General NRL & Union Drugs Scandal 2015

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Yeah, cos the legal highs have worked extremely well sold over the counter...yeah right.

People who sell drugs are scum, no matter if they are doing it legally or not. They don't think twice about harming others, as long as they are making the dollars.

No drug should ever be legalised to regulate them!

So alcohol should be illegal then?

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

So alcohol should be illegal then?
Yeah, that's where it gets blurry.

But the idea of legalising drugs to protect people is bullshit in my mind. Prosecute the fuck out of anyone involved in it, and people will decide it just isn't worth it. It is time to stop protecting the criminals, and show them the full force of the law.

jonno

jonno

Yeah, cos the legal highs have worked extremely well sold over the counter...yeah right.

People who sell drugs are scum, no matter if they are doing it legally or not. They don't think twice about harming others, as long as they are making the dollars.

No drug should ever be legalised to regulate them!
Those legal highs are stupid. The government outlaws the drug of choice, and some clever dick changes the chemical composition just enough so that the current ban isn't leagelly enforceable. Then a year later the government catches up and the cycle begins again... Only thing is the legal highs are untested by the world so nobody knows their side effects like with the popular illegal drugs... So poeple who want to get high without breaking the law have to become gunie pigs and hope for the best.Great outcome alright..

Reactions: Stone and gREVUS
jonno

jonno

But the idea of legalising drugs to protect people is bullshit in my mind. Prosecute the fuck out of anyone involved in it, and people will decide it just isn't worth it. It is time to stop protecting the criminals, and show them the full force of the law.
They have the death penalty in barlie as we all know. They do exactly what you want, but yet drugs are cheap and easy to buy over there.. How is that possible?

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor

Prohibition created the modern gangs and were the forerunner to the drug cartels of today. The number one advocate against legalising drugs is them, the number 2 is the alcohol industry. Unfortunately the systems in place today reward people with lots of money by keeping them out of Jail, ala K.Hunt who i expect will get a massive fine and released all because they can buy the expensive lawyers who worked out long ago that law is not about justice but about money. Those with it dont go to jail. Coke aint cheap its not often smoked or snorted by people on the dole. It really is a rich mans disease. K.Hunt is a rich man (at least in comparison to me, but then most people are). Its the young guys, the nearly theres that will suffer from this - you wait and see.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

They have the death penalty in barlie as we all know. They do exactly what you want, but yet drugs are cheap and easy to buy over there.. How is that possible?
It doesn't help when Western countries like Australia pressure the countries with death penalties into letting their crooks off lightly.

What was the latest one? The Aussie PM tells Indonesia they have to let his guys off the death penalty because they gave them aid after the Boxing Day tsunami.

If countries like Aussie didn't defend these scumbag smugglers, then they would soon learn the consequences far outweight the benefits.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Prohibition created the modern gangs and were the forerunner to the drug cartels of today. The number one advocate against legalising drugs is them, the number 2 is the alcohol industry. Unfortunately the systems in place today reward people with lots of money by keeping them out of Jail, ala K.Hunt who i expect will get a massive fine and released all because they can buy the expensive lawyers who worked out long ago that law is not about justice but about money. Those with it dont go to jail. Coke aint cheap its not often smoked or snorted by people on the dole. It really is a rich mans disease. K.Hunt is a rich man (at least in comparison to me, but then most people are). Its the young guys, the nearly theres that will suffer from this - you wait and see.
To be quite frank, I don't give a toss who suffer from this. If you do drugs/sell drugs/endorse drugs; then you are putting my kids lives/futures/safety at risk, and I hate you. When I was growing up, drugs were nowhere near as in your face as they are now. Kids could have a childhood without exposure. Sure, I had a crack at dope when I was young, but I still hate all drugs, and want the consequences for being involved to be as harsh as possible. I want my kids safe. Its that simple.

Sure, alcohol is a "legal drug" and does massive damage, but it is here to stay, and is not ever likely to be banned, criminalised again. Yes it is hypocritical to endorse alcohol and hate drugs, but I do.

I don't give a shit if you are a rich man trying to get richer through selling drugs, or a crack whore trying to steal enough to get your next hit. I want the absolute maximum penalty for being caught.

The world seems to have accepted drugs again. It appears that crack and cocaine are becoming quite popular amongst today's egocentric and self-absorbed wealthy and famous.

