General NZ Warriors Starting Lineup 07

Robster_old

Guest
McKinnon
Vatuvei
Ropati
Fai
Ah Van
Witt (GK)
Rovelli
Wiki (VC)
Fien
Price (C)
Koopu
Luck
Mannering
-----------
Anderson
Lauaki
Rapira
Fai
 

?_old

Guest
*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:
i think its kinda slak how ppl dont want aussies in a nz team...its not there fault there born aussie, they cant choose the race of there parents, itd b different if they chose to b aussie wen they were born and then decided to play for nz, they had no say in it n if ppl r getting pissed off that aussies wanna play for nz then imagine how they feel aye, im sure if they could they would hav been born kiwis but its not upto them so dont giv em crap if there a different race n want to play for us.

Was that suppose to be a txt? Because my inbox is full sorry.
 

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

Guest
? said:
*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:
i think its kinda slak how ppl dont want aussies in a nz team...its not there fault there born aussie, they cant choose the race of there parents, itd b different if they chose to b aussie wen they were born and then decided to play for nz, they had no say in it n if ppl r getting pissed off that aussies wanna play for nz then imagine how they feel aye, im sure if they could they would hav been born kiwis but its not upto them so dont giv em crap if there a different race n want to play for us.

Was that suppose to be a txt? Because my inbox is full sorry.
i dont no wat ur talking about but now i feel sad :(
 

?_old

Guest
Im just pointing out that txt type messages should be left for the cellphone, the way you wrote it I feel like I should rap to that post rather than read it.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
? said:
Then take away the 'New Zealand' part from the Warriors. They are known as the New Zealand Warriors that I can confirm from my experiences of living in Australia, we all called them the New Zealand Warriors and they get advertised on television for their matches under that name. Look at the title of this thread. If you want to allow Australians to play in the team then take the name away from the team. Simple solution.

As a New Zealand who has lived abroad I take offence at the noun New Zealand being put infront of a 'domestic' team as you put it. The noun New Zealand means more to me than allowing Australians to play under a name they cannot appreciate. Are they New Zealanders?

You cannot have it both ways, using the noun New Zealand and then allowing Australians to play under the name.

That's fine, as long as every Raiders player comes from Canberra, Knights from Newcastle, Eels from Parramatta, etc etc etc. That's what I was referring to when I talked about having it both ways. Forcing only people who come from where the team has as a location, (in this case New Zealand), means the same has to apply to the other clubs.

It's just a branding thing, like Team New Zealand.
 

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

Guest
? said:
Im just pointing out that txt type messages should be left for the cellphone, the way you wrote it I feel like I should rap to that post rather than read it.

oh ok lol, i will write differently from now on :)
 

David James_old

Guest
Jesbass said:
? said:
Then take away the 'New Zealand' part from the Warriors. They are known as the New Zealand Warriors that I can confirm from my experiences of living in Australia, we all called them the New Zealand Warriors and they get advertised on television for their matches under that name. Look at the title of this thread. If you want to allow Australians to play in the team then take the name away from the team. Simple solution.

As a New Zealand who has lived abroad I take offence at the noun New Zealand being put infront of a 'domestic' team as you put it. The noun New Zealand means more to me than allowing Australians to play under a name they cannot appreciate. Are they New Zealanders?

You cannot have it both ways, using the noun New Zealand and then allowing Australians to play under the name.

That's fine, as long as every Raiders player comes from Canberra, Knights from Newcastle, Eels from Parramatta, etc etc etc. That's what I was referring to when I talked about having it both ways. Forcing only people who come from where the team has as a location, (in this case New Zealand), means the same has to apply to the other clubs.

It's just a branding thing, like Team New Zealand.

Thank you Jesbass can (usually) rely on you for some sanity around here.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
David James said:
Jesbass said:
? said:
Then take away the 'New Zealand' part from the Warriors. They are known as the New Zealand Warriors that I can confirm from my experiences of living in Australia, we all called them the New Zealand Warriors and they get advertised on television for their matches under that name. Look at the title of this thread. If you want to allow Australians to play in the team then take the name away from the team. Simple solution.

As a New Zealand who has lived abroad I take offence at the noun New Zealand being put infront of a 'domestic' team as you put it. The noun New Zealand means more to me than allowing Australians to play under a name they cannot appreciate. Are they New Zealanders?

You cannot have it both ways, using the noun New Zealand and then allowing Australians to play under the name.

That's fine, as long as every Raiders player comes from Canberra, Knights from Newcastle, Eels from Parramatta, etc etc etc. That's what I was referring to when I talked about having it both ways. Forcing only people who come from where the team has as a location, (in this case New Zealand), means the same has to apply to the other clubs.

It's just a branding thing, like Team New Zealand.

