Rumour NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2019/2020

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
He is like Iro jumps around from role to role and
cannot even secure a club in UK either in ESL or Champship One.
He coached Hull KR for 7 years, and has a respectful (compare that to all the coaches in our history) 56% win rate.

He has also been in the running for the head coach at the Warriors before. Additionally, he was the stand in coach when the Warriors NRLW team upset the Brisbane team, who eventually went on to win their 4 team comp(lol).

TBH, im meh, and to me its screaming like another costing cutting option if Kearney fails. Im OK with Kearney, if he learns basic shit like:
- stop giving his favs a mortgage on their jumpers. stop treating your 'highly prized recruits' as untouchables. yes you recruited washed up people, but dont base your team on how much they are being paid.
- start adapting and evolving. All his 'insight' revelations on what went wrong seems to be AFTER the season has finished. Your own players said your team was not training hard enough and taking it seriously.' Its your job to fucking make them train to be rewarded with a jersey in first grade.
- sick of hearing "we were 2 losses away' 'We played good 5 weeks ago so hence why this is the same team'. Own your mistakes. Only way you can learn rather than be in a defensive bubble. Everyone makes mistakes, but the people who realise it are the only ones who move forward.
- fucking learn how to use the interchange. I dont mind a horses for courses type selection either but fucking delete that copy and paste function from your memory, because you keep doing the same shit over and over again with the same result.
- get the team to start playing attractive football. everyone can see it. we are not the storm. we do not have strike power, but it seems that other teams with similar rosters actually try to win. we play not to lose and that is such a loser mentality.
- dont talk. it just fucken grates on me when you talk like you dont have a clue. stop talking in cliches. we arent stupid. we have heard that shit already. stop with your 'game model' line as if you are inventing something new. you arent.
- get some pride in our jersey. right now its a joke because people who are underserving get it, and people who get a chance get 5-10 mins a game and then get sent back to reserve grade.
- above all, make everyone including yourself accountable!

I dont want anyone to NOT succeed. But the people who succeed are the ones who move forward. he is the exact same coach that he was at Parramatta. We are already looked down upon as the plague of the NRL and cant afford to sack another coach. I just wish someone can invent a time machine and we go back to 1994 and start this club over again. But my worry is we will make the same mistakes over again as its evident this club doesnt ever learn anything.

EVERYONE makes mistakes. Its how you move forward that defines you. Please for sucks sake Stephen start moving forward and open your eyes and ears!

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
- sick of hearing "we were 2 losses away' 'We played good 5 weeks ago so hence why this is the same team'.
That is loser shite. Winners win, losers make excuses

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
KEARNEY FEELING THE PINCH

Still on the Warriors, and former Eels, Raiders and Warriors forward Justin Morgan is set to put the pressure on Stephen Kearney next season.
Morgan has been appointed as the club's NSW Cup coach and sources across the ditch tell me there will be a push to install his as NRL coach mid-season if the Warriors again start the year poorly. A former Warriors assistant coach, Morgan is highly regarded in league circles and most recently coached the Kiwi Ferns women's team.

Well someone gave Latrell some good advise. Pump your tyres up to a mill and they'll all come running, problem is they're all running the other way.
The 800K the Roosters offered looks pretty good now, somehow I don't think that offer will still be on the table :oops:

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Well someone gave Latrell some good advise. Pump your tyres up to a mill and they'll all come running, problem is they're all running the other way.
The 800K the Roosters offered looks pretty good now, somehow I don't think that offer will still be on the table :oops:
I think quite a lot of prices dropped on Saturday.

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Latrell is basically the centre version of SJ. Can do some freakish things, then you don't notice him for 4 weeks. His seemingly entitled attitude (including taking time off the middle of this season without telling the coach) is a big black mark. I don't think any outside back is worth $1 million, I'd take the $800k and run if I was him.. Bulldogs would silly to throw a marque spot at him. Wouldn't be a guy to build a team around right now.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Latrell is basically the centre version of SJ. Can do some freakish things, then you don't notice him for 4 weeks. His seemingly entitled attitude (including taking time off the middle of this season without telling the coach) is a big black mark. I don't think any outside back is worth $1 million, I'd take the $800k and run if I was him.. Bulldogs would silly to throw a marque spot at him. Wouldn't be a guy to build a team around right now.
reckon Curtis Scott would be worth a crack if he could get his shit together with his personal life.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Breaking new Roosters have withdrawn there offer to Latrell. They've obviously given him a deadline and he's fucked them around
(Source Fox league)

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Reaction score
Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Reaction score
Anyone finding the Latrell drama at Roosters similar to the SJ at Warriors.

- both hot and cold, but when hot they are awesome
- genuine gamebreakers and matchwinners
- both wanted more $$$ and longer term security

Now let's look at how each club handled it.
- SJ wants release from final year and gets it on spot.
- Roosters withdraw final offer and make it known he can be released from his final year if a club pays something for his final year.

Exact same thing Tigers are doing with Matterson too.

Reaction score

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Anyone finding the Latrell drama at Roosters similar to the SJ at Warriors.

- both hot and cold, but when hot they are awesome
- genuine gamebreakers and matchwinners
- both wanted more $$$ and longer term security

Now let's look at how each club handled it.
- SJ wants release from final year and gets it on spot.
- Roosters withdraw final offer and make it known he can be released from his final year if a club pays something for his final year.

Exact same thing Tigers are doing with Matterson too.
You're not wrong. All three seem to be lip droppers. Anthony Mundine in the background aswell.
Being reported he wants to join the Cowboys. They will have some strike in the centres if they get him with Esan Marsters just joining them.
Aparantly wants to play fullback though so will be chasing a fullbacks wage.

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
According to George at the time SJ wasn't going to be putting in if he didn't get a release. Whichever way that actually went it would have been interesting if a bit of time went down and some perspective set in.

However, we have also heard insinuations that he needed to move on because we were in trouble with the cap. Who knows; we don't hear shit from this club anymore.

It is a pretty dire situation when the club closes off from fans, and even more so when they do say something and it's 99% bullshit anyway.

Anyway, it is hard to judge based on comparisons with the Rorters, whatever way they play it they are always likely to come out ahead due to the advantages they have. Latrell has more time and less injuries on his side too. Matterson at the Tigers will be a more interesting comparison.

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
You're not wrong. All three seem to be lip droppers. Anthony Mundine in the background aswell.
Being reported he wants to join the Cowboys. They will have some strike in the centres if they get him with Esan Marsters just joining them.
I suspect Mundine is cleverer than people give him credit for. He has done well out of 'the big show.' I just think he was ahead of the game, pre-dating the social media age and seems very shrewd. Give people the enemy they want and draw in the plebs.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Is this the same Anthony Mundine who went for the hero play in the 1999 GF. Well, Anthony always looking to look after his bros. Notice he didn't have the same sage advise for Ryan Matterson

Reaction score

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Looks like kayal iro has signed with Newcastle. He looked the goods. Any more info on this guy? Tony’s kid isn’t he?

Top Bottom