General NZWF Favourite Warriors Jersey

Select your 3 favourite from the following list (pics on page 5)

• 2006-2008 Away

• 2008 Anniversary

• 2009-2011 Away

• 2012-2014 Away

• 2015-2016 Away

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2012
NZWF Favourite Warriors Jersey
As requested by Trugoy Trugoy and snake77 we bring you a thread to find out which one of our clubs many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many jerseys is our all time favourite.

Just a couple guidelines to keep it clean and fair.

- Jerseys that are similar in appearance will be counted as one eg 1995-96 home jersey, 2003-05 jerseys, 2009-2011 jerseys.
- Training jerseys will only be considered if they were worn in a trial match at the very least.
- Heritage jerseys will all count as different jerseys
- All winners from the separate polls will go into a knock out round poll until only one is left standing

Be sure to vote guys cause we get enough going we should be able to rank them from number 1 to 1001.

New polls will be added when voting has closed. Maybe 5 jerseys at a time will get voted on with people being asked to vote for their top 3. All jerseys will be polled at some point so dont worry if your favourite takes a while to show up.

Any queries or suggestions please ask as we want to make this fun and easy but do realise there may be some teething problems at first.

Should we add NSW Cup and NYC jerseys to the mix?

Thank you.

NEW POLL

Up for selection is:

1995-1996 Home jersey
9.jpg 16.jpg

1997-1999 Home/Away jersey
20.jpg 22.jpg 24.jpg

2000 Away
29.jpg

2001-2002 Home
26.jpg 34.jpg

2003-2005 Home
36.jpg 47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Great stuff, voted 2003 (really liked the grey, even if it was a kiwis rip off) 1995 (classic) and 2001 (didn't like that combo at the time, nostalgia brings you around) in that order.

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
I can't remember one decent jersey in that whole 97' Super League comp, including ours.
And we kept it!

2001/2 for mine. Beauty.

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
In my opinion the original jersey is still the best jersey we ever had though if we could include reserve grade sides I would pick the Auckland Vulcans jersey from 2007-2012 just because I love basic white on blue colour scheme that it had and if it was in my power I would change our home jerseys to that but with our original team logo on front (only without curvy / cursed tongue). Nothing against our current black jersey but I just believe that in this international competition that we're in, the only team that should be allowed to wear black is our national team just like the only team that should be allowed to be called "New Zealand" is Kiwi's. Just a personal preference ... :)

Reactions: Vancent

Akuma_81

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 6, 2012
Brisbane
Tough choice between the 95-96 and 01-02 jerseys, both iconic to our club. If i had to choose one though it would be 01-02 because of the nostalgic factor, and because it looked so damn good as a heritage jersey on Sunday! These jerseys definitely represent our heritage as a club and together represent our origin and greatest era of success. Hopefully the positive response to the 2016 heritage jersey will mean that the club will continue to use older designs more regularly rather than random NZ theme jersey.

I'd also be happy to see us go back to the blue, white, red, green on a regular basis but realize that will probably never happen due to the association of those colours with Auckland and DB Bitter.

Many other clubs have gone back to more traditional designs and colours after flirting with stylized designs (Sharks, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Knights, Tigers), while teams like the Roosters, Rabbitohs, and Dragons never departed from tradition! If we're going to stick with the black, grey, red combination then hopefully it's for the long term and we make it part of our identity.

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
Hopefully from now on, the club just releases past jerseys as heritage jerseys. None of this pride of the Warrior crap or whatever they choose to name it. Hoping to see a 95 away remake.

Best 'standard' jerseys imo are - 95/96 home
01/02 home
95 away

kabkram

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 21, 2015
01-02 Hands down the best jersey we ever had. As for the original 95 jersey, we were the Auckland Warriors so blue was an obvious and good choice as to the red and green I always thought that was a certain sponsor having too much say in the jersey design

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane
Did we really play at home in that ugly red one in 2000? I've somehow wiped it from my mind

Edit: just saw primative3d post

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
My all time best ever, and I've tried to buy it, but can never find one, is the black and yellow one, like in ^^^Diesel^^^ pic above. Man that really rocks IMO.

Close second 2001-2002 home, but can't go past the black and yellow.

wazzas

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
My all time best ever, and I've tried to buy it, but can never find one, is the black and yellow one, like in ^^^Diesel^^^ pic above. Man that really rocks IMO.

Close second 2001-2002 home, but can't go past the black and yellow.
that the Mt Albert one in 2002
MT albert.jpg

Reactions: Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Again not to bang on about myself but having grown up in Mt Albert I remember getting in bidding war for Mt Albert/ Warriors jersey on Trademe a couple of years ago and the thing went for almost $900. It was framed and everything. Don't know who ended up with it but at that price it would have to be single most expensive NZ Warriors shirt sold on Trademe at time. Also talking about NZ Warriors jumpers, for those of you who likes the 2001-2002 home jersey the best, my mate was telling me that The Mad Butcher out in Glen Eden in Auckland has 2002 Warriors Jersey that Stacey Jones wore in Grand Final. Going to go there tomorrow to find out and pick up some frozen pancakes. They're only place in the country that sells blueberry waffles ... :hungry:

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
I think FAN is referring to the Wellington jersey. The mt Albert one is really sweet too though..

Yeah I was, but TBH I love them all. The Maori one they did not so long ago is also a big favorite of mine, can't remember what it was called or what year it came out, 2015 I think ?

Reactions: Defence

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
Yeah I was, but TBH I love them all. The Maori one they did not so long ago is also a big favorite of mine, can't remember what it was called or what year it came out, 2015 I think ?

The greenstone looking one was from 2012 and looking back, that one is quite good actually. It's original.

You might be referring to the wood carving looking one from last year. I'm not a fan of it, but each to their own.

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
The greenstone looking one was from 2012 and looking back, that one is quite good actually. It's original.

You might be referring to the wood carving looking one from last year. I'm not a fan of it, but each to their own.

Yeah that's it, I really like that one myself. Like I say, they are all good in their own way, but I do have my favorites like everyone else.

Reactions: Johnnyray and eric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings