Recruitment NZ Warriors Sign Issac Luke - Confirmed

Good to see Wright playing well also, he's an important addition. It's refreshing to have a defensive Winger to shore up the edges
Not a wright fan but you can't argue with that. Doing his job a starting to run the ball back with abit more purpose. His first 3 weeks were a shocker.

Reactions: 2 people

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Yeah I saw that too, and thought it must be some amazing keeping things quiet until the media leak late Thursday Night/Early Friday Morning. No media involved until then. Wow, what a week that the players had knew Luke was coming much earlier than everyone else.
Wouldnt have been the whole squad being told about Isaac Luke's signing. Just the leadership group I reckon...

Good to see Wright playing well also, he's an important addition. It's refreshing to have a defensive Winger to shore up the edges
I wouldnt call Wright a defensive winger at all. His edge has been the worst in the whole NRL and he's as much to blame as his centre partners. IMO his defence is just as bad as the Beast.

Very safe with ball in hand but hardly a defensive winger...

Reactions: Jay M
Wouldnt have been the whole squad being told about Isaac Luke's signing. Just the leadership group I reckon...

I wouldnt call Wright a defensive winger at all. His edge has been the worst in the whole NRL and he's as much to blame as his centre partners. IMO his defence is just as bad as the Beast.

Very safe with ball in hand but hardly a defensive winger...
Fair call.....can't argue with the stats..... I guess I set the bar a bit low there.....being safe with the Ball.

Lol@souffs .... benched Luke out of spite and claimed it was "due to performance". Surprisingly all of the guys on the Matty Johns show were questioning the decision and saying the timing was "interesting". If anybody should be benched, it's GI. Dude is seriously out of form.

Aside from the girl, they're also mostly in agreement that Hurrell's knee was an accident / poor technique from Tupou.

Lol@souffs .... benched Luke out of spite and claimed it was "due to performance". Surprisingly all of the guys on the Matty Johns show were questioning the decision and saying the timing was "interesting". If anybody should be benched, it's GI. Dude is seriously out of form.

Aside from the girl, they're also mostly in agreement that Hurrell's knee was an accident / poor technique from Tupou.

Yeah the daily telegraph journalists and I use the word loosely in Paul Kent and James Hooper have both claimed that there have been growing tensions between Luke and McGuire including a spray that McGuire gave Luke after Souths loss to the Raiders which Isaac Luke wasn't happy about.

Yeah the daily telegraph journalists and I use the word loosely in Paul Kent and James Hooper have both claimed that there have been growing tensions between Luke and McGuire including a spray that McGuire gave Luke after Souths loss to the Raiders which Isaac Luke wasn't happy about.

Oh, that's a shame. Maybe it's best for both parties to cut ties. Sign an early release. And agree to part ways. The best for both clubs.. :troll:

Oh, that's a shame. Maybe it's best for both parties to cut ties. Sign an early release. And agree to part ways. The best for both clubs.. :troll:

Yeah I think it would be in Souths best interests to release Isaac Luke early don't want to have a player at the club who is home sick. Come on Mkchael McGuire you know it's true.

But I can see why McGuire started with McInnes he's gonna be Souths first choice next year so he needs the opportunity to get first grade experience even if it is only 20 mins at the start of the game. A team more often than not is going to lose the game in the first 20 mins.

Devious genius ... I love it

Not at all out of the realms of possibility ... I can just picture the conversation now ....

Madge: you betrayed us Bully so you're benched

Bully: oh don't be like that Madge bro

Madge: keep running your mouth & I'll drop your arse to reserve grade

Bully: keep running yours & I'll just ask for an early release

Madge: fine piss off then kiwi, but I want my bloody ring back ... NOW !!!

Bully turns to walks away but then turns back around & slowly raises up his left hand ...

And gives Madge the old Hawera Howzit :finger:

Before he finally leaves while shouting ... YO FARK YO ... WARRIORS FOR LIFE ... YEYAH !!!

:D

Last edited:
Yeah I think it would be in Souths best interests to release Isaac Luke early don't want to have a player at the club who is home sick. Come on Mkchael McGuire you know it's true.

But I can see why McGuire started with McInnes he's gonna be Souths first choice next year so he needs the opportunity to get first grade experience even if it is only 20 mins at the start of the game. A team more often than not is going to lose the game in the first 20 mins.

I agree in regards to starting McInnes. A good call on their part. Also saves Luke from the hard shit from our perspective. I just wish he wouldn't lie about it and claim Luke leaving has NOTHING to do with it. Seems silly.

Also ... things could be grim for Souths. They looked pretty bad before Luke got on. His appearance obviously not the end all, be all, but it could be an ominous sign for Souths in 2016.

I agree in regards to starting McInnes. A good call on their part. Also saves Luke from the hard shit from our perspective. I just wish he wouldn't lie about it and claim Luke leaving has NOTHING to do with it. Seems silly.

Also ... things could be grim for Souths. They looked pretty bad before Luke got on. His appearance obviously not the end all, be all, but it could be an ominous sign for Souths in 2016.
Thats real sad to see Souths season going downhill. Crowe must be crying. GI claimed they would try and go the whole season undefeated. Such a shame

• Haha
Reactions: 1 person
South's grudge match in Perth again. Russ must really hate us now. I reckon our next home game against south's should be mid winter night game in chch...

A nice 1 degree C . make them wait 5 mins before we run out. It'd be a cold day in hell for em...

Love the quote from Doyle today. "Issac wanted to come home, and South Sydney said they would release him. There is only one NRL club here ... I told his manager that doesn't put you in a strong negotiating position."

Love how we sign Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and he's committing career suicide coming here. We sign Luke and we have arguably one of the best dummy halves in the game and are looking ominous for next year. These Aussie league analysts are a funny bunch sometimes.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Sup42
Love the quote from Doyle today. "Issac wanted to come home, and South Sydney said they would release him. There is only one NRL club here ... I told his manager that doesn't put you in a strong negotiating position."

Could he be any more straight up? Haha.

That's why I think he and cappy are going to make such a good team - just zero tolerance for bullshit, and will tell you exactly how it is. No silver tongued serpents, ultra diplomatic rubbish... Jims telling everyone EXACTLY how it is in that article - rugby gets all the favoritism, and Eden park was an absolutely disaster of civil management, haha. Dont fuck with Jim.

The other thing from that article is, it sounds like we might have gotten quite a favorable deal with Isaac, which would be amazing.

Reactions: snake77