General NZ Warriors Legends

How's it Warriors fans, please let me know if this thread has been done before so I can delete mine.

I've been seeing a lot of NRL team of the centuries and the likes of that on Facebook.

Obviously the Warriors aren't 100 years old yet but just want to see how everyone would line a team up from 1 to 13 using any player that has ever played for the Warriors since they entered the NRL in 1995.

I will do mine, but please note I only really started watching the Warriors from when I was about 10 years old which was 2004. And even then as a kid I wasn't knowledgeable enough to really understand who the real good players were. So my team may have a lot more recent players than some.

1. McKinnon
2. Meli
3. Toopi
4. Hurrell
5. Vatuvei
6. Johnson
7. Jones

8. Wiki
9. Hohaia
10. Price
11. Lauitiiti
12. Mannering
13. Campion

Reactions: 2 users
How's it Warriors fans, please let me know if this thread has been done before so I can delete mine.

I've been seeing a lot of NRL team of the centuries and the likes of that on Facebook.

Obviously the Warriors aren't 100 years old yet but just want to see how everyone would line a team up from 1 to 13 using any player that has ever played for the Warriors since they entered the NRL in 1995.

I will do mine, but please note I only really started watching the Warriors from when I was about 10 years old which was 2004. And even then as a kid I wasn't knowledgeable enough to really understand who the real good players were. So my team may have a lot more recent players than some.

1. McKinnon
2. Meli
3. Toopi
4. Hurrell
5. Vatuvei
6. Johnson
7. Jones

8. Wiki
9. Hohaia
10. Price
11. Lauitiiti
12. Mannering
13. Campion

Good team dude. I'd roll with the same team except play PJ Marsh at hooker but I was a big fan of Hohaia so he would most definitely be my 14

Reactions: 3 users

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor

1. McKinnon
2. Meli
3. Toopi
4. Hurrell
5. Vatuvei
6. Johnson
7. Jones

8. Wiki
9. Hohaia
10. Price
11. Lauitiiti
12. Mannering
13. Campion

Not a bad team there, these things are always hard but I would try and include some of the older players like Bell, Hoppe, Kearney J.Vagana , Blackmore,Ngamu etc just where to get them in is the tough one.
Otherwise with the team above would have had PJ Marsh as starting hooker with Hohaia as bench utility super sub

Reactions: 1 user
Not a bad team there, these things are always hard but I would try and include some of the older players like Bell, Hoppe, Kearney J.Vagana , Blackmore,Ngamu etc just where to get them in is the tough one.
Otherwise with the team above would have had PJ Marsh as starting hooker with Hohaia as bench utility super sub

Yeah I hear ya, I loved those older guys as I was growing up but I just don't know where I would fit them.

Bell was right at the end of his career with us and his impact from a playing perspective isnt at Toopi or Hurrell's level (although leadership is differently entirely), loved big Joe, he would come close to a bench prop for me (sort of between him, Seuseu, Lillyman, Villasanti I guess.

Hoppe again was probably closer to the end and can't in my eyes edge out Manu or prime Meli.

Ngamu no way. I know Shaun Johnson hasn't ever played 6 for us but he and Jones are our best ever halves and no brainers. Blackmore? Good player but I would rate Nigel Vagana and even Ropo (pre 2010 of course) ahead of him probably.

Kearney is a good one for sure even if he was better at the Storm but who out of the backrow do you remove? I can't move any of them so Kearney would probably be a bench man for me too. So I guess my full team would look something like this.

1. McKinnon
2. Meli
3. Hurrell
4. Toopi
5. Manu
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Stacey
8. Wiki (VC)
9. PJ
10. Price (C)
11. Ali
12. Mannering
13. C(h)ampion (VC)

14. Hobbit
15. Big Joe
16. Lillyman
17. Kearney

yeah.......thats me. Seuseu real unlucky. His prime was great. Toss of a coin between him and big Joe. Michael Luck too very unlucky.....I just feel Campions superior leadership skills (not to say Lucks didn't have any that's for sure) and his better running game (probably not by much) that he just bought a little more to the table.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd have to have luck ahead of campion- just because he played three times as many games for us.

Actually thinking about it now I'd prob slip mutts into the second row and play mannering at 13

Price
Pj
Vagana
Lautiti
Matulino
Mannering

Booyaa

Reactions: 1 user
Fullbacks:
I was thinking of having Brent Webb instead of Wade McKinnon, but I have more memories of McKinnon lurking around the forwards looking for the offload and beating the opposition Fullback in a one on one situation. Plus his try against Penrith where he beat a ridiculous amount of defenders is probably my 2nd most favourite try, behind the classic Michael Witt try against Melbourne.
I don't have any memories of Ivan Cleary other than my dad hating him! LOL
In my opinion Kevin Locke never exceeded any expectation and was actually quite disappointing considering his NYC form.
Sam Tomkins now has the chance to prove himself the best if he can get us a Premiership ring.

Fullbacks:
I was thinking of having Brent Webb instead of Wade McKinnon, but I have more memories of McKinnon lurking around the forwards looking for the offload and beating the opposition Fullback in a one on one situation. Plus his try against Penrith where he beat a ridiculous amount of defenders is probably my 2nd most favourite try, behind the classic Michael Witt try against Melbourne.
I don't have any memories of Ivan Cleary other than my dad hating him! LOL
In my opinion Kevin Locke never exceeded any expectation and was actually quite disappointing considering his NYC form.
Sam Tomkins now has the chance to prove himself the best if he can get us a Premiership ring.

Phil Blake deserves a mention IMO.

Reactions: 2 users