Rumour NRL Rumoured Player movements, Re-signings and Rumour mill 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
Im probably gonna regret saying this but I'm quite happy with our options at center.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how hurrell, kata and Ashford go this year. Fusitua could be dark hoarse and tui is going to be an option as well.

Yep me too. Just seeing pics of Hurrell pre season, I think this year he has his shit together. Team him up with the others, all 100% ready to go, and LOOK OUT.

As stupid as Hurrell has shown he can be, I think the guy will mature beyond all expectations this season. I remember the very next game he played after that stupid video had come out ( no pun intended ) I think he was stood down, but then played his first game back at Mt Smart. MAN, that was IMO one of his best games. He was embarrassed about what he did, and it showed on the field.

2016 Is our year, I have such a great feeling about what's going to happen this year, I can't wait for the season to kick off.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Especially considering the amount of cash money they had to throw at DCE to turn down probably the biggest contract in the NRL's history.
I reckon that was dumb. Sure he is a very good player, but he is not a matchwinner on his own. Mateo won't help him much either.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Adam Renyolds to the Titans?

wow...so many transfers occuring this offseason. Something doesnt seem right at the Bunnies.

Reactions: OMG

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
https://www.theroar.com.au/2015/12/11/south-sydney-reject-adam-reynolds-release-request-report/

Star NRL playmaker Adam Reynolds has reportedly asked for a release from South Sydney with Gold Coast vying for his signature.

News Corp reports that Reynolds was knocked back by Rabbitohs management after requesting an immediate release from the final two years of his contract.

Reynolds signed a two-year $1 million contract extension in January and the club is intent for him to see out his deal.

The club has been told by the NRL it must jettison players to make salary cap room for Sam Burgess, who is returning after a one-year stint in English Rugby Union.

Queensland State of Origin back-rower Chris McQueen has been mentioned as one player who could make way and has been linked with the Titans.

The Titans have room under their cap after Daly Cherry-Evans reneged on his agreement to join the club in 2016 and Dally M centre of the year James Roberts this week parted ways following the contract forgery scandal.

The Gold Coast signed Newcastle half Tyrone Roberts and Brisbane young gun Ashley Taylor to partner Kane Elgey, giving them good depth in the halves.

Reynolds was named the Dally M rookie of the year in his debut season in 2012 and has been mentioned as a future NSW representative.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Wondered if Souths might have a few dramas getting Burgess back.
By most accounts he was pretty unpopular in Bath and i can't imagine him being too popular in forcing players out of Souths coming back after bailing on them in the first place to take the money.

Jordan G

As nice as it would be to pick up another quality player I actually don't mind us sitting back and watching all these other teams sign and release players. There has to be a point where team harmony, loyalty, and focus starts getting torn at the seams with all this uncertainty. Quite happy for us to quietly go about our business building towards next season with the squad we have.

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
Wondered if Souths might have a few dramas getting Burgess back.
By most accounts he was pretty unpopular in Bath and i can't imagine him being too popular in forcing players out of Souths coming back after bailing on them in the first place to take the money.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there. Similar situation that D.C.E and Manly had perhaps ??

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Lafi to the Saints we miss out again

I'd be very surprised if we even put in an offer to be honest. We're probably near the cap and it would have taken stupid overs to pry him away from Sydney. Good player though.

Jah

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
I'd be very surprised if we even put in an offer to be honest. We're probably near the cap and it would have taken stupid overs to pry him away from Sydney. Good player though.
Yea agree with you on that just not good timing for us red V got solid centres peter matautia and lafi

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
James Roberts set to spark NRL player transfer frenzy
BRAD WALTER
Last updated 11:49, December 11 2015
1449788410096.jpg

James Roberts is set to spark another player transfer frenzy, with whichever club he chooses to join next season almost certain to have to release someone to accommodate him under the salary cap.

Roberts, who this week quit the Titans after becoming a free agent when it emerged that a Gold Coast official had faked his signature on a contract, has no shortage of clubs keen to sign him and the star centre can virtually choose where he wants to play in 2016.

Brisbane, Cronulla, Parramatta, St George Illawarra and South Sydney have all reportedly shown interest in Roberts, who is expected to command more than A$400,000 (NZ$431,000) per season wherever he signs.

However, few clubs besides the Titans have room under the salary cap for a player of his calibre without moving on other players, and his decision is expected to have a domino effect similar to the one caused by Sam Burgess returning to South Sydney.

To fit Burgess under the cap, Souths have had to release centre Dylan Walker and are hoping that Gold Coast, St George Illawarra or one of the other clubs chasing Roberts and Tim Lafai will sign Queensland Origin utility Chris McQueen for a cut-price deal.

