General NRL & Union Drugs Scandal 2015

I have no source for this (in terms of link) but it was on the radio news this morning:

All five Titans players that have been stood down are intending to plead not guilty to all charges, and are expecting to play by round 2. Falloon and Dowling are expecting to be named in round 1, Faifai Loa, Bird and Taylor are expecting to be named for round 2.

Will post a link if I can find one.

Edit: and on the Queensland legends front - this link suggests there are two under investigation:

https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...secret-not-so-surprising-20150223-13mcvb.html

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Just from few people I know in Australia I'm hearing alot worse out of Sydney. Again this could all be rapid fan speculation but there is now talk that some sports players involved were offered free large amounts of drugs including cocaine from these drug syndicates in return for match fixing and providing them with confidential club information like team lists to aid them in their betting. If this is true and again I place huge emphasis on the word "if" as I don't usually believe stories such as this especially when they come from my mates, then it would put entire Australian sports world in dispute, much more than supposed ASADA allegations did a couple of years ago ...

If true, that will really really damage the NRL, but I think its pretty big leap from wealthy young idiots doing lines in their free time to undermining the integrity of the sport.
Talking about life bans and stripping awards/trophies if that happens. Whereas Danny Wicks is now back and playing after serving his sentence for supply.

As for former legends, they (he) will be tainted but the Johns brothers are as prominent as ever, so long as he avoids prison, the game loves a redemption story.

Yeah I heard Titans found perfect place to train yesterday, the best part about the place is that it's in Peru ... ;)

image.jpg

Best get used to hearing J J Cale over the speakers during Titans games, then.

To be honest, it might happen once then the NRL might give them a tap: Veddy funny. Best not happen again, hey? to the club in question.

And cue jokes about white lines and sniffing out the try line etc.

• Haha
Reactions: jonno
SMH reporting that the NRL is to take control of the Titans this afternoon. Its expected that majority shareholder Kelly will be pulling the plug and selling his share.
They now join the Dragons, Tigers and Knights as NRL supported clubs.
https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...-in-wake-of-drug-scandal-20150224-13n2mp.html
So a quarter of the comp is being looked after by the governing body and people talk about expansion.
Hope the titans can get their organisation sorted.

SMH reporting that the NRL is to take control of the Titans this afternoon. Its expected that majority shareholder Kelly will be pulling the plug and selling his share.
They now join the Dragons, Tigers and Knights as NRL supported clubs.
https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/gold-coast-titans/nrl-takes-control-of-gold-coast-titans-in-wake-of-drug-scandal-20150224-13n2mp.html
So a quarter of the comp is being looked after by the governing body and people talk about expansion.
Hope the titans can get their organisation sorted.

Gold Coast Titans in 2016 :

image.jpg

:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 person
This could be bad news for the Warriors hopes of signing Taumalolo. If the club continues next year and loses their big name players they will surely go on a huge recruitment drive this year.

This could be bad news for the Warriors hopes of signing Taumalolo. If the club continues next year and loses their big name players they will surely go on a huge recruitment drive this year.

To be honest NO PLAYER in their right mind would go anywhere near a GC team, whether it be the Titans or another franchise...look back at the history of sporting teams down there and none are successful or steeped in longevity...

Interesting to read in the SMH article that the NRL taking over the GC that they might rename the club. Smart move IMO

I agree. Fresh start - new brand, new identity. Clean out from top to bottom.

Could be exactly what the team needs.

Won't be the first time though...............

Gold Coast Tweed Giants
Gold Coast Seagulls
Gold Coast Gladiators
Gold Coast Chargers
Gold Coast Titans

Gold Coast Dealers

With amount of cocaine they must still be snorting, "Gold Coast Nostrildamus", Robbie Farrah to Co-Captain :

image.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Just forget the GC its never going to work.

Im sure the police have crossed there t's and dotted there i's before going all in. especially with the media craze this creates with sporting identities. Those players saying there going to sue the club etc what a bunch of muppets, You fucked up mate, these clowns all ready living the dream and got greedy,

accept the punishment like a man

This isn't some episode of 24, the police dont just track and monitor and surveillance large groups of people for fun, that shit is very expensive and requires a huge amount of pre evidence before the courts would issue the necessary warrants and permissions required.
The media are using words such as "Supply, Trafficking, Dealing, Cartel" i doubt they have such info on an ongoing investigation of this kind, which leads me to belive that this is just another distraction. They had better be very careful as this thing stinks of a massive over reaction to an unfounded story of a few blokes havng a snort or two at a party.
Are we really supposed to belive that Bird is part of a massive Cocaine distribution network that would warrant the police to phone tap for him several months.......
If I'm wrong then whatever happens happens... BUT my prediction is that this will drag out for months and nothing will come of it.
Except of course the Titans folding or relocating which was gonna happen anyway.. How can a club with no sponsor, poor membership, non existent merchandise sales, no training ground and a team full of crack dealers continue??
I'd wager a large bet on the Titan spoon but all the tipping sites have suspended all bets at present.
The word on One News last night was that most of them are up for supplying mates, or procuring for others, as opposed to direct dealing themselves. I assume that would mean buying it from your dealer for a mate, or sharing your stash with others. KHunt is facing 4 charges, where most are only looking at one or two. They specifically said that the investigation was never after them, but was looking for a kingpin, but the evidence was enough to charge these guys.

Would probably be worthy of a 4 year ban from the NRL just for the damage it has done the brand, but won't end in prison terms for anyone.

Just from few people I know in Australia I'm hearing alot worse out of Sydney. Again this could all be rapid fan speculation but there is now talk that some sports players involved were offered free large amounts of drugs including cocaine from these drug syndicates in return for match fixing and providing them with confidential club information like team lists to aid them in their betting. If this is true and again I place huge emphasis on the word "if" as I don't usually believe stories such as this especially when they come from my mates, then it would put entire Australian sports world in dispute, much more than supposed ASADA allegations did a couple of years ago ...
But hte players who were charged were done by the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission (or whatever its called). They won't have any jurisdiction in Sydney, other than being able to pass on information to the NSW Police Dept. I can't see anything coming out of Sydney from this investigation, other than a promise to investigate and have a clean-out of anyone doing similar in NSW.