Recruitment NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2023-2024

Noitall

Noitall

I really like Dylan Brown and would love him at our club, but at the same time it could be a silver lining if Moses signs with the Dogs as that means almost certainly Brown would stay at the Eels.

We have Volkman, Te Maire Martin and Metcalf from 2024 onwards who really could turn into a decent spine with Egan.
We can't keep chopping and changing halves every year which is what we'll be doing if Brown comes over.
I think we should be having a look at Karl Oloapu, the young guy who is unhappy at the broncos. Sounds like a star in the making and was to join their top 30 in 2024 only being 17 at the moment. A lot hinges on the development of Volkman at 7.

Toookey

Toookey

I'm not sure what you have seen in Brown that makes you think he's a long term halfback.
He has the running game and short kicking game of a great six, but long kicking game and game management leaves a lot to be desired. He struggled without Moses there to be the dominant half.

And this is why I'm in two minds about Brown. Really great half, but again if we don't have the game management half sorted, I think a lot of his game and what he can do will be redundant.

We're pinning a lot of hope on Volkman for 2024 onwards, I think someone like Te Maire Martin would be a better fit for Volkman and help take some of the playmaking off of him so there's less to do. I'm not sure Brown is great at doing that, as he seemed to struggle for Eels and Kiwis when Moses or Hughes wasn't there.

Would the million be better spent getting a prop like NAS and a decent centre? I think it might

Damo

Damo

Contributor
And this is why I'm in two minds about Brown. Really great half, but again if we don't have the game management half sorted, I think a lot of his game and what he can do will be redundant.

We're pinning a lot of hope on Volkman for 2024 onwards, I think someone like Te Maire Martin would be a better fit for Volkman and help take some of the playmaking off of him so there's less to do. I'm not sure Brown is great at doing that, as he seemed to struggle for Eels and Kiwis when Moses or Hughes wasn't there.

Would the million be better spent getting a prop like NAS and a decent centre? I think it might
Have to agree with you.

I know many people would be up in arms, but if Volkman is not ready in 2024 giving Shaun another year shouldn't be ruled out either. He still has a lot to offer when he is behind a decent pack.

Trugoy

Trugoy

Bizarre.
Marzhew is a gun a superstar.
Titans cap issues maybe.
To be fair Marzhew was still only fringe at the Titans.
He’s a seriously powerful runner and will bump the 1st tackler 99% of the time and eat the hard metres.
Exciting to watch but also mistake prone and his defensive reads can be diabolical.

The Titans aren’t short of quality outside backs but hooker was one of the major weakness for them last season so they’ve bought Verrills and are going all in on Erin at 13 next year (where he should be, to me he’s not a hooker) so it makes sense to get a genuine backup in Randall and not another fill in.
I reckon they’re making some good moves for improvement.

Guessing the Knights are looking at Marzhew as a replacement for big Edrick.

Toookey

Toookey

To be fair Marzhew was still only fringe at the Titans.
He’s a seriously powerful runner and will bump the 1st tackler 99% of the time and eat the hard metres.
Exciting to watch but also mistake prone and his defensive reads can be diabolical.

I think this will be something Titans look back on and regret.
Big strong guy, averaging 160m and 7.5 tackle busts a game. I don't watch heaps of Titan games but his missed tackle and error rates are similar to most other wingers. I'm sure if there's good defence systems in place he would go alright. Huge win for Knights imo, would have loved him and Dallin on our wings

Noitall

Noitall

Big strong guy, averaging 160m and 7.5 tackle busts a game. I don't watch heaps of Titan games but his missed tackle and error rates are similar to most other wingers. I'm sure if there's good defence systems in place he would go alright. Huge win for Knights imo, would have loved him and Dallin on our wings

Noitall

Noitall

They’ve got a prolific try scorer coming through in Khan Pereira but he’s got the same defensive frailties. That’s the exciting thing that if they replaced Marzhew with Khan Pereira, with the talent of player that was blocking Tuaupiki at fullback he could be a real bolter if he has a big pre season. They were both standouts for their cup team.

JaggedJ

Anyone know anything about this guy? Is he a big loss??

Honesty, who cares. It's the same thing every single time.

Every Kiwi that comes out of NZ is a boom future superstar that the Warriors let slip under the radar even though 90% of them never really amount to anything. The Mole in particular loves to throw that out there for clicks.