Recruitment NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the sounds of these updates and rumours New Castle on paper will be a top 8 team which, ceteres perebus, would push us out unless we improve through some combination of acquistions/players developing.

I think it's a little too early to be jumping to any conclusions like that bro

we've got an entire off-season before we can even start predicting how different teams'll go

no doubt that our guys definitely need to be better though, still a ways off being a premiership contending side

hopefully our improvement this year will allow us to snare a few more good recruits for solid prices

What is the Lurkers strike rate? Just asking like. Having said that I have wondered why Lino hasn't had more interest. The guy is a genuine first grade player. I wonder if the Warriors would let the Knights have Shaun Johnson instead and spend that spare million on some other talent.

Yes this is the same guy that had “breaking news” a couple of weeks ago stating that Cappy was leaving the Warriors and tried to relate it to recent events

also does anyone know who was acknowledged as a departing player at the awards night? I know there's Simon and Gelling. Quite a few other players are off contract so im wondering how many have already been told that they wont be staying on this year. I'm counting four or five spots that need to be filled in our top 30 for next season (Luke's and Tevaga's included)

There may be a couple of low key signings like their usually is but for the most part those last few spots are filled by juniors getting upgraded.

The Knight's don't have a set 6 next year. Connor Watson hasn't won the spot and rumours are he'll be a hooker next season, so the door is open. He should do it, time for the warriors to give a youngster like CTH or perham a shot as back up/succession plan.

Yeah might aswell get CTH ready now, only one year before Shaun Johnson is off contract and he is looking elsewhere

i can hear all the gasps from here hahahaha

bruce

Contributor
He's already under contract for 2019 so currently would already count. If he's negotiating with the Knights it's because he has permission to.
That means either they are:
(1) prepared to let him go
or
(2) want to find out how much they have to pay to keep him

Personally I would rather they let Shaun Johnson go to empty the Knights bank account. Careful Bruce...incoming.

They probably need to be aggressive after losing Thurston. They could slip down the table to where they were in their early years. Mind you they were down there this year as well.

The players they are after will be hard to get away from their current clubs. Milford the Broncos are one of the glamour clubs. Munster the Storm have been the team to beat the last 10 years and he will be the man they want to build around when Bellamy and Smith depart, mind you similar to Thurston and the Cowboys he could see a lean period arriving. They have also been after Val Holmes again its go back to Queensland or stay with a club going well.

They probably are cashed up. Also going to answer the question if Townsville is a desirable location in terms of recruitment.

Reactions: bruce

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
They probably are cashed up. Also going to answer the question if Townsville is a desirable location in terms of recruitment.

IMO, there is a simple solution to help clubs that arent in Sydney get better players and be more desirable. They should have the players salaries and therefor the salary cap increase by a set percentage depending on the distance from Sydney. This would mean that the cowboys and the warriors might get a 8 -10 % increase, the storm and Brisbane a 3-5 %, the knights and Canberra a 1-2 %. Then if they ever expand they could look at reducing amounts only if they reduce the number of teams in Sydney.

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
Yeah might aswell get CTH ready now, only one year before Shaun Johnson is off contract and he is looking elsewhere

i can hear all the gasps from here hahahaha
I would guess maybe he signed the 2 year to see if the club was heading in the right direction, which it appears to be. So maybe he will stay, especially since engaged to silver fern lady.

Imagine the uproar from the Warriors faithful if he went to Bondi to replace Cronk for 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.