Recruitment NZ Warriors Sign Issac Luke - Confirmed

Yabba Dabba Doo..now if Doyle can get a hand shake from SBW to come to the Warriors after the World Cup job done.

He might be able to get a handshake - but not one for 3 years. I'm not a fan of "marquee" signings (which SBW would be) being one-year things. But is he really the kind of player we need? He might well get the punters through the gates just because of who he is, but I'd hate to feel that was the factor in signing someone.

Games against the two biggest Rorters in Souths and the Rooters are gonna have a bit of sting in them.
The rabbits will try to provoke Luke and the rooters will gangbang Sheck.

Exciting times for us fans

Reactions: Jay M and kheenanb
Games against the two biggest Rorters in Souths and the Rooters are gonna have a bit of sting in them.

yup but if there's one thing you don't do... you don't want to provoke our forward pack... if they're on a sleepy day you don't want them to fire up...

Let's not forget the signings we have playing currently this year plus our young rookies putting in some big performances. Thompson slowly better week to week best game yet last night and Hoffman. What more can you say about the hoff. That last play he made was a beauty with a minute to go Hoffman runs at full speed from 10 meters back charges the ball down then regathers has the awareness he's gonna get run down and aware Benny blar blar,s gonna go for a strip, secures his hold on the ball and shrugs the little Turkey off. He presented us with that game winning opportunity and Johnson took it. What a soldier. Never say die attitude. Even the Warriors didn't see that play coming. Mr Matulino was probably thinking this guy's superman when Hoffman ran straight by him with his arms in the air to charge the ball down. Just puts a smile on my face when I think of where we'll be in the very near future

Watching the Sunday footy show and Ryan Hoffman is on... they asked him when he found out about Luke signing. He said early in the week.

And it didn't come out til Thursday night/Friday morning... good to see the leaks internally are being sewn up as per mt.wellington mt.wellington 's post earlier in the week.

Yeah I saw that too, and thought it must be some amazing keeping things quiet until the media leak late Thursday Night/Early Friday Morning. No media involved until then. Wow, what a week that the players had knew Luke was coming much earlier than everyone else.

Let's not forget the signings we have playing currently this year plus our young rookies putting in some big performances. Thompson slowly better week to week best game yet last night and Hoffman. What more can you say about the hoff. That last play he made was a beauty with a minute to go Hoffman runs at full speed from 10 meters back charges the ball down then regathers has the awareness he's gonna get run down and aware Benny blar blar,s gonna go for a strip, secures his hold on the ball and shrugs the little Turkey off. He presented us with that game winning opportunity and Johnson took it. What a soldier. Never say die attitude. Even the Warriors didn't see that play coming. Mr Matulino was probably thinking this guy's superman when Hoffman ran straight by him with his arms in the air to charge the ball down. Just puts a smile on my face when I think of where we'll be in the very near future
Good to see Wright playing well also, he's an important addition. It's refreshing to have a defensive Winger to shore up the edges

Last edited: