Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2021-2022

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Damn, he chose to move to a remote tribal Island instead of coaching the Warriors
you have to be offered the gig before you can turn it down. Also not sure but wouldnt the PG team be made up of players in Oz and train in Oz?

Reactions: 2 users
Noitall

Noitall

Sounds like the dolphins are leading the race for Euan Aitken, with the tigers also chasing him. Sounds like they’ve got Brenko Lee also, with him as depth at the broncos you’d imagine they want Arthars back next year.

Cces

Cces

Screenshot 20220514 105241 Twitter

Fonzie

Fonzie

I’m currently banned from the recruitment thread but just wanted to say that I’m confident that the Lodge release is not the result of a well thought out plan

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21 users

J_P

I’m currently banned from the recruitment thread but just wanted to say that I’m confident that the Lodge release is not the result of a well thought out plan
That makes 2 of us (or 3 of as i know there was at least 1 other poster banned).
This makes 0 sense to me especially 1 day before a game. You'd think they would get him to at least play this weekend.

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
So that only leaves Walsh to follow. and then the clean out is complete. The clean out being the bit where every good player signed on has now left again.
Welcome to the post covid "NZ" warriors.

Reactions: 8 users
AlexM

AlexM

Did he ask for the release or have we said " ok if your not going to resign and are just waiting for the dolphins to pick you up , get fucked"?
Either way sooooo strange

Fonzie

Fonzie

Did he ask for the release or have we said " ok if your not going to resign and are just waiting for the dolphins to pick you up , get fucked"?
Either way sooooo strange
Only the people in the room know for sure mate but I don’t think he asked for a release

Reactions: 3 users
AlexM

AlexM

Only the people in the room know for sure mate but I don’t think he asked for a release
So he probably did something to piss of someone/management.... then got shafted... then we signed Lui as a " like for like" replacement....?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
bangbros18

bangbros18

So he probably did something to piss of someone/management.... then got shafted... then we signed Lui as a " like for like" replacement....?
Iro probably said mate I'll give you a hundy if run 200 this weekend.

• Haha
AlexM

AlexM

I just don't get why you would boot the guy?
Aiken doesn't want to go to NZ but he is seeing out his contract.
Him being Involved with PoS makes me think there's more to this...

Fonzie

Fonzie

I just don't get why you would boot the guy?
Aiken doesn't want to go to NZ but he is seeing out his contract.
Him being Involved with PoS makes me think there's more to this...
I’d guess this was more about emotions than brains, because like you say it doesn’t make sense

Reactions: 5 users

J_P

Question for the more knowledgeable.
Say a player is on contract till let's say the end of this season like Brandon Smith/Matt Lodge. They end up signing a contract for next season but want an early release to go play for the other team now and current team says nope you're seeing out your contract. What's to stop the player from causing behind the scenes issues enough to get fired to then be able to immediately sign on to the other team? Or can the current team report the player to the NRL, fire him and effectively leave him with no job and income for the rest of the season if he was trying this on?

Edit: in this case obviously the player would be smart enough not to mention he wants to go play somewhere else but knows he won't get An early release.

Last edited:
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Question for the more knowledgeable.
Say a player is on contract till let's say the end of this season like Brandon Smith/Matt Lodge. They end up signing a contract for next season but want an early release to go play for the other team now and current team says nope you're seeing out your contract. What's to stop the player from causing behind the scenes issues enough to get fired to then be able to immediately sign on to the other team? Or can the current team report the player to the NRL, fire him and effectively leave him with no job and income for the rest of the season if he was trying this on?
Playing out your contract seems optional these days. No integrity.

defensivebomb

defensivebomb

I've seen a couple of posters on other sites say they think we have signed Jaemon Salmon. Which would fit the warriors recruitment criteria, being, a player that i have never heard of.

It sounds fishy. Does anyone know anything more?

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Noitall

Noitall

I've seen a couple of posters on other sites say they think we have signed Jaemon Salmon. Which would fit the warriors recruitment criteria, being, a player that i have never heard of.

He’s not a bad player if true. They are surprised on the panthers forum if he has been released as they have no idea either. Been used in Cleary’s 17 a few times this season with success and went to them from the eels.

Blindside

Salmon? Fishy? You think?

• Haha