Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Rumors the Broncos are willing to pay up to $600,000 to get Milford’s million dollar contract off their books for next year.
Horribly out of form but is experienced and does come with a dangerous kicking game...
A change of scenery might do him some good?
Also the bulldogs offering foran $300,000 plus another $100,000 if he plays a certain amount of games. He wants a guaranteed $400,000.
I know these guys aren’t ideal but there’s not much around and if u can get one of them for $400,000- $500,000 it’s not a huge risk.
no,no,no,no, nooooo

Defence

Defence

Foran will just get injured, worth $0 on the sidelines. If you could somehow player swap Nikorima for a half price Milford you'd basically get him for free - not sure those 2 would suit playing together again, but could be good for Milford to rebuild his value away over here

Can’t disagree but we’re gonna have to take a punt on someone to fill the 7 next year and pickings are slim.
I was thinking more swapping green for Milford with immediate effect.
We offer him 1.5M for two years with brisbane tipping in $500,000.
Essentially costing us $500,000 a year so still some change left over from green.
Just throwing some ideas around here...

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Can’t disagree but we’re gonna have to take a punt on someone to fill the 7 next year and pickings are slim.
Essentially costing us $500,000 a year so still some change left over from green.
Lol still hell no. Either bring in another Chad/Jimmy/Green type to partner with Chanel Harris-Tavita, or flick him and Niko and bring in two rookies..

Too much money for that (lack of) output

Defence

Defence

Lol still hell no. Either bring in another Chad/Jimmy/Green type to partner with Chanel Harris-Tavita, or flick him and Niko and bring in two rookies..

Too much money for that (lack of) output

U can’t just “flick” niko and Chanel Harris-Tavita- u would have to pay them out which is the last thing we need.
If u know of a rookie 7 who could come in and dominate I’d love to know who it is?
But remember for every chad (who struggled here anyway) there’s 2 Harry sjiekas.
I like cust but even hes gonna cost half a mil, is more of a 5/8 and has only played a handful of games.
It’s a tricky one.

Defence

Defence

Milford would have been great 3/4 years ago but not now .Damaged goods now

Yes but 3 years ago he would’ve cost us well over a million dollars a season.
Now we could possibly have two experienced halves costing less than a million combined- leaves u a lot of money to spend elsewhere...

Reactions: fizurg
john nick

john nick

Yes but 3 years ago he would’ve cost us well over a million dollars a season.
Now we could possibly have two experienced halves costing less than a million combined- leaves u a lot of money to spend elsewhere...
Yeah & still shit.Makes no sense regardless of money

Noitall

Noitall

Chanel Harris-Tavita and Mllford partnered each other in the halves for Samoa against the Kumuls last year. Played quite well together.

Vancent

Vancent

Contributor
All things considered, would be a smart option given the limited alternative options (not) available to us.

It’s a gamble to some degree but I think there are worst ways to spend $500k - and I wouldn’t rule out a club change giving him a lift for a couple of years - then he’d be someone else’s challenge.

Yes to that proposal I say.

6Again

Isn’t the MILF more of a 6 than 7?? not the worst kicking game but if it were he and Chanel Harris-Tavita in the halves we‘d all be hearings crickets out there on the pitch.

Don‘t object to the idea, he’s a better player than he’s shown in recent seasons but the team really needs someone to direct players around the park because few of them really seem to understand their role.

Defence

Defence

Isn’t the MILF more of a 6 than 7?? not the worst kicking game but if it were he and Chanel Harris-Tavita in the halves we‘d all be hearings crickets out there on the pitch.

Don‘t object to the idea, he’s a better player than he’s shown in recent seasons but the team really needs someone to direct players around the park because few of them really seem to understand their role.

Totally agree but who is this mysterious game manager? They’re as rare as hens teeth- the only one on the market is foz but then u have the whole injury thing.
Much like the coaching situation we’re not gonna get one who ticks all the boxes- gonna have to think outside the square.

6Again

Totally agree but who is this mysterious game manager? They’re as rare as hens teeth- the only one on the market is foz but then u have the whole injury thing.
Much like the coaching situation we’re not gonna get one who ticks all the boxes- gonna have to think outside the square.

‘Yeah it’s tough, what about Jackson Hastings, what’s he doing - kids got a mouth on him.

Reactions: Defence
Status
Not open for further replies.