General NZ Warriors Podcast

Screenshot_20180501-061724.png spotted this on Sunday

The problem with a podcast it’s only one way communication...

With social media today that’s not going to work...

People don’t just want to sit and listen. They want to answer back... discuss, argue, comment....

There are times in your day when you're commuting or at work when all you want to do is sit back and listen, hence why podcasts are so popular. There are also opportunities for listener interaction where they answer questions or discussion points that have been sent in.

I hadn't heard of a View from the East stand, I've subbed now thanks.

My main pod has been the Full 80. It's relaxed and funny, and the boys do a really good job of calling out their bias, and they have felt sorry for us fans for the last few years.
I also occasionally listen to the Fifth and last, I find the hosts, when they disagree, they sound a bit snippy and grumpy.

So definitely check out Full 80. I look forward to it every week.

Reactions: Inruin
There are times in your day when you're commuting or at work when all you want to do is sit back and listen, hence why podcasts are so popular. There are also opportunities for listener interaction where they answer questions or discussion points that have been sent in.
Podcasts are radio on demand. It's like listening tot he radio, but instead of hearing whats on, you can tailor your listening to your interests, and pause it as needed.

Podcasts is best casts.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I hadn't heard of a View from the East stand, I've subbed now thanks.

My main pod has been the Full 80. It's relaxed and funny, and the boys do a really good job of calling out their bias, and they have felt sorry for us fans for the last few years.
I also occasionally listen to the Fifth and last, I find the hosts, when they disagree, they sound a bit snippy and grumpy.

So definitely check out Full 80. I look forward to it every week.

Seems to be plenty out there these days, i'm partial to the back 3 nrl podcast, you won't learn a hell of a lot, as its recapping and previewing the games, but its entertaining. i enjoy listening to something like that more than watching the various tv shows, where whoever is on has some sort of axe to grind.

Reactions: Aman and Inruin
I don't know if you can get it in NZ but the triple M nrl podcasts are pretty good. It is just their Saturday and Sunday radio shows with all the ads and songs cut out. It's good if the warriors played on Friday or Sat for analysis of the game before waiting for radio sport 10:15 league talk.

#waterGirl

Most of the podcasts I watch are on YouTube. Have really got into podcasts the last year.

The ones I watch for MMA what they discuss between the difference between them and traditional media is that they have a more free flowing conversation whereas the traditional media would follow a structure for example staring with the bottom of the fight card moving up. The podcasts guys would start with the main event then go back and forth.

Quite keen to move topics to rugby league related podcasts.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Been listening to View From The East Stand for sometime and always love their views. Just like on here while you may not always agree with fellow posters you generally learn a thing or two. They're a great bunch of blokes as well and can be found in the members tents before most home games.

I'll see if they are keen to take questions from here...

https://www.facebook.com/View-From-The-East-Stand-Podcast-1594724054175369/

I listen to the market watch the nrl.com and the i bave seen it all podcasts will sub to these otherones love the league and nba podcasts

Reactions: Harlz
A good listen to, that’s not yet mentioned, is a YouTube channel called “The Niche Cache”.

He focuses on all the uce, dox and bros playing in the NRL, and especially the Aoteroa Warriors.

He sounds a bit fresh at first but his analysis of the game is actually really good, and reminds me of some of the good stuff i’d find in this forum.

Chur

Hey all, myself and three other Warriors fans started up a podcast a couple of years ago called View From the East Stand. It is all about the mighty Warriors, and we throw in some other NRL chat for good measure. We can be found on iTunes, Stitcher and on Buzzsprout. We record on a Thursday, and it's out there from Thursday night / Friday morning. And to the point above about social media and having banter, discussion etc., completely agree so we are also on facebook as View From the East Stand, and have some great discussions. We've even had fans call into a show! Anyway, have a listen and let us know what you think! In fact, we are recording tonight so we'll have a new episode out there very soon where we'll discuss last week's victory, preview the Chooks game, with a few other segments as well.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Hey all, myself and three other Warriors fans started up a podcast a couple of years ago called View From the East Stand. It is all about the mighty Warriors, and we throw in some other NRL chat for good measure. We can be found on iTunes, Stitcher and on Buzzsprout. We record on a Thursday, and it's out there from Thursday night / Friday morning. And to the point above about social media and having banter, discussion etc., completely agree so we are also on facebook as View From the East Stand, and have some great discussions. We've even had fans call into a show! Anyway, have a listen and let us know what you think! In fact, we are recording tonight so we'll have a new episode out there very soon where we'll discuss last week's victory, preview the Chooks game, with a few other segments as well.
Looking forward to it Moorsy Smithers...

Reactions: tajhay