General NZ Warriors Starting Lineup 07

milcr_old

Hey guys,
Long time reader, first time poster, just want your guys thoughts on the warriors starting line up for next year. I would like to see

McKinnon
Vatuvei
Ropati
Mannering
Ah Van
Witt (GK)
Rovelli
Wiki (VC)
Fien
Price (C)
Koopu
Luck
Anderson
-----------
Hohaia
Lauaki
Rapira
Fai

Ive gone for a mix of experience and youth. My big pick is to watch for the EXPLOSION of Sonny Fai!! Ive seen this guy play and i'll tell u, he was an absoulte handfull!! Unfortunately such is our depth next year that many top players wont make the starting 17 (Byrne, Martin, Gatis, etc).

Skinny_Ravs82

To be honest Koopu didn't have the greatest season this year. He was pretty ordinary really. I wouldn't really consider him a starter just yet. Bit harsh there on Georgie thuo. I thought it quite a few of the games he played majority this year he was pretty impressive. Had to play a couple of games on full 80 because of Nath's injury. Hohia, is some one I'd love to see more in first grade, but he got shuffled a bit this yea which doesn't help him in my eyes. Ropo is not a bad person at center, but he does have a bit of a habit of causing the winger outside of him to come in (so does Martin actually) and then allows the opposition to sneak past. But again aside from him, Marto and Toddy there isn't really anyone else to stick there *sighs* Also it would be a bit soon to break the Rovelli-Ropati thing. First got to see how Witty does before I'd throw him the garteneed 5/8 spot.

KeepingTheFaith_old

No way will Rapira start ahead of Tuimavavae and I think you'll find Swann ahead of Fai just to start the year.

The big thing for me is what are they planning to do with Hohaia. He's not a stand off, halfback is taken, so is he a centre, hooker, urility, or batercard starter? Unfortunately I can see the uncertainty counting against Hohaia and he might miss out to start the year unless they keep Ropati at five eight and persist with Hohaia at centre.

While it wouldn't be my team, I can see our first team lineup (barring injuries) being.

1. McKinnon
2. Ah Van
3. Hohaia (GK)
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. Ropati
7. Rovelli
8. Wiki
9. Fien
10. Price
11. Luck
12. Swann
13. Anderson

14. Tuimavavae
15. Koopu
16. Lauaki
17. Witt

Ryno_old

How about??

1. McKinnon
2. Ah Van
3. Ropati
4. Start
5. Vatuvei
6. Witt (GK)
7. Rovelli
8. Wiki
9. Fien
10. Price
11. Luck
12. Anderson
13. Mannering

14. Tuimavavae
15. Rapira
16. Lauaki
17. Fai

KeepingTheFaith_old

You're dreaming Ryno. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind seeing that team, there's just no chance of it happening come round 1. Koopu and Swann will both be there somewhere. I hope they both really put in during the off season cause last year was nothing special for either of them.

warriors4life_old

1. McKinnon
2. Ah Van
3. Ropati
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. Witt (gk)
7. Rovelli
8. Wiki
9. Fien
10. Price (c)
11. Luck
12. Swann
13. Anderson

14. Gatis
15. Tuimavave
16. Koopu
17. Lauaki

Goodbye Martin.

Skinny_Ravs82

I think w4l's list is close to spot on. Again I do feel for Hohaia thou...damn shame. Grrr...

westie stylz_old

Has it become standard to pick 4 forwards on the bench?

Crap indictment on the game if you ask me. Game should be about attacking and injecting some skill not having 10 tackling machines and hitup merchants on rotation.

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

I'd hav

1.Mickinnon
2.Ah Van
3.Hohaia
4.Mannering
5.Vatuvei
6.Ropati
7.Rovelli
8.Wiki
9.Fien
10.Price
11.Packer tbh
12.Anderson
13.Luck
-----------
14.Tuimavave
15.Gatis
16.Mika tbh
17.Lauaki

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

oops haha sorry. and yes w4l packer is staring in the bak row cos i dont no where to put him haha and i somehow want him in the line up so thatll do for now :)

?_old

milcr said:
Hey guys,
Long time reader, first time poster, just want your guys thoughts on the warriors starting line up for next year. I would like to see

McKinnon
Vatuvei
Ropati
Mannering
Ah Van
Witt (GK)
Rovelli
Wiki (VC)
Fien
Price (C)
Koopu
Luck
Anderson
-----------
Hohaia
Lauaki
Rapira
Fai

Ive gone for a mix of experience and youth. My big pick is to watch for the EXPLOSION of Sonny Fai!! Ive seen this guy play and i'll tell u, he was an absoulte handfull!! Unfortunately such is our depth next year that many top players wont make the starting 17 (Byrne, Martin, Gatis, etc).

Too many aussies

Jesbass_old

? said:
milcr said:
Hey guys,

McKinnon
Vatuvei
Ropati
Mannering
Ah Van
Witt (GK)
Rovelli
Wiki (VC)
Fien
Price (C)
Koopu
Luck
Anderson
-----------
Hohaia
Lauaki
Rapira
Fai

Too many aussies

There's a 2:1 ratio of Kiwis to Aussies there. What ratio would you prefer?

?_old

Jesbass said:
? said:
milcr said:
Hey guys,

McKinnon
Vatuvei
Ropati
Mannering
Ah Van
Witt (GK)
Rovelli
Wiki (VC)
Fien
Price (C)
Koopu
Luck
Anderson
-----------
Hohaia
Lauaki
Rapira
Fai

Too many aussies

What is the name of the team?

tHe_maC_old

An idealist...

Unfortunately a team of NZers will never will an Australian comp, thankfully management aren't as nieve or perhaps as stubborn as you are and realise this too.

Jesbass_old

? said:
Jesbass said:
? said:
milcr said:
Hey guys,

McKinnon
Vatuvei
Ropati
Mannering
Ah Van
Witt (GK)
Rovelli
Wiki (VC)
Fien
Price (C)
Koopu
Luck
Anderson
-----------
Hohaia
Lauaki
Rapira
Fai

Too many aussies

What is the name of the team?

The Vodafone Warriors are a domestic team in an Australian competition. If you want a team full of New Zealanders, that's what a national side is for - the Kiwis. You can't have it both ways. If each team has to live up to where it's from, there would be no way Kiwis could play in other sides, and the competition itself would be a lot less impressive as a result.

?_old

Then take away the 'New Zealand' part from the Warriors. They are known as the New Zealand Warriors that I can confirm from my experiences of living in Australia, we all called them the New Zealand Warriors and they get advertised on television for their matches under that name. Look at the title of this thread. If you want to allow Australians to play in the team then take the name away from the team. Simple solution.

As a New Zealand who has lived abroad I take offence at the noun New Zealand being put infront of a 'domestic' team as you put it. The noun New Zealand means more to me than allowing Australians to play under a name they cannot appreciate. Are they New Zealanders?

You cannot have it both ways, using the noun New Zealand and then allowing Australians to play under the name.

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

i think its kinda slak how ppl dont want aussies in a nz team...its not there fault there born aussie, they cant choose the race of there parents, itd b different if they chose to b aussie wen they were born and then decided to play for nz, they had no say in it n if ppl r getting pissed off that aussies wanna play for nz then imagine how they feel aye, im sure if they could they would hav been born kiwis but its not upto them so dont giv em crap if there a different race n want to play for us.