Reactions: Akkerz and matiunz
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

That does not make it something we should look at regulating! Just because it is easier, or you can make some tax dollars from it, is not justification to allow people to pump toxic chemicals into their systems.

jonno

jonno

That does not make it something we should look at regulating! Just because it is easier, or you can make some tax dollars from it, is not justification to allow people to pump toxic chemicals into their systems.
How do you explain Saudi Arabia. They hack peoples heads of in the town square for taking drugs, but yet people still do em...

As for banning people from pumping toxic chemicals into their bodies, you have to start with alcohol. The greatest rock drummer who ever lived overdosed on booze... John bohnam.

And are you saying you don't have the right to do with your body as you want? Who exactly does your body belong too? Mine belongs to me FYI...

Reactions: Defence
jonno

jonno

The world seems to have accepted drugs again. It appears that crack and cocaine are becoming quite popular amongst today's egocentric and self-absorbed wealthy and famous.
You can't have been looking during the 80s.

Or any of the 20th century to be fair.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Can we have a politics and philosophy off-topic thread tajhay
I actually think that a discussion on drugs and law is very relevant to the thread. what did you expect a discussion on bible lessons?

Funny enough legalizing all drugs wouldn't have made much difference to the outcome here except that instead of the QLD police and CCC we would have been back with ASADA for athletes taking illegal substances yet again. As coke is banned as a performance enhancer.

K1W1 WARR1OR

K1W1 WARR1OR

These players did what they chose to do knowing that it is illegal they should face punishments the same as everyone else doesn't matter who you are how much money you have you do the crime you do the time

Reactions: ACT Warrior
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
These players did what they chose to do knowing that it is illegal they should face punishments the same as everyone else doesn't matter who you are how much money you have you do the crime you do the time
well my guess is that most of the players will use the same lawyer and they will have to face the music, but K.Hunt will go get the lawyer Gallen used and then find a way to blame someone else.

jonno

jonno

Just going to throw this out there....

In my opinion, alcohol is an infinitely more harmful drug than marijuana.

I could elaborate, but I'm sure that sentence alone is enough for people to leap to a conclusion.
Colorado hasn't burned in flames since they legalized weed... Instead there's a small drop in violent crime and an increase in tax revenues for the government...

Who would have predicted that? Oh wait...

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
I actually think that a discussion on drugs and law is very relevant to the thread. what did you expect a discussion on bible lessons?

Funny enough legalizing all drugs wouldn't have made much difference to the outcome here except that instead of the QLD police and CCC we would have been back with ASADA for athletes taking illegal substances yet again. As coke is banned as a performance enhancer.

Actually, I would expect to come to this thread to hear about the NRL drug scandal; who is implicated and how it affects the NRL.

All good though; I'm now off to the rumour mill thread to argue whether spreading rumours is a vicious form of bullying within our modern society or the toughening up of people's character that they need to cope in the brutal environment of 2015

K1W1 WARR1OR

K1W1 WARR1OR

well my guess is that most of the players will use the same lawyer and they will have to face the music, but K.Hunt will go get the lawyer Gallen used and then find a way to blame someone else.

I think it is crap and makes a joke of the system just like the Sharks asada investigation with the backdated bans if the nrl wants to show they mean business they need to start laying the law down and bannin players from the nrl then maybe the players will clean up their acts

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
The illegal state of Marijuana was caused by a racist senitor in the US who wanted to stop Mexicans relaxing after work by getting their buz on.
Prohibition was created when millitant women who were excluded from pubs and other such establishments decieded they wanted their men home straight after work, and stopping for a quick one before the pub shut was not on.
Who made Coke illegal?
Found this makes interesting watching -
https://www.upworthy.com/i-thought-we-banned-cocaine-for-health-reasons-nope-not-even-close

jonno

jonno

Actually, I would expect to come to this thread to hear about the NRL drug scandal; who is implicated and how it affects the NRL.

All good though; I'm now off to the rumour mill thread to argue whether spreading rumours is a vicious form of bullying within our modern society or the toughening up of people's character that they need to cope in the brutal environment of 2015
These guys could end up going to jail for an activity that I don't think should be illegal...

Selling coke to kids, yes lock em up with a big ugly gay rapist for 20 years...., but selling to consenting adults... no way is that a crime....

• Haha
Reactions: Stone and Kalcod