Recruitment NZ Warriors Sign Issac Luke - Confirmed

Had to. Other NRL clubs and supporters. You better get use to this cause the Warriors are coming for you and are ready to lay the smack down. I said it before if the Warriors don't win the premiership under Jim Doyle's regin it never will.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Already have but gotta give Jim Doyle props again. Both our latest superstar signings have mentioned him as being key in their signing for the club. This from Isaac Luke:

“Going home to play for the Warriors has always been something I wanted to do. I know so many of the boys there and I also like what’s happening at the club since Jim has taken over.”

So without trying to go off thread who's next?

The potential ripple effects of this signing are huge. Once players see the potential of this team to get a ring I think we'll see more players willing to cross the ditch and we wont have to pay overs. On the flip side Nathan Friend is undoubtedly gone...

Welcome home boys!
image.jpg

Sounds like the Warriors got one back here. They are saying on the radio that Luke has been released from his contract by souths, with 2 years to run, on compassionate grounds. Talk of Luke missing home.

Reactions: ACT Warrior
Already have but gotta give Jim Doyle props again. Both our latest superstar signings have mentioned him as being key in their signing for the club. This from Isaac Luke:

“Going home to play for the Warriors has always been something I wanted to do. I know so many of the boys there and I also like what’s happening at the club since Jim has taken over.”

So without trying to go off thread who's next?

The potential ripple effects of this signing are huge. Once players see the potential of this team to get a ring I think we'll see more players willing to cross the ditch and we wont have to pay overs. On the flip side Nathan Friend is undoubtedly gone...

yup would say Friend is definitely gone. but then 20 mins off the bench per game probably told us that already. TBH, I'd sign him up on a minimum wage contract and play him in the NSW Cup anyway - great leadership for the younger players.

Leuluai would then either be free to go to utility off the bench, or maybe five eighth if Townsend does go home while Lolohea gets up to speed.

who's next? I'd take SKD or Nightingale ;)

Now what we need... is Doyle to lobby for a BIG round 1 clash at Mt Smart next season... Warriors vs Storm, or Broncos or Roosters - a big big round 1 game... name Foran and Luke...

and sell out Mt Smart sending a massive FU to the Auckland Council.

Funny you should mention leaks.

Ive stopped asking players for goss. Last time I leaked something about a surprise team selection Jim Doyle sent out a memo with the leaked info and blasted the players about it. Told them that as their phones are legally the property of the club that he wouldnt hesitate to go through phone records and weed out the moles. Was told he even reported the incident to the NRL's Integrity Unit lol. Players are shit scared now :D. Even when I do hear stuff I wont post it in case he sends some heavies over and kneecaps me!

Bad for us and the good oil but great for the club.

Loose lips sink ships.

All praise Jim Doyle..
Damn he means business. Having someone run a place strict like that could cause issues and unhappiness among the playing group to the point they aren't happy around the club. But hey we have had our fair share of player power and churning out coaches I'd rather we be professional and not leak our dirty laundry. Leaks of team changes and stuff might seem minor and could make this forum boring but hell the main goal as always is to be professional lift standards and win.

On your last line. There is an AC/DC sign with the line. Loose lips sink ships now come on board for a pleasure trip.

After signing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Luke the pleasure trip sets sail in 2016.:)

Well no work is going to be had today for me. havent even said much about it to anyone, just smiling around the office and people think i could laid last night.

i just love how is going to bring mongrel to out game
Sounds like the Warriors got one back here. They are saying on the radio that Luke has been released from his contract by souths, with 2 years to run, on compassionate grounds. Talk of Luke missing home.
there is a rumour going around that they were clearing cap for sam burgess to come back

For you people that Follow the NBA this sounds very familiar to the Miami Heat situation of 2010 where two superstar players join a third star to win a title. The ripple effect like others have mentioned will be huge players maybe willing to take pay cuts to come and chase a ring if everything goes the way it does. Auckland won't seem such a bad place anymore if the club is finishing top 4 every year.
Jim Fucking Doyle needs to be Knighted at New Years for his efforts

This is a historic day in the club the next decade could be a golden age not only for the Warriors but NZ rugby league in general

Well no work is going to be had today for me. havent even said much about it to anyone, just smiling around the office and people think i could laid last night.

i just love how is going to bring mongrel to out game

there is a rumour going around that they were clearing cap for sam burgess to come back

Think Souths would just apply to the NRL and David Smith to use there 'war chest.' The concept is farcical to be honest in so many ways.

If that was the case, it must have been a tough decision. Im not sure who the biggest winner is, the Warriors or Souths. The best forward last year vs one of the best hookers in the game

Question on the radio, 'is this the biggest one/two punch in recruitement, the Warriors have ever made'
I'd say yes, imo its bigger than Price and Wiki. 2 spine players, one of the best hookers and the most touted up and coming fullback in the NRL

Last edited:
Reactions: OMG
Scene one..Act one

Location- Jim Doyle's office

Phone rings.Jim picks up

Jim: Yes?
PA: Jim there's a call from Sydney for you.
Jim: Put it through please
(sound of heavy breathing on the line)
Jim: Is that you Matai? I have told you before we are not interested...ever
Voice on the other end speaks
Keiran Foran here Jim. can we have a chat?

:)

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Funny you should mention leaks.

Ive stopped asking players for goss. Last time I leaked something about a surprise team selection Jim Doyle sent out a memo with the leaked info and blasted the players about it. Told them that as their phones are legally the property of the club that he wouldnt hesitate to go through phone records and weed out the moles. Was told he even reported the incident to the NRL's Integrity Unit lol. Players are shit scared now :D. Even when I do hear stuff I wont post it in case he sends some heavies over and kneecaps me!

Roll my eyes a bit at the doyle lovefest, the product on the field hasn’t changed an iota since he’s been here, but I love, love, love that story as an example of an actual difference being made, I hate the way moley and these dickheads insinuate themselves into the making and breaking recruitment stories, a monkey with a dartboard would be as accurate, it is gold that our guy is going to lock down on that sort of rubbish coming in and out of our club.

And one by one the future and present stars of the NRL come on over. Credit where its due.

What a massive signing still can't get over it, right up there as one of the best signings ever in terms of a player in his prime and his achievements already.

Obviously they sold the club well to both Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Luke and the vision for excellence and premiership success is no bs.

These are the real deal signings fans on this forum and many others had hoped and prayed for and it's coming to fruition, surreal.

With the uncertainty surrounding Townsend it will be a smoother transition for Foran at 6 I mean Lolohea haha..

Luke will take ownership of that ruck area, take pressure off the halves.. allow Tui and Shaun Johnson to wreak havoc. Mouth watering possibilities

1.Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 6.Lolohea 7.Johnson 9.Luke.. freakish spine.