General NSW Cup Team of the Year

PB_old

Clicky

Congratulations to Pita Godinet from the Vulcans! A few other Vulcans received honourable mentions. Good to see the other Bromwich doing well also.

1. Michael Lett (Shellharbour Dragons)
2. Kevin Naiqama (Central Coast Centurions)
3. Tu'u Maori (Newtown Jets)
4. Jamie Simpson (North Sydney Bears) (VC)
5. Rhys Pritchard (Western Suburbs Magpies)
6. Gareth Widdop (Melbourne Storm)
7. Pita Godinet (Auckland Vulcans)
8. David Gower (Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers)
9. Anthony Mitchell (Wentworthville Magpies)
10. Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm)
11. Matthew Ryan (Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers)
12. Daniel Harrison (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
13. Jared Farlow (Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers) ©

14. Josh Reynolds (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
15. Daniel Rauicava (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
16. Tim Browne (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
17. Joel Edwards (Central Coast Centurions)
18th Man. Lancen Joudo (Cronulla Sharks)

Coach – Paul Fletcher

HALFBACK – Pita Godinet

Potentially the most contentious selection and also the selector’s most arduous one given the wealth of talent in this position. The competitions most prolific try scorer when you factor in a month or so missed due to a substantial injury. There is little doubt the Vulcans would probably be in the finals had Godinet not gotten injured and his blinding pace in and around the rucks makes him potentially the NSW Cup’s best kept secret. A star in the making and would already be a household name if he played for a Bulldogs or a Tigers. Has an uncanny resemblance on the park to Ben Barba and will most likely end up in the NRL like him too.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS – Craig Trindall, Blake Lazarus, Nathan Waters and Scott Porter

ToiletDuck_old

Uhh, who is this guy?

And why have we not explored him before, both on and off the field?

Spence_old

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V3kZbMLNt4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7PVWKZkjQE[/YOUTUBE]

I've only seen him play hooker, as Fien was in the Vulcans at the time. I think Magic Stick or Viking would have the best knowledge of him. He looked very good at hooker though, not as quick as Nafe, but made just as many breaks up the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kabba_old

Must be a good player to be relegating Josh Reynolds to a bench spot because Reynolds is a gun kid from what I've seen and heard of him.

WarriorDog_old

Is he a potential Warriors player or is he signed by the Vulcans but not the Warriors?

Spence_old

Is he a potential Warriors player or is he signed by the Vulcans but not the Warriors?

I don't think we'll see him in Warriors colours, I assume John and Johnson are above him in the pecking order. He's young as well though, 22-23 I think, so you never know.

Question - I assume QLD/NSW Cup are televised in Aussie, as I've seen youtube videos with commentary (maybe only QLD Cup though), do they televise Vulcans games as well, or does it cost too much to film it, etc. I'm sure I've seen highlights of their games on 40/20 though?

PB_old

Uhh, who is this guy?

And why have we not explored him before, both on and off the field?

I'd say they have, but there are a few options about, most with a different style. Probably a victim of the Toyota Cup happening a little too late, but still only turns 23 in December.

He's developing into a good player. I think someone will take a chance on him soon.

He played in the halves with Heremaia for the Vulcans preseason against the Warriors in 2008, and again this year for Vulcans vs the NYC team. Scored a couple of tries, as did Shaun Metcalf, who might even be able to travel to Aussie one day.

Kabba_old

I don't think we'll see him in Warriors colours, I assume John and Johnson are above him in the pecking order. He's young as well though, 22-23 I think, so you never know.

Question - I assume QLD/NSW Cup are televised in Aussie, as I've seen youtube videos with commentary (maybe only QLD Cup though), do they televise Vulcans games as well, or does it cost too much to film it, etc. I'm sure I've seen highlights of their games on 40/20 though?

NSW Cup isn't televised as far as I know, well not the regular season games, playoffs are on Fox though I believe. Whenever I'm at home in Brisbane they don't have it on Fox (regular season games). Bigpond does highlights though as I saw highlights of the Dogs v Melbourne game last week.

They do have Queensland Cup on fox though as I watched a game last time I was there (Uni holidays).

PB_old

I don't think it's live (NSW, anyway), but I go here and here.

Spence_old

NSW Cup isn't televised as far as I know, well not the regular season games, playoffs are on Fox though I believe. Whenever I'm at home in Brisbane they don't have it on Fox (regular season games). Bigpond does highlights though as I saw highlights of the Dogs v Melbourne game last week.

They do have Queensland Cup on fox though as I watched a game last time I was there (Uni holidays).

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. I know the Maori channel has Fox Memorial games televised, do they ever do Vulcans too?

2big2strong_old

Both QLD cup and NSW cup televise one game every saturday on ABC in that state. The replays are shown every Wednesday on FOX sports 2. I've seen about 3 Vulcans games this year on TV, the broadcasting and commentary quality is absolute rubbish, they film the game from nearly ground level on the sideline; the worst sports broadcast I have ever seen. QLD cup broadcasting is quite good, they go to the effort of erecting scaffolding quite high for the camera crew and you can clearly see every play unfold. NSW cup standard is poor as well, very jagged and unorganized.

PB_old

Both QLD cup and NSW cup televise one game every saturday on ABC in that state. The replays are shown every Wednesday on FOX sports 2. I've seen about 3 Vulcans games this year on TV, the broadcasting and commentary quality is absolute rubbish, they film the game from nearly ground level on the sideline; the worst sports broadcast I have ever seen. QLD cup broadcasting is quite good, they go to the effort of erecting scaffolding quite high for the camera crew and you can clearly see every play unfold. NSW cup standard is poor as well, very jagged and unorganized.

Great fun hearing everything the ref says though. Pant, pant pant... get back 12, 4th tackle. I said 4th!... pant, pant, pant...DOMINANT!

Magic Stick_old

Pita Godinet is very talented... I think if a NRL team gave him a crack and an offseason of there training. He would be one of those diamond in the rough signings

Godinet must get frustrated in the Vulcans. cause other than himself and the other Warrior squad members the others arent really up too it even in the weak NSW cup
,Im a fan of Johnny Aranga though,i think he is another that could make it

Godinet has is all over someone like Aaron Heremaia..Yet Heremaia is in 1st grade.Something i cant work out, Cause Heremaia wasnt the standout at Vulcans level that Godinet is

sebastian_old

I liked what I saw in the youtube highlights, thanks for that Spence. He has a mean pass on him, there were a few Todd Carney inside balls, some nice offloading skills too.