Walker's move to Manly has also had a knock-on effect, with the Sea Eagles releasing New Zealand international Peta Hiku but still not announcing the signing of the player earmarked for the No.6 jersey as it is believed they still need to shift other players to fit his contract under the salary cap.

Penrith's signing of Hiku also raises questions about the Panthers' back line next season as new coach Anthony Griffin also has Dean Whare, Waqa Blake and the Jennings brothers, Robert and George, as centre options, while Matt Moylan and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak would appear to have the fullback spot covered.

One theory is that Moylan will switch to five-eighth so Hiku can play fullback, leaving veteran halves Jamie Soward and Peter Wallace to fight it out for Penrith's other playmaking role next season.

But there are suggestions from player agents and recruitment managers that the recent round of transfers, which also include Will Hopoate joining Canterbury after a contract dispute with Parramatta and Lafai being released from the Bulldogs, is set to be repeated once Roberts chooses a club.

If Roberts signs with Brisbane, the Broncos will have to release players and there are a number of clubs who would be keen to bid for centre Dale Copley, although Fairfax Media was assured he would not be going anywhere next season.

Bizarrely, there were also rumours on Thursday that Newcastle centre Dane Gagai was again in the sights of the Broncos just months after rejecting an approach and committing to the Knights for another two years. While he is close to Wayne Bennett, speculation of a move to Brisbane was denied.

Despite Roberts admitting he was considering the Broncos because of the opportunity to play under Bennett, it is expected he will return to Sydney and the Dragons are keen to sign him as a replacement for Dylan Farrell, who is set to retire at 24 due to a back problem.

St George Illawarra are also interested in Lafai and it is believed the pair were separately scheduled to tour the club's training facilities in Wollongong on Thursday or Friday.

The Dragons are also pursuing Cronulla utility Jack Bird and there is speculation that the NRL rookie of the year could return to his junior club if the Sharks signed Roberts, although he has been reported to be close to re-signing.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/75004269/james-roberts-set-to-spark-nrl-player-transfer-frenzy

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Last off season was pretty busy for player transfers as well. Maybe the way things are going with clubs reviewing their rosters more after the season completes. I can understand the clubs with new coaches as they will want to bring in new talent.

A bit of a shame we don't have the cap space to join in with these signings. You could look at it as we are missing out or we have our shit together and have the roster we want and getting someone over this late would be a disruption as you need to get them over to another country and settled. Well that's my positive spin on us not being able to pick up another signing.

The Bird to the Dragons rumour is interesting. Sharks may have gone to nuts signing players that they have upset one of their few up and comers to the put he wants to move on.

Ozwarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Last off season was pretty busy for player transfers as well. Maybe the way things are going with clubs reviewing their rosters more after the season completes. I can understand the clubs with new coaches as they will want to bring in new talent.

A bit of a shame we don't have the cap space to join in with these signings. You could look at it as we are missing out or we have our shit together and have the roster we want and getting someone over this late would be a disruption as you need to get them over to another country and settled. Well that's my positive spin on us not being able to pick up another signing.

The Bird to the Dragons rumour is interesting. Sharks may have gone to nuts signing players that they have upset one of their few up and comers to the put he wants to move on.
Mate We signed Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Luke! We ain't missing out on anything!

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You could look at it as we are missing out or we have our shit together and have the roster we want and getting someone over this late would be a disruption
I am sure if JD had Mateo and Louisi off his books he would be thinking differently.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
I am sure if JD had Mateo and Louisi off his books he would be thinking differently.

Fair call. The fact remains that we signed to of the absolute best players in the comp and united 3/4 of the Kiwi spine. We've also sured up a few other areas with some alright signings, while losing nobody of proven value. I think as far as the Warriors go, our recruitment is a 9.5/10.

Reactions: bruce

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Mate We signed RTS and Luke! We ain't missing out on anything!
Yeah just greedy on my part wanting another superstar or high profile to go with them. Like Sam Moa.

We will have to wait until next year. But if he had them off the books would he have spent the money earlier in the season or would he keep some back for the post season?

It will be interesting to see how these players go next year. For the Bulldogs is Hopoate an improvement on Lafai? on recent form probably not. Is that due to the Eels being a mess or Hopoate struggling to get back into form. Can Hasler get him into the form he was at with Manly.

What position will Hiku play at Pemrith?
How will Walker go at Manly?
How much impact will Lafai have at the Dragons?
After settling at the Titans on close to his last chance has Roberts matured to the point he won't misbehave off the field again?

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Can't believe the club is still paying that Fatty Mateo's salary!. How long until that clusterfuck is over? sooner the better.

What a farkin disaster, then there's hand brake Sione.

Lousi never has and never will live up to any sort of expectation he's just a big teddy bear