General NYC Warriors vs Eels *Spoilers*

2big2strong_old

The first toyota cup juniour warriors game of the season is about to get underway. check in here for live updates, I'll try to keep you updated with all scores and of course big hits. Feel free to update this thread if you're watching the game yourself because, with any luck, I'll be getting drunk halfway through the match.

2big2strong_old

Pretty ordinary first set, they look starstruck and were all flatfooted.

2big2strong_old

Luke Laban held up over the line.

next play Thomas Ah Van scores in the corner. Kick to come.

2big2strong_old

I know it's only the first game of the season but geez the quality of game has taken a dip without the likes of Ah Mau, Packer, Fai and Matulino.

Locke misses the conversion.

Warriors 10
Eels 0

Viking_old

Thanks bro, I couldn't get to the game and don't have SKY. Gotta do some work later too.

How are the forwards going, especially the Welly boys Laban and Duff?

2big2strong_old

Good pressure by the JW's Eels with a well placed kick. Eels caught in goal.

Viking_old

Eels looked like a small side on paper.

Watched them live against us early last year at Mt Smart and Tony Williams tore us a new one. Scored 2 or 3 tries and kicked all the goals from memory. Looks like he was the Eels trump card.

2big2strong_old

Thanks bro, I couldn't get to the game and don't have SKY. Gotta do some work later too.

How are the forwards going, especially the Welly boys Laban and Duff?

Duff's on the bench. Laban seems a bit too big and slow but I need more time to see him before I can judge. He got driven back with his first touch of the ball.

Tajhay_old

so we have scored 16 points...at over a point a minute?? please let this continue :)

2big2strong_old

Eels are in.

Scored a very soft try. As big as the score is the Warriors look very messy, I've never seen such a badly structured defense line. Any better team and the boys would be under the pump, my expectations are probably too great though. I'm going off last years team after all.