Hands up if you are a shit coach
- Mar 30, 2012
- Reaction score
He coached Hull KR for 7 years, and has a respectful (compare that to all the coaches in our history) 56% win rate.He is like Iro jumps around from role to role and
cannot even secure a club in UK either in ESL or Champship One.
He has also been in the running for the head coach at the Warriors before. Additionally, he was the stand in coach when the Warriors NRLW team upset the Brisbane team, who eventually went on to win their 4 team comp(lol).
TBH, im meh, and to me its screaming like another costing cutting option if Kearney fails. Im OK with Kearney, if he learns basic shit like:
- stop giving his favs a mortgage on their jumpers. stop treating your 'highly prized recruits' as untouchables. yes you recruited washed up people, but dont base your team on how much they are being paid.
- start adapting and evolving. All his 'insight' revelations on what went wrong seems to be AFTER the season has finished. Your own players said your team was not training hard enough and taking it seriously.' Its your job to fucking make them train to be rewarded with a jersey in first grade.
- sick of hearing "we were 2 losses away' 'We played good 5 weeks ago so hence why this is the same team'. Own your mistakes. Only way you can learn rather than be in a defensive bubble. Everyone makes mistakes, but the people who realise it are the only ones who move forward.
- fucking learn how to use the interchange. I dont mind a horses for courses type selection either but fucking delete that copy and paste function from your memory, because you keep doing the same shit over and over again with the same result.
- get the team to start playing attractive football. everyone can see it. we are not the storm. we do not have strike power, but it seems that other teams with similar rosters actually try to win. we play not to lose and that is such a loser mentality.
- dont talk. it just fucken grates on me when you talk like you dont have a clue. stop talking in cliches. we arent stupid. we have heard that shit already. stop with your 'game model' line as if you are inventing something new. you arent.
- get some pride in our jersey. right now its a joke because people who are underserving get it, and people who get a chance get 5-10 mins a game and then get sent back to reserve grade.
- above all, make everyone including yourself accountable!
I dont want anyone to NOT succeed. But the people who succeed are the ones who move forward. he is the exact same coach that he was at Parramatta. We are already looked down upon as the plague of the NRL and cant afford to sack another coach. I just wish someone can invent a time machine and we go back to 1994 and start this club over again. But my worry is we will make the same mistakes over again as its evident this club doesnt ever learn anything.
EVERYONE makes mistakes. Its how you move forward that defines you. Please for sucks sake Stephen start moving forward and open your eyes and ears!