General NZ Warriors vs Wigan Warriors 2014 Trial

Yeah Bro I musta been near you , Got a good look at Hurrell ( not as close as you did ) amazing Job they have done cutting him up from that Fat pic at the Juniors Hell Camp.
I was thinking they would have learned last year what food and training Strips the fat off Hurrell and he would easily lose five of the reported 10kg he put on.
He looks lean as.
We must have a lot worked out behind the scenes with training. It may just be that Hurrell will go up and down on the scales every year over the preseason. No biggie if he is Lean on time for round one.
Yeah bro, just when I thought the girls were staring at me.
Nah yeah, my wife thinks they were staring at me. LOL
should of told them im rested for the nines aye. LOL

Reactions: 1 users
Nah yeah, my wife thinks they were staring at me. LOL
!
Or you could have tried......
" Yeah I'm catching up with the mates , good to be back in the Waikato , Winters are so cold in the North Of England ....signed Wigan Weno "
Dam i spend to much time amongst Criminals / Fraudsters.......gives one ideas

Reactions: 1 user
erm... no... but I only got to the DW once last year since my yorkshire exile :(

We need some new chants though because the best ones are were for players who have left (Richards is superman etc)

Just on Supporters....the Ex Pats that got a Wave from a Wigan player at the Waikato stadium were chanting

Wigan boys we are here whooa whooa
Wigan boys we are here whooo whooo

Wigan boys ( sounded like ' we shag our women and drink beer' I might have mistaken me accents lol ).

have you heard that one before ?

Two inches Taller aye ?

That weight match up and height difference would explain why Lockers looks Bigger. Shucks what a Forward pack that would be....it looks like a Salary cap blow out style team of the ilk of Rorters and Rabittohs.
Yeah just being a touch pedantic there with the height/ weight haha. Yeah that would make O'loughlin look a bit stockier but i think Mannerings height and build is perfect for those smothering tackles he does so well.One thing that amazes me about Mannering is how strong he is, man handles players 10kg heavier than him like they are halfbacks. Top 3 defensive players in the game, makes 35+ bone crushing tackles as opposed to Taylors non-dominant hold-on-and-hope tackles.

erm... no... but I only got to the DW once last year since my yorkshire exile :(

We need some new chants though because the best ones are were for players who have left (Richards is superman etc)
They were old buggers RP.....in their fifties at least. Shag is such an Austin Powers term.

I've heard of a Carmount chant to the tune of Gary Glitters come on come on....

I was thinking a simple one for us might go

Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam......Tom-kins !

Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam..... Tom-kins

haven't been on here for a while. I'm sure this has alrady been said somewhere else, but I watched a replay of the Wigan game. Has Ropati still as bad as ever, or has he actually got worse

One of the funnier crowd chants I heard was some mates of mine 'there are better centres in a box of chocolates'. The sad thing was it was me they were targeting. Cheeky pricks.

Reactions: 2 users

Buck777

Sitting in the stands I realised Wigan was the 1st ESL team I've ever watched live. Have to say - I was impressed by their tenacity. Their defence on their line was first class. If Tomkins was the cream of the crop ( which many say he was ) - then I'm very excited about round 1

Liking the reports of Koni looking lean and mean. Ironically, being fitter and less round should translate into him becoming a more well-rounded player. Like others, I'd happily take the slightly less damaging but still effective attack of Low Mappy over Koni's bull-ish runs if it meant we had a centre who could defend better. I think as he gets older he'll start to take the approach that he 'owns' that part of the field on D, and keeps a more alert eye on it.

Nah yeah, my wife thinwarriorshey were staring at me. LOL

My mate got on the piss with joe vagana and stacey jones and joe was telling the girls my mate was a new signing for the warriors wascrack up

!
Or you could have tried......
" Yeah I'm catching up with the mates , good to be back in the Waikato , Winters are so cold in the North Of England ....signed Wigan Weno "
Dam i spend to much time amongst Criminals / Fraudsters.......gives one ideas
Welcome Back, hope we turned it on for you and your peeps.
Dis regarding the result.LOL

They were old buggers RP.....in their fifties at least. Shag is such an Austin Powers term.

I've heard of a Carmount chant to the tune of Gary Glitters come on come on....

I was thinking a simple one for us might go

Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam......Tom-kins !

Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam..... Tom-kins

We used to sing "Sam. Sam will tear you apart, ...........again!" to the Joy Division tune?

We used to sing "Sam. Sam will tear you apart, ...........again!" to the Joy Division tune?
They'll be singing his name after what we saw today Kitwazzer , What a Prince of Rugby League...he has it all , WOW ( 2nd time I've seen Sam play Live can't believe we've got three seasons to watch ).

to the Joy Division tune?
To the tune of something will probably to hard for NZ crowds; it will be hard enough getting the words correct.

That's why UK crowds are cool; they chant but it's actually to the tune of something. Our chants are more like defence defence or warriors warriors basic is the way down here.

RidingPie and Kitwazzer .....you boys must be perusing the NRL Nines Forum and sitting back grinning Like the proverbial Cheshire Cats.
Enjoy the moment the Warriors Fans saw what you all have been saying.....while knowing we haven't even scratched the Surface of what Tomkins will do with the Weapons he has at his disposal in this club :cigar:

Johnson is a freak...now we have a player looking to put him in Gaps OMG

the thing thats making me happy is that, as well as doing the business on the pitch, he still coming across as a down to earth, humble (at least to the media) player.

of course I really glad he's making a good impression. That said I miss him in cherry and white!