General NYC Warriors vs Eels *Spoilers*

2big2strong_old

20 min gone.

So far Likiliki and Locke have been the standouts. But as a whole the backline is really firing. Forwards look like powderpuffs. Taylor has had a few golden touches.

Viking_old

Eels are in.

Scored a very soft try. As big as the score is the Warriors look very messy, I've never seen such a badly structured defense line. Any better team and the boys would be under the pump, my expectations are probably too great though. I'm going off last years team after all.

Where did they concede the try? Johnson is awesome on attack but shocking on defence. Can't have it all I suppose. I'm guessing Jody's doing the last tackle kicking?

2big2strong_old

Eels got a cheap penalty. Ref ruled that Locke kicked the ball out on the full from the kickoff. Replay showed that it bounced in goal then went out.

Oh well.

2big2strong_old

Where did they concede the try? Johnson is awesome on attack but shocking on defence. Can't have it all I suppose. I'm guessing Jody's doing the last tackle kicking?

Actually Johnson has been the better out of the two on defense and attack. Locke and Johnson taking most of the last tackle options.

Not one player is really to blame for that eels try, the whole team were bunched up in a circle and there was 20metres of unmarked tryline to attack. Was too easy.

2big2strong_old

It's a mistakeathon too! haha. Oh well, first game of the season and the boys need to gel, will take a few weeks and this will happen every year given all the 20 year olds that have to leave every year.

Viking_old

Actually Johnson has been the better out of the two on defense and attack. Locke and Johnson taking most of the last tackle options.

Not one player is really to blame for that eels try, the whole team were bunched up in a circle and there was 20metres of unmarked tryline to attack. Was too easy.

That's good to here, defence and kicking options are the only parts of his game that needed work and it looks like the Warriors have addressed the defence at least. 5 - 10 metres from the line he's slippery as an Eel himself, scored a good one against the Vulcans diving in one handed like the touch video. Jody's got a great long passing game, hopefully he can get some ball out to the outside backs if the forwards aren't getting metres.

2big2strong_old

Mills on at fullback. Not sure where Locke is playing, he and Ah van seem to be sharing hooker.

Johnson made a good kick finding touch 1 metre out.

2big2strong_old

That's good to here, defence and kicking options are the only parts of his game that needed work and it looks like the Warriors have addressed the defence at least. 5 - 10 metres from the line he's slippery as an Eel himself, scored a good one against the Vulcans diving in one handed like the touch video. Jody's got a great long passing game, hopefully he can get some ball out to the outside backs if the forwards aren't getting metres.

Yeah, Johnson has fallen off a few tackles but he's not going to die wondering. He's trying to get into every tackle.

Henry needs to talk more, the forwards look confused and nobody's talking...

34 minutes gone and the penalty count is...

Eels 2
Warriors 8 (Elijah taylor has been spoken to twice ,if we keep it up expect a sin bin)

Viking_old

Eels leading in all stats on NRL.COM and have made 22 less tackles and 50 more metres with 6 offloads to 0. They're gonna pick our juniors off down the stretch if it continues like this.

Jody isn't an organiser really.

2big2strong_old

Shaun Johnson definitely has some defensive flaws but looks to be working on them by heavily getting involved. Looking very much like a Benji Clone in these opening exchanges..

I'd love to see him with a decent forward pack laying a solid platform for him to work with. Our forwards are getting dominated. BFN's!

2big2strong_old

Eels leading in all stats on NRL.COM and have made 22 less tackles and 50 more metres with 6 offloads to 0. They're gonna pick our juniors off down the stretch if it continues like this.

Jody isn't an organiser really.

Yep, Eels have looked the better side but our boys (mainly the players 1-6) have managed to pull a few decent plays out of their ass to keep us from getting a hiding.

At the end of the first half, I'd rate.......

Backs - 8
Forwards - 4

Attack - 7
Defense - 5 (if the eels had more attacking capability we would be getting smacked)

Viking_old

Shaun Johnson definitely has some defensive flaws but looks to be working on them by heavily getting involved. Looking very much like a Benji Clone in these opening exchanges..

I'd love to see him with a decent forward pack laying a solid platform for him to work with. Our forwards are getting dominated. BFN's!

Starting props have 38 metres and 3 hitups between them WTF! Eels aren't much better though.

U20s fortunes will rely heavily on how much Packer plays for them IMO. Most of those forwards hadn't played above u18s last year.

2big2strong_old

Starting props have 38 metres and 3 hitups between them WTF! Eels aren't much better though.

U20s fortunes will rely heavily on how much Packer plays for them IMO. Most of those forwards hadn't played above u18s last year.

Yep, agree completely. I think we were a bit spoilt last year having the forward pack we did.

KeepingTheFaith_old

No Packer, Ah Mau, Poching, O'Regan, Purcell, it's going to take a bit of time for these young guys to come in and get used to it on a weekly basis.

Our backline is doing most of the metre eating. Johnson is electric on attack, but I've been quite surprised with his well thought out kicking game. 3 excellent kicks. 1 to force a repeat set from inside our own 40, another going out a metre out from the Eels line and then the one to set up that last try. Freakish agility.