Player Ofahiki Ogden

Ozwarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Found this in the daily telegraph.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...7/news-story/06b6a1d60ba0d8572f47c550b0eb3011

WARRIORS
You know how this goes. The Warriors must have some kind of cloning facility hidden somewhere on the North Island because they just keep cranking out forwards with serious ability. Ofahiki Ogden is the latest out of the production line and while he might not have the size of some of the giants (at 192cm and 100kg he’s no featherweight either) he’s hard as you like and has terrific footwork. Capable of playing prop and secondrow, he’s in with a shot at landing a bench spot in 2017.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Not have the side of some of the giants. He's 192cm tall most of our guys are usually short and stocky. After a few pre seasons he'd probably put on another 5-15 kgs depending on the ideal weight the training staff think would be for him.

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Classic "Massive Warriors" reporting. Just because our juniors are 90% brown fellas, doesn't mean they're "massive" or any bigger than the Aussie juniors.

I'd love to ask the guy who was the last quality NRL forward the Warriors have produced from our clone facility? Matulino? Who debuted like 8 years ago?

Anyway, haven't seen to much of the lad, is he a second rower for real? Afoa is a prop in my mind (although he's probably too small ATM), so we don't have many second rowers running around.

Reactions: eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Anyway, haven't seen to much of the lad, is he a second rower for real? Afoa is a prop in my mind (although he's probably too small ATM), so we don't have many second rowers running around.
He plays on the edge for the 20s, they had a crap year last year, so might not be best to judge him on that, but compared to predecessors like RFM, he didn’t look great. Might have been in NSW cup as well.

And RFM hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire in first grade.

If you’re not dominant in the 20s, I can’t get too excited about these guys, like Sam Lisone might be a mediocre first grader, but he was carving up the junior grade.

I’m sure there are plenty who outgrow their junior reputation, but if you can’t boss around 19 year olds, realistically, how much use are ya going to be.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
He plays on the edge for the 20s, they had a crap year last year, so might not be best to judge him on that, but compared to predecessors like RFM, he didn’t look great. Might have been in NSW Cup as well.

And RFM hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire in first grade.
I guarantee Ogden has a better career than RFM.
RFM was hardly a stand out in the 20's and just benefited from our lack of second row options in first grade.
Ogden has all the potential, just needs to put it together. Has height, power, speed and an offload, just needs to work on defence and stamina.

Reactions: Weno

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Has height, power, speed and an offload, just needs to work on defence and stamina.
No problem if he cannot defend or runs out of puff there will be other players on the field to cover for him. The Warriors always do.:rolleyes:
If you’re not dominant in the 20s, I can’t get too excited about these guys, like Sam Lisone might be a mediocre first grader, but he was carving up the junior grade.
The elephant in the room syndrome. European boys are slow developers and can be worth a punt though.

Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Be good to see an Ogden running around in the NRL one day.

Reactions: Weno

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Be good to see an Ogden running around in the NRL one day.
I'm just not looking forward to hearing The Mad Dog, Darryl H, butcher his name!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Him & Tof is who we needed to keep. Dam
Ogden and Tof are two of our most promising youngins. The club continues to be a joke on and off the field.
If they don't make an impact in first grade in their first year out of the 20's, our front office doesn't want to know about them.
Will both end up being big mistakes letting them go. Its not like we have juniors waiting to take up their development spots in ISP.

WarriorBall

I'll be honest I thought he looked solid enough without setting the world on fire in ISP this year but if you consider he's only a year out from Holden Cup then looking solid should be good enough to keep persevering with him.

I'd be feeling a whole lot better about losing him and Tof if we had recruited quality replacements but all we seem to be doing at the moment is leaking forwards.

Rate this guy's younger brother btw.

Stalefish540

The circus must go on!!!
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
I have been really impressed with Ogden in every ISP game ive seen this year. Thought him and Pauga were future warriors. Is the bloke the worst trainer in the world or what?? Seriously dissapointed. We don't have a right edge rower for next year, so why are we throwing up and comers away. So strange

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
We don't need more local juniors. We need guys from the Aussie system to balance our squad.

Then we can maybe start winning and NZ league will get a shot in the arm.

David Bahanna wasn't happy to be leaving, even condemned the club on his way out, and he's not setting the world on fire as an adult.

Reactions: brightman

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings