Recruitment NRL Rumoured Player Movements, Re-signings and Rumour Mill 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on lino. But whats the difference between being a back up to Pierce as opposed to Greeny? Surely it serves him better to stay at home and have Kearney who absolutely loves him here
the knights seem able to buy everyone, so my guess is the money on offer is far greater than his pitance here. Didnt we take him back when a contract elsewhere fell over? So im guessing hes on a tiny deal here.

WarriorBall

Good on lino. But whats the difference between being a back up to Pierce as opposed to Greeny? Surely it serves him better to stay at home and have Kearney who absolutely loves him here

He may feel he has an equal shot against Cogger as well or whoever else Nathan Brown throws in at five eight which has been a revolving door all season but if Ponga decides to play in the halves next season which is a distinct possibility he'll only be better off financially which I suppose is reward in itself for some good performances this season, yep good luck to him, seems like a genuinely good kid.

What's Hingano up to these days ... lol

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Shaun Fensom used to be solid for the raiders got injured for the cowboys and now released along Lachlan Coote

Both reasonable players

Fensom has been a big favourite of mine (I dunno what it is about me and no-frills workhorses).

The game seems to have moved on a bit from the Luck/Fensom/Mannering type players though. Teams seem to need a lot more punch and ball-playing out of their second rowers now.

Plus his body sure likes to self-destruct - I'm actually surprised he hasn't retired.

The Knight's don't have a set 6 next year. Connor Watson hasn't won the spot and rumours are he'll be a hooker next season, so the door is open. He should do it, time for the warriors to give a youngster like CTH or perham a shot as back up/succession plan.

Reactions: Rizzah
The market should heat up a bit now that sides have finished their season and doing their reviews on where things went wrong.

I get the impression we don't have the cap space to take advantage of it. Hopefully I am wrong and we can pick up another player or two.

Peachy wanting out of the Titans deal came up a few weeks ago. Picked up again. It does show even with a 10 day cooling off period guys will still want to change their mind. The danger of signing guys so far out. Also saw similar things with Crighton wanting to stay with Souths instead of moving to the Roosters. Peachy leaving could be related to the previous coach but needed a way to riggle out of it, cue the wife needing family around.

Maloney has the Titans sniffing around. He left us due to family being close but most likely due to money, left the Roosters for the Sharks for a good offer, left the Sharks for more money. The Panthers must be thinking it's too much money. Gould has gone nuts on the recruitment front since he started there they were bound to get cap issues at some point with all their juniors coming through.

Reactions: Centurion
According to NRL TONIGHT on Fox, Ben Barba will be at the Cowboys next year.
He is in form again after finding his feet in Pom land, probably will prove a nice point of difference to the Cows predictable 2nd man play forward dominated style.

Reactions: Trugoy

wrighty

By the sounds of these updates and rumours New Castle on paper will be a top 8 team which, ceteres perebus, would push us out unless we improve through some combination of acquistions/players developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.