Rumour NRL Rumoured Signings And Player Movement 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
How can the Broncos afford to add Barba....and strong word they are after Cameron Smith on 1mil + per year, also Karmichael Hunt to play in the halves,

Reactions: mt.wellington

Harlz

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 15, 2013
Hamilton
Barba hasnt gone up in value and is currently getting the same pay as he was at the doggs which is i think 300k a year? dont quote me on the amount but i know he aint makin it rain the millys

FrancisMelee

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 20, 2013
Tamaki
You know the saying though, Great players dont make great coaches. Sticky is proof enough of that...
Was Sticky that great of a player though? Or just lucky enough to always be in a great team? Raiders (proven since to be over the cap) NSW and Australia?.....Im not disagreeing that hes an average coach though lol[DOUBLEPOST=1379328703][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean, how good did Todd Lowrie look in the Storm ( a great team).........

Reactions: Sup42

FrancisMelee

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 20, 2013
Tamaki
Was Sticky that great of a player though? Or just lucky enough to always be in a great team? Raiders (proven since to be over the cap) NSW and Australia?.....Im not disagreeing that hes an average coach though lol[DOUBLEPOST=1379328703][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean, how good did Todd Lowrie look in the Storm ( a great team).........
Look I accept that I'm quite drunk here (for a Monday) but even he had Walters feeding him the ball, Daley outside him, and and Wiki, Meninga and Clyde running off him and Mullins roaming behind even one Grant Rovelli could have even looked all class..........[DOUBLEPOST=1379329409][/DOUBLEPOST]
Look I accept that I'm quite drunk here (for a Monday) but even he had Walters feeding him the ball, Daley outside him, and and Wiki, Meninga and Clyde running off him and Mullins roaming behind even one Grant Rovelli could have even looked all class..........
And on top of that made a winger in Michael Crockett score more tries than Chicka Ferguson !!!!!!! (Sean Hoppe Who????)

Reactions: Weno

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
yeah he was. 2 grand finals, state and country rep. he kept langer who was the best halfback of that era out of the ausy team for a while.

lowrie doesnt compare to stewart at all. he was a bench backrower at the storm. hes never been selected as a rep which is an indication of his standing.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I like the Question Mark over Stickies playing days.

But , to be fair your question could be applied in Isolation to any player in a great team and they could come up looking an average cog in a super team.

What I remember of Stickie is that he had a great passing game , Sound defensive game , Solid kicking game and was a super competitive player.

He would be the only half back in the Modern game to have asked so many questions of the Langer fanboi ( my favorite halfback ) selectors to force them to pick two half backs in a test match against GT Britain on tour.

He was a consistently very very good player.

Union made him a strategically more rounded spine player imo , and it's guys like him that make me smh that we don't rape NZ Rugby Union for some of their finest Halves / Stand offs , the only reason we don't could only be the League Cur Dog Fear of incurring the wrath of the great Satan.

Fkm I say , buy up those Unionists like some Fiji Coup

Last edited:

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Maitua Returns to the Bulldogs
Maitua will return to the Bulldogs, the Club where his NRL career begun 10 years ago, back in 2004. After making his debut in round one of that season, the back rower has gone on to make 161 appearances in the NRL (Bulldogs: 100, Sharks: 8 and Eels: 53)
>>LINK<<

Jordan G

Yes Stuart was that good of a player. Can't remember if it was 92 or 93 where Stuart got injured right before or during the first week of the finals and the Raiders fell apart. To me he was always one of the most influential players in that team of the late 80's/early 90's, probably second only to Brad Clyde.

Bluecat again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 30, 2012
Yeah I remember Stuart as a great player too and can remember when he and Langer played a half each in a test because they couldn't leave one of them out. Then didn't he get sick or something? Something serious I seem to recall. But as a coach he really has been living on his reputation more than successes

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Maitua Returns to the Bulldogs Maitua will return to the Bulldogs, the Club where his NRL career begun 10 years ago, back in 2004. After making his debut in round one of that season, the back rower has gone on to make 161 appearances in the NRL (Bulldogs: 100, Sharks: 8 and Eels: 53)
Will be interesting to see how he goes back at the Bulldogs and under Hasler. I know he has had an up and down career especially with the drug suspension but it would be good to see him play some of his best football again before he retires.

I think the Bulldogs have also signed one of the Stanley brothers (Chase?). Hopefully stops them circling Locke for a while; depending if they seem him or Morris as suitable cover for Barba at fullback.

Union made him a strategically more rounded spine player imo
He was pretty open that the main reason he played Union was to develop his passing; use to love Canberra and NSW use to play work to a side huge spiral pass from Stuart giving Daley space to pick up hard running second rowers or run and cause havoc. Before Johns he was probably the League player who most closely resembled an NFL quarter back.

He was one of my favourite players growing up; can't stand him now as a coach now though. His Roosters team was built by someone else, his Origin series was off the back of Johns producing some of his best football, he criticised Bennett after our Tri Series win so he could get the Aussie job then when he lost the World Cup all of the focus was on how they were duded by the refs now mention of the Kiwis actually playing well.

Imagine Stuart or Langer playing in this day and age; I wonder if any coach would be made enough to leave them on one side of the field for 80 minutes.

Reactions: Sup42

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
North Queensland winger Kalifa Faifai Loa walks out because: I'm just not a Cowboy

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...ust-not-a-cowboy/story-fniabn55-1226725446280

Wants to head overseas? I have always liked this guy.

