General NZBLOKES.CO.NZ: NRL finals preview by Peter Jessup

RRG_old

It is not an unfair article but I am the eternal optimist when it comes to the Warriors. 3 in a row boys!!! "Call me Lyal I'll call you Lyal too.."

Jesbass_old

It is not an unfair article but I am the eternal optimist when it comes to the Warriors. 3 in a row boys!!! "Call me Lyal I'll call you Lyal too.."

I'm with you on this one, RRG.

I was sitting next to Dobbyn at the last home match, incidentally - completely by fluke!

sebastian_old

I'd call him negative, rather than so the article. I feel the agenda behind the article the most offensive point of all.

His articles, have a had a negative theme going back. Its like reading a news limited article, when you already know which way the articles biased against/towards.

sebastian_old

same old shit, different day. One bad performance, that's it. Season over!! pack your bags and go to the beach. I have not given up yet, and nor will I!!! They are a much much better team than that. They know it, I know it, and I suspect everyone who logs in to this site knows it, so get behind them. If you're not with them, you may as well go and watch the RWC, and good luck staying awake for that

GO THE WARRIORS!!!

I had missed your post the first time around.

Well said.

mrblonde_old

I'll admit I had a few seconds of "Huh? What?" over this....Doh!

If you're Lyal, do you Lovett?!

And do you "driiiiiiiiiiiinkk yourself more bliiiiiiiiissss...."?

Never mind that the point of the song is against what it's now being used in celebration of....

Jesbass_old

I'll admit I had a few seconds of "Huh? What?" over this....Doh!

If you're Lyal, do you Lovett?!

And do you "driiiiiiiiiiiinkk yourself more bliiiiiiiiissss...."?

Never mind that the point of the song is against what it's now being used in celebration of....

Yeah, one of the sad ironies that the anti-drinking song became a drinking anthem.

Jesbass_old

Except that South Park bombs. Alas.

It used to be good...mind you, it might have got better. I haven't watched in years. I think the last I saw was the movie which was okay for the first half, and got worse as it went on. (But the dying giraffe distraction was genius.)

2big2strong_old

Yeah, one of the sad ironies that the anti-drinking song became a drinking anthem.

Really? Anti-drinking song? The film clip and lyrics definitely suggest otherwise. In fact I can't see anything but complete praise of drinking in the song.

Spence_old

They've been good lately, JB. There's one particularly funny one about Inception.

2big2strong_old

Yep, just like Loyal is a break up song.

Yep, I can see how Loyal can be a break up song as that is what is depicted in the film clip. However I can't see any sort of Anti-drinking theme used anywhere in 'Bliss'. Unless the entire song/video is one giant crude attempt at sarcasm, I just can't see it?

They also support alcohol and cigarettes in 'Be mine tonight' so it's a strange kettle of fish. I know DD is a christian these days and maybe in hindsight he regrets some of his secular lyrics from his skinny young days.

I don't (and will never) doubt you at all Dave!.....I just don't believe a word you say and never will!

Spence_old

Speaking of NZ songs:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC8-yvHm1io[/YOUTUBE]

Jesbass_old

Yep, I can see how Loyal can be a break up song as that is what is depicted in the film clip. However I can't see any sort of Anti-drinking theme used anywhere in 'Bliss'. Unless the entire song/video is one giant crude attempt at sarcasm, I just can't see it?

They also support alcohol and cigarettes in 'Be mine tonight' so it's a strange kettle of fish. I know DD is a christian these days and maybe in hindsight he regrets some of his secular lyrics from his skinny young days.

I don't (and will never) doubt you at all Dave!.....I just don't believe a word you say and never will!

I thought it was common knowledge, but the most unreliable of websites attests to it to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Dobbyn

Here's a chat from LordGnome's homepage: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-432097.html

But yeah, I think sarcasm is what they were going for.

Of course, I could text Mrs Dobbyn to confirm? :D (Although you still wouldn't believe me, haha...)

Incidentally, this was a few years (at least) before DD became a Christian.

2big2strong_old

Facts are completely irrelevant to this debate. You're so silly, Daves silly :D