 2nd or 3rd tackle when no-one knows it's on but him.

Jesbass_old

1. Lance Hohaia
2. Bryson Goodwin
3. Junior Sau
4. Steve Matai
5. Sam Perrett
6. Benji Marshall (c)
7. Nathan Fien
8. Jeff Lima
9. Isaac Luke
10. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
11. Bronson Harrison
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Thomas Leuluai
15. Iosia Soliola
16. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
17. Adam Blair

Source: Radio Sport

Only one current Warrior in the side. Is that some kind of record for the Kiwis?

Also, not sure it's been mentioned but Stephen Kearney has been re-signed till the end of the 2013 World Cup.

Only since 1995! :D

daj3_old

Good chance to try out the rookies, and see if Hohaia is up to test standard at fullback after limited time there this season.

It's a bit stink, but if he's going to be rusty there, I'd prefer he has a shocker this week so they use a proven fullback like Perrett for the Four Nations. If has has a blinder and surprises me I certainly won't be complaining though.

warriors4life_old

Only since 1995! :D

True, in the earlier part of the decade at least half of the Kiwis side seemed to be from the Warriors. Must be testament to the depth we have throughout the NRL/ESL now! (And also injuries to Mannering, Vatuvei, Rapira, Ropati etc.)

2big2strong_old

Who would you select in your top 17 for the Kiwis??

Is that question for me PDB?

If so,

1. Kevin Locke
2. Goodwin
3. Inu
4. Matai
5. Perrett
6. Benji
7. Fien
8. Lima
9. Luke
10. Moi Moi
11. Blair
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Hohaia
15. FPN
16. Soliola
17. JWH

If Fien had a shocker this week I'd put Foran straight in there. If any of the back 3 didn't perform I'd put Hohaia straight in to fullback. I'd move Blair to prop when Lima or Moi Moi went off then play FPN when the other prop went off. Soliola into the backrow and JWH to play a roving role.

I think the Centres could be tinkered with A LOT. There will be plenty of pressure for positions.

2big2strong_old

............PIE VAN'S HERE!

91613807.jpg

"....ZOMG..LOL SW33T!"

2big2strong_old

Fien is gonna get hurt real bad....There's no way in hell I'd stand between Greg Eastwood and a pie.

2big2strong_old

"...Can you make coffee?..yup..Can you wash clothes?..yup..Can you cut hair?..yup..can you roll dak?..yup..Welcome on board son!!.."

91531657.jpg