WITH just a few simple words Kalifa Faifai Loa explains why he has walked out on the final year of his North Queensland contract.
"I'm just not a Cowboy," Faifai Loa said.
The talented and powerful 23-year-old winger requested a release from his contract earlier this month and is keen to head overseas where he could potentially make a code switch to rugby union.
The details of Faifai Loa's future remain private for now, but the fact is the two-time Kiwi Test winger has not been happy in Townsville for some time.
Recruited from St George Illawarra in 2011, Faifai Loa had developed quite a reputation for his theatrical and spectacular try-scoring feats on the Cowboys wing.
In his first season of 2011 he scored 14 tries in 22 games to win Test selection on Four Nations tour.
But it's been downhill ever since, with just six first grade appearances in 2012 and seven this year as Cowboys coach Neil Henry opted for Ashley Graham and Antonio Winterstein on the flanks.
This season Faifai Loa has also had the likes of rising young guns Wayne Ulugia and Kyle Feldt streak past him in the pecking order and he knew that leaving Townsville was his only option to continue his career at the highest level.
The truth is Faifai Loa had been asking for a release for the past two seasons, but it is only now the Cowboys have agreed to let him go.
"I got an early release, I still have one more year up in my contract but I've asked for an early release," he said.
"I've been asking for the last two years as well.
"I will see how it goes, I would prefer (to play) overseas. Rugby or league, it doesn't really matter.
"I haven't signed with anyone yet, I find out in the next two weeks.
"I like (Townsville), it's just been too long for me hey."
Before Faifai Loa packs his bags, he has some unfinished business with the Mackay Cutters, his Intrust Super Cup team who are set to play their first grand final against Easts Tigers on Sunday.
Playing in the centres, Faifai Loa has played a crucial role in the Cutters' surge to the finals and is confident his team can get revenge over the Tigers after Easts claimed a qualifying final win in the first week of the finals.
"We've had two wins in a row so that will be good for the final coming up," he said.
"Easts is a hard team and may the best team win.
"I'm really looking forward to next week down at Ipswich. It will be a tough game."

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Wellington
Keep Warriors player movement discussion in the correct thread, please

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Reactions: Harlz and tajhay

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Sharks Forced Relocation?
If Cronulla cops same fine as Essendon, club may be forced to relocate
Does last night's Essendon punishment mean the end of the Cronulla Sharks as we know them?
It's feared the financially strapped Sharks may be forced to move from Cronulla if they're hit withsimilar penalties Essendon has copped in the AFL supplements scandal. The Bombers have been slugged a two million dollar fine among other penalties.
The Daily Telegraph's Paul Kent has told Triple M's Grill Team if the Sharks are fined it would give the NRL bargaining power to move them elsewhere, especially with nine clubs seen as too many in Sydney.
"I think we would be looking at the Perth Sharks or the Central Coast Sharks," he told Triple M's Grill Team. "We wouldn't be looking at the Cronulla Sharks any longer.
"Even right now, as we speak, Cronulla are on the verge of insolvency. The NRL do not want them to die for a variety of reasons. But there's also a growing belief in the NRL that nine teams in Sydney is too many.
Given the Sharks' dependancy on funding from the NRL, a heavy fine would give the NRL a say on how the club is run.
"If they fine Cronulla two million dollars, essentially they're fining themselves because Cronulla's getting all their money from the NRL. But what [the NRL] would be able to say to Cronulla is, 'you now need this money to pay this fine… so we want a say in how the club is run'."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/s...with-opportunity-to-relocate-cronulla-sharks/

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Sharks Forced Relocation?
If Cronulla cops same fine as Essendon, club may be forced to relocate
Does last night's Essendon punishment mean the end of the Cronulla Sharks as we know them?
It's feared the financially strapped Sharks may be forced to move from Cronulla if they're hit withsimilar penalties Essendon has copped in the AFL supplements scandal. The Bombers have been slugged a two million dollar fine among other penalties.
The Daily Telegraph's Paul Kent has told Triple M's Grill Team if the Sharks are fined it would give the NRL bargaining power to move them elsewhere, especially with nine clubs seen as too many in Sydney.
"I think we would be looking at the Perth Sharks or the Central Coast Sharks," he told Triple M's Grill Team. "We wouldn't be looking at the Cronulla Sharks any longer.
"Even right now, as we speak, Cronulla are on the verge of insolvency. The NRL do not want them to die for a variety of reasons. But there's also a growing belief in the NRL that nine teams in Sydney is too many.
Given the Sharks' dependancy on funding from the NRL, a heavy fine would give the NRL a say on how the club is run.
"If they fine Cronulla two million dollars, essentially they're fining themselves because Cronulla's getting all their money from the NRL. But what [the NRL] would be able to say to Cronulla is, 'you now need this money to pay this fine… so we want a say in how the club is run'."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/s...with-opportunity-to-relocate-cronulla-sharks/

David Smith on NRL 360 denies this vigorously. of course his wording was very specific in that they had no plans to force a relocation. he said nothing about offering them a way out of debt if they happily relocate.

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
This obviously isn't an NRL deal but it seems like a pretty unique deal in Australasian sport at present. Buddy Franklin has signed (or is expected to sign) a 9 year, $10 million contract with the Sydney Swans. The money isn't overly insane, it's more the time period...crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings