General NRL & Union Drugs Scandal 2015

Seems that under QLD law possession of any amount of coke can be considered for either personal use or for sale. Blokes probably had coke for personal use and got caught with it. If they were caught near a school it's a higher penalty.
Should be getting 2 year bans IMO.
Titans now have to find a new training facility as they were basing preseason at a school.
Can only assume 2 spots just opened on the Titans roster.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
1508172_877292662321372_8600983182553970445_n.jpg

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Better change the title of this thread to include AFL, will soon announce more Titans players (3 or more) and will include the Gold Coast Suns, Karmichaels time there the link.

Is linked to Jason Smith and Matt Seers arrests.

Last edited:
Things not looking good for the future of this club, they're just stumbling from one crisis to another.

GC will have a NRL presence on the coast but I'm not sure how much longer the Tits will be part of it

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
MORE than 10 footballers are embroiled in the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission probe that on Friday netted Reds star Karmichael Hunt and Titans duo Beau Falloon and Jamie Dowling.

In Queensland sport’s darkest day, the CCC yesterday dropped a bombshell, levelling charges against tri-code athlete Hunt, Falloon and Dowling for allegedly supplying cocaine.

The series of busts are part of a sweeping, six-month police sting that saw former Origin league stars Jason Smith and Matt Seers charged last month for cocaine trafficking.

Hunt, Falloon and Dowling were immediately stood down by their clubs. And well-placed sources told The Courier-Mail on Friday night more big names are under surveillance at three leading Queensland teams – NRL’s Titans, rugby’s Reds and AFL’s Suns.

It can be revealed drug investigators have personally contacted a fourth Queensland sporting star, while as many as seven Titans players are in the crosshairs of the probe.

HUNT ON COCAINE CHARGE

342572-65759e3c-b8c4-11e4-a005-b478f5906d65.jpg

Jamie Dowling scores for the Titans. Source: News Limited

More charges are expected to be laid on Saturday, following Saturday night’s trial between North Queensland and the Titans in Cairns.

The CCC will allege the players were supplying cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues between June and December last year.

The first ruction hit on Friday morning, when 28-year-old Hunt – the Reds’ marquee off-season recruit – was charged with four counts of supplying cocaine.

Queensland sport was then rocked by revelations Falloon, 27, and Dowling, 24, had also been served with notices to appear in court on four and two counts of supply respectively.

The trio will appear in Southport Magistrates Court on March 5 – the day of the NRL’s premiership opener between the Broncos and Souths at Suncorp Stadium.

Officials at the Gold Coast Suns said last night they had not been contacted by authorities. But the Titans are facing a nervous wait, with top-liners other than Falloon and Dowling also on the CCC’s drugs radar.

593412-4c048a26-b8c4-11e4-a005-b478f5906d65.jpg

Beau Falloon at training. Source: News Corp Australia

Shattered Titans boss Graham Annesley admitted on Friday night it was a “black day” for the club, with Dowling and Falloon failing to advise the club of their arrests.

“Unfortunately, I was placed in a situation where I learned about these matters through the media,” he said.

Asked if there would be more arrests, he said: “I simply don’t know. I didn’t know these matters were being made public today. We have to see what unfolds.

“We have spent the vast part of the day trying to get the veracity of what were rumours but are now facts.

“The playing group has been addressed this afternoon to advise them of what is going on.

“The fact it has taken us a long time today to verify these matters is very disappointing.

“There are a lot of very good people associated with this club. It is not fair to them that get dragged through these scandals.”

341189-4a9d285a-b8c4-11e4-a005-b478f5906d65.jpg

Titans hooker Beau Falloon. Source: News Corp Australia

The Titans have now been forced out of their Southport School training facility and are currently homeless.

The Titans decided it was in the school’s and their best interest to not train in the vicinity of children while two of their players are facing cocaine supply charges.

Titans chief executive Graham Annesley said the club had no contingency plans and would have to rush to find a new place to train.

The Titans had only been at the venue this pre-season after their lease ran out at the much-maligned Centre of Excellence.

342680-641636a0-b8c4-11e4-a005-b478f5906d65.jpg

Jamie Dowling at training. Source: News Limited

Criminal lawyer Chris Nyst confirmed he would be representing Falloon, saying: “We’re given to understand it relates to alleged relatively minor drug use unrelated to Mr Falloon’s football activities.”