Thank you Jesbass can (usually) rely on you for some sanity around here.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Lol, thanks David James. The key word there being 'usually', lol! :lol:
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
What are the chances of Swann starting in the second row? Or will we opt for Luck, Anderson and Koopu or possibly Lauaki?
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
I think Lauaki has to be in there somewhere, because he offers something different. But at the end of the day, I just theink the seventeen players in the best form should take the field.
 

blain91_old

Guest
Lauaki has to be on the starting line up, and koopu on the bench. Hes a big guy and we need that impact.

11 lauaki
12 luck
13 anderson

Fai on bench
 

raypower_old

Guest
Stick to the topic ?.

You've taken on board jingoistic ideals to back up your original topic which lacks weight. As nice as protecting Aotearoa and Mana etc is they don't appear in the clubs name and I doubt you would've seen an ad in Oz referring to the New Zealand Aotearoa Mana Warriors.

The point of the matter is the Warriors had the New Zealand imposed on them because of the Auckland Warriors franchise collapsing. If they changed it geographically they would've needed to relocate too which probably would've been financially unviable and resulted in them losing their NRL license. As idealistic as your gripe is, I'd much rather have a club in the NRL that represents New Zealand and Auckland than seeing every Kiwi player go straight to an Aussie Club.

Just think, if they'd folded in 2000/2001 we would never have witnessed Evarn's try against Brisbane in 03, we wouldn't have seen Manu debut in black and silver nor would we have the pleasure of seeing future NZ superstars play for the Warriors all because of someones ideals and sensibilities...

Nationalism in sport these days isn't just reserved to national sides and not everyone's going to afree with it but it seems to work. I, and other forum members still love watching the New Zealand Warriors and the NBL has just gained exposure in Singapore with another national squad, I don't hear any Singaporeans complaining about the use of Singapore there.
 

?_old

Guest
rayroxon said:
Nationalism in sport these days isn't just reserved to national sides and not everyone's going to afree with it but it seems to work. I, and other forum members still love watching the New Zealand Warriors and the NBL has just gained exposure in Singapore with another national squad, I don't hear any Singaporeans complaining about the use of Singapore there.

National squad but they are a franchise as many say?

Leave the "Nationalism" up to the America's Cup and the Allblacks. They are doing well spreading New Zealands name. Its not the job of the Warriors, just change the name to the Parnell Warriors or something and concentrate on football rather than becoming international.

And for god sakes give some Batercard boys a go.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
? said:
rayroxon said:
Nationalism in sport these days isn't just reserved to national sides and not everyone's going to afree with it but it seems to work. I, and other forum members still love watching the New Zealand Warriors and the NBL has just gained exposure in Singapore with another national squad, I don't hear any Singaporeans complaining about the use of Singapore there.

National squad but they are a franchise as many say?

Leave the "Nationalism" up to the America's Cup and the Allblacks. They are doing well spreading New Zealands name. Its not the job of the Warriors, just change the name to the Parnell Warriors or something and concentrate on football rather than becoming international.

And for god sakes give some Batercard boys a go.

The problem there, though, is that the All Blacks are a national side, while Team New Zealand are not. So I'm just curious as to why you think it would be fine for Team New Zealand to bear the country's name, but not the Warriors, when neither are national teams?

I agree with you on the Bartercard thing, though. Taulapapa, Ah Van and Rapira all debuted in 2006 from the Bartercard competition. Long may it continue.
 

Wiki_old

Guest
I didn't even bother reading most of the crap that some people have posted regarding the name.

Lets look at it this way.

How many players that play for Melbourne are from Melbourne? And how many of their fans care.

Then lets look at the Titans.

How many players are from the Gold Coast?

The name New Zealand does NOT mean thats where our players HAVE TO COME FROM. It is where our team is based. Its a business decision above all.

So frankly, quit your bitching.

We have an abundance of NEW ZEALAND TALENT signed to our team and the number of players we have introduced in recent times is more than satisfactory. Not to mention the number of juniors that we have signed.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Rightyo so back the real deal of this thread..I was just thinking. Even though the Warriors have pretty much bought Michael Witt as their specialist 5/8..where does that leave Ropo? Some say he can go to centre, and I'm also wondering about that other dude Michael Crockett too..
 

Taki_old

Guest
I would go with-

1. McKinnon
2. Ah Van
3. Ropati
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. Hohaia
7. Rovelli
8. Wiki
9. Fien
10. Price
11. Luck
12. Koopu
13. Anderson

14. Swann
15. Gatis
16. Tuimavave
17. Lauaki

18. Crockett- I wanted to give him a spot but there was no room

I'd open the floodgates and give the youngsters a shot after the starting side. No more players with "potential" being log-jammed. This includes:

Rapira
Fai
Vuna
Start
John
Packer
Shephard
Henry, and
Kirk

In my squad, Martin, Witt (is s***), and Byrne would be bracing themselves for an extended period in the domestic comp.
________
Jeep Xj
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Hohaia is far too good to leave out, and I like the fact you've included him but really sometimes I think he's waste as a 5/8 but if he gets another shot there I don't see why not. But who really knows what's behind the thinking. Whatever side Cleary and co get together for 2007 will be a good one.