Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2021-2022

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

What's the number of games have to do with anything? Speed is speed, someone said he has it - he doesn't.

Fusitua was miles ahead of where Kosi is. Injuries held him back, not talent - that was evident from the start.

Kosi will be a success if he eclipses Bill Tupou, let alone worrying about him getting near Fusitua.
Compare him to Ken then, they both looked like inept headless chickens when they were thrown into the NRL. I like Kosi's attitude, not ready to make the kid a meme until he gets a chance to show us what his ceiling looks like, too soon to tell imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

JaggedJ

Compare him to Ken then, they both looked like inept headless chickens when they were thrown into the NRL as 19 year olds. I like Kosi's attitude, not ready to make the kid a meme until he gets a chance to show us what his ceiling looks like, too soon to tell imo.

I hated Ken on the wing from day one so probably not a good comparison to make imo.

Reactions: 1 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

Kosi was amongst the league leaders in the NRL for allowing try causes after only playing 3 games. The other contenders had played 15 or 16. Although he looked decent in his last dig, in his first few outing he was spotting the opposition maybe 20 points per game all by himself.
Some hyperbole there but not much.

Cces

Cces

Pretty much the same was said of Fusitua after 4 games also, but after 20 the same people were hanging off his nuts!
Come on man be realistic. At the same stage in their career (5 games) Fusitu'a was still 3 years younger than Kosi, had played 2 years of Junior Kiwis (Kosi never got selected) & had gone close to being selected for Tonga before he'd even played 1st grade.
Kosi appears to have a great attitude but that's about the most promising element to his game. It'd be great to see him develop & for him to prove his doubters wrong but his ceiling appears very low

Reactions: 1 user
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Kosi was amongst the league leaders in the NRL for allowing try causes after only playing 3 games. The other contenders had played 15 or 16. Although he looked decent in his last dig, in his first few outing he was spotting the opposition maybe 20 points per game all by himself.
Some hyperbole there but not much.
He was obviously out of his depth, so was Berry in his first games. Not really an indication of potential though, especially with a madman like Brown playing them out of position on the wrong side of the line for no discernible reason.

Ok I'm grasping at straws to defend him now maybe. It was just good to see a Warriors player break down and show some bitterness and disappointment after a bad performance instead of taking the piss and throwing gang signs, that's why I'd like to persist with him and back him to improve. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one apparently.

I still don't see how we can write him off after coming straight out of NZ systems into a disrupted Q cup and nrl, not saying he's the next Manu but how the hell do we know what he can be at this stage. When he aims up in D he hits his target like Manu, that's another string to his bow I can see in him, just needs time to learn the game. I said the same about Berry after he started out like a disaster in the trials, still not completely sold on him either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Cces

Cces

Hopefully he has an injury free run in 2022 as he was posting good numbers on the few occassions he played in 2021
FB IMG 1640069831812

Reactions: 2 users
Five&Last

Five&Last

And what measurement is being used to consider him fast?
He is fast for his size? The bloke is 6’4 and 110kg. Find me more than a handful of players with those dimensions that are faster than him.

Reactions: 4 users

JaggedJ

He is fast for his size? The bloke is 6’4 and 110kg. Find me more than a handful of players with those dimensions that are faster than him.

I don't disagree but at the same time I don't really care about "for his size". Maumalo was fast "for his size".

That doesn't make either of them capable of footing it with the majority of NRL wingers.

Five&Last

Five&Last

I don't disagree but at the same time I don't really care about "for his size". Maumalo was fast "for his size".

That doesn't make either of them capable of footing it with the majority of NRL wingers.
I don’t actually think Maumalo is fast for his size though. Kosi is bigger than Maumalo (at least height wise) and is faster than him from what I’ve seen.

The “for his size” part is important because it highlights his potential. Like it or not, most recruiters in the NRL would be jumping at the chance to sign a wing that’s 6’4 and 110kg. We can’t write off every big winger just because of our previous shockers there

Reactions: 8 users
Noitall

Noitall

He was obviously out of his depth, so was Berry in his first games. Not really an indication of potential though, especially with a madman like Brown playing them out of position on the wrong side of the line for no discernible reason.

Ok I'm grasping at straws to defend him now maybe. It was just good to see a Warriors player break down and show some bitterness and disappointment after a bad performance instead of taking the piss and throwing gang signs, that's why I'd like to persist with him and back him to improve. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one apparently.

I still don't see how we can write him off after coming straight out of NZ systems into a disrupted Q cup and nrl, not saying he's the next Manu but how the hell do we know what he can be at this stage. When he aims up in D he hits his target like Manu, that's another string to his bow I can see in him, just needs time to learn the game. I said the same about Berry after he started out like a disaster in the trials, still not completely sold on him either.
Was forming a good centre/wing combination with Berry for Redcliffe last year too. They could cement their positions with a good pairing on an edge.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Noitall

Noitall

I always rated this guy but for some reason he never seemed to either kick on or get the chances.

For those that know, is it his size?
Think Jayden Campbell showed last year that size can still be exaggerated if the player has speed. Quite like the look of that Redcliffe fullback.

bangbros18

bangbros18

What's the number of games have to do with anything? Speed is speed, someone said he has it - he doesn't.

Fusitua was miles ahead of where Kosi is. Injuries held him back, not talent - that was evident from the start.

Kosi will be a success if he eclipses Bill Tupou, let alone worrying about him getting near Fusitua.
If Fusitua is the benchmark then he's in trouble, probably the warriors most overrated Winger.

Reactions: 1 user
Toookey

Toookey

If Fusitua is the benchmark then he's in trouble, probably the warriors most overrated Winger.
What are you on about bro, Daly M Winger of the year when he was going well (albeit with Shaun Johnson calling the shots). Yes he had a pea heart and injury prone, but when his head was right he was one of the best finishers in the game with good size to make big inroads up the middle with a lot of tough carries

Reactions: 5 users
Five&Last

Five&Last

I think it’s that guys like Berry and Vailea have higher pedigree. Many have predicted them to become professional athletes since they were 15 or 16. They have expectations. That’s what 1st XV rugby exposure will get you.

Whereas Kosi has come from no where. So he is very much an unknown. I do like his potential on paper and flashes of what he could be in his Redcliffe highlights.

Swanley

Swanley

Seriously though and I don’t know if you guys are jesting but there is a lot to like about Kosi. He is raw but skilled, big and fast and looks like he wanted to be there.
And it's not his fault he's getting a game, it's not like he's the coaches son.....people need to give him a break, I'm sure he's trying his best.

Reactions: 5 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Kosi was thrown in the deep end and initially struggled. However he kept trying and hated making mistakes. I think he has the goods, his point of difference from Fusitua and Ken is he is faster and can get back on D. For me he tries too hard and ties himself up.

Reactions: 9 users