Dowling also intends to contest the charges.

QRU CEO Jim Carmichael said: “It has been determined by QRU, ARU and the Rugby Union Players’ Association and after discussion with Karmichael that it would be best for his welfare that he is not available for selection this weekend.”

Meanwhile, former Brisbane CEO Bruno Cullen insists Hunt was not involved with drugs during his Broncos career.

Cullen was chief of the Broncos from 2003 until 2010, Hunt’s entire career at the club.

Cullen said there were no issues presented to him regarding Hunt that involved drugs.

“I’m totally shocked,” Cullen said.

“We had no indication of any of that activity when he was at the Broncos.

“Definitely not. There was no suggestion of anything to do with that (drugs).”

175848-83280c46-b8f4-11e4-a005-b478f5906d65.jpg

Karmichael Hunt arrives at his home yesterday after the cocaine claims exploded. Pic: Darren England

Give the Titans to PNG.

That may work, unless they test for buai. Khunt is a player I've always disliked for some reason, even before be was an Aussie. Oddly he's also the type of bloke that this whole story doesn't surprise me. You still working up in PNG?

They were just talking about this on the radio. The Ausy correspondent says up to 7 Gold Coat players implicated and not from the Suns (AFL), meaning from the Titans. He also says after the trial tonight the hammer is coming down on them (meaning this week I guess).

Man this could be massive, think of the guys who played alongside Hunt in the NRL, especially those on the Gold Coast. Theres a few guys who have represented Queensland and Brisbane in that team.

Did I also read somewhere that betting suspended on the first Titans NRL game in Aussie..

This will get very messy for a team already struggling!!! Not a chance in hell will DCE consider moving there anymore!!

I would say I wish we were playing round 1 or 2 while this mess is fresh but the last couple of times there has been a scandal (Storm salary cap) of some sort we've been lined up for a backlash.

The Titans have already moved training locations, now have to move again. A lot of disruption no place to train, players will slowly get removed from the squad as the investigation proceeds.

Remember the debates last year about our guys having kava sessions. Doesn't seem to bad now in comparison to what sessions the Titans players might of been having.

That picture of Hunt in his car looks uncomfortable. Ok I'm not a rich sports star who can afford a sports car but it looks awkward to get out.

I would say I wish we were playing round 1 or 2 while this mess is fresh but the last couple of times there has been a scandal (Storm salary cap) of some sort we've been lined up for a backlash.

The Titans have already moved training locations, now have to move again. A lot of disruption no place to train, players will slowly get removed from the squad as the investigation proceeds.

Remember the debates last year about our guys having kava sessions. Doesn't seem to bad now in comparison to what sessions the Titans players might of been having.

That picture of Hunt in his car looks uncomfortable. Ok I'm not a rich sports star who can afford a sports car but it looks awkward to get out.
I do not remember those. Kavas taste and texture is like dirt, and it gives about the same buzz as dirt would.

Reactions: Defence
These drug laws are ridiculous... Cocaine is cheaper and eaiser for children to buy than it would be if it was controlled more like alcohol... Why would anyone design a legal system where guys like hunt are the supplier of dangerous drugs like coke?

Surely its better being sold to losers by a licenced, regulated, highly visible business owner than pushing it into the shadows where fun loving criminals make up their own laws...

Reactions: Stone and gREVUS
They were just talking about this on the radio. The Ausy correspondent says up to 7 Gold Coat players implicated and not from the Suns (AFL), meaning from the Titans. He also says after the trial tonight the hammer is coming down on them (meaning this week I guess).

Man this could be massive, think of the guys who played alongside Hunt in the NRL, especially those on the Gold Coast. Theres a few guys who have represented Queensland and Brisbane in that team.

:D

Last edited:
These drug laws are ridiculous... Cocaine is cheaper and eaiser for children to buy than it would be if it was controlled more like alcohol... Why would anyone design a legal system where guys like hunt are the supplier of dangerous drugs like coke?

Surely its better being sold to losers by a licenced, regulated, highly visible business owner than pushing it into the shadows where fun loving criminals make up their own laws...
Yeah, cos the legal highs have worked extremely well sold over the counter...yeah right.

People who sell drugs are scum, no matter if they are doing it legally or not. They don't think twice about harming others, as long as they are making the dollars.

No drug should ever be legalised to regulate them!