General NRL & Union Drugs Scandal 2015

K1W1 WARR1OR

K1W1 WARR1OR

These guys could end up going to jail for an activity that I don't think should be illegal...

But it is illegal and if it was a no name person that wasn't a cashed up sports star they would be off to jail so why should these guys be any different

Reactions: Rick O'Shay
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

How do you explain Saudi Arabia. They hack peoples heads of in the town square for taking drugs, but yet people still do em...

As for banning people from pumping toxic chemicals into their bodies, you have to start with alcohol. The greatest rock drummer who ever lived overdosed on booze... John bohnam.

And are you saying you don't have the right to do with your body as you want? Who exactly does your body belong too? Mine belongs to me FYI...
And if you pumping chemicals into your body endangers others, of impacts on others in any way whatsoever, then fucking oath you shouldn't have the right.

We don't live in a free world, and never can, because the actions of one impact the lives of others.

No, you don't have to start with alcohol. Yes it is damaging, and yes it has had massive effects on people lives, but it is the line that has been drawn. It will never be banned (regardless if it should or not).

And just because one famous person died, is not making any good point. Famous people have dies choking themselves while masturbating. It doesn't mean the government are going to ban masturbating, now does it? Your point is ridiculous, and made more so by trying to highlight one famous person. You don't have to reach anywhere near that far to find the damage of alcohol.

your first point about Saudi Arabia is as pointless as your Bali point. Just because the penalties haven't completely shut down the drug trade is NOT justification to legalise it. People will still do drugs no matter what the punishment, but more will think twice if the penalties are huge.

• Haha
Reactions: K1W1 WARR1OR
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

You can't have been looking during the 80s.

Or any of the 20th century to be fair.
The 80s was when coke and crack first became big. They died out to a point, but today, perhaps due to the selfish self-obsessed lives people are living now, they are back.

And yes, I was around in the 80s. Were you? And I don't want my kids around in an age where drugs like that are made attractive by the famous arseholes who are promoting them.

Last edited:
K1W1 WARR1OR

K1W1 WARR1OR

Wonder just how big this scandal is and damaging is it going to be for the nrl

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Just going to throw this out there....

In my opinion, alcohol is an infinitely more harmful drug than marijuana.

I could elaborate, but I'm sure that sentence alone is enough for people to leap to a conclusion.
I don't think anyone disagrees. But the line has been drawn, and one evil doesn't make the next OK.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

These guys could end up going to jail for an activity that I don't think should be illegal...

Selling coke to kids, yes lock em up with a big ugly gay rapist for 20 years...., but selling to consenting adults... no way is that a crime....
What about selling bullets to consenting murderers?

Your points are getting more and more ridiculous. Consenting don't mean shit. It doesn't stop others being hurt.

What about when the consenting adult goes on a violent rampage (perhaps caused by toxic ingredients put in by dodgey, cost-cutting manufacturers, or just from a bad hit) and hurt and kill others? What about the consenting adult who breaks in to a house to steal a TV to pay for his next hit and is spooked by a half asleep consenting adult who tries to protect his family in his own home, but ends up killed by the other consenting adult? How come a drug-addict consenting adult gets better rights than a law-abiding consenting adult in your world?

K1W1 WARR1OR

K1W1 WARR1OR

Big names and the GC... And also heard it will impact Origin players as well...

Bird, Myles, Taylor... All origin players from the GC..

Have also heard it could possibly involve a ex origin Queensland player this sorry seems to be turning into a very large snowball

Defence

Defence

Not the Darren Lockyer that was staying with Wendell sailor when he got done?
Couldn't be the same guy who was partying with johns in London when he got busted?
Shock horror......
Who would've thought:rolleyes:

What do u reckon nig? Electric chair? Firing squad?

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Not the Darren Lockyer that was staying with Wendell sailor when he got done?
Couldn't be the same guy who was partying with johns in London when he got busted?
Shock horror......
Who would've thought:rolleyes:

What do u reckon nig? Electric chair? Firing squad?
How about an electric firing chair?

Hey, I hope he gets done if he is involved. If he was involved in the past, but not now, then I hope his image as a role model to young athletes suffers. If he is implicated simply because of who he hung around with in the past, then I hope it isn't too bad on him. But when it comes to sports stars, and particularly past superstars, I think it is a good thing when their image is damaged by drug scandals, because we don't want our future thinking it is more than OK.

I don't like Lockyer. He has always bugged me, and it got worse after the World Cup defeat speech, but I don't want to see someone fall from grace until they are proven to be involved, and not just tried on-line.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

So they are waiting till after the North Qld v Titans trial on tonight to serve the other players involved.. How nice of them!

ajofbrisbane

ajofbrisbane

So they are waiting till after the North Qld v Titans trial on tonight to serve the other players involved.. How nice of them!
Yeah the talk is another high profile Titan player is also involved....time for the NRL to take their licence away and start again

Jordan G

The way things are going they'll be starting from scratch regardless of whether they stay or go.

NRL needs to get hold of the Titans, go in and sweep the broom through them.

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Contributor
As for banning people from pumping toxic chemicals into their bodies, you have to start with alcohol. The greatest rock drummer who ever lived overdosed on booze... John bohnam.

I think you mean Ginger Baker (as far as the greatest rock drummer; subjective though) but he's still alive. Agree with the alcohol thing though. You can advertise alcohol and the TAB on TV which seem to be ok in terms of the damage they both do but we banned cigarettes (which I agree do the same, if not more damage) Very hypocritical IMO

Reactions: jonno and Inruin
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Contributor
Just going to throw this out there....

In my opinion, alcohol is an infinitely more harmful drug than marijuana.

I could elaborate, but I'm sure that sentence alone is enough for people to leap to a conclusion.

...........and gambling

Reactions: Fazz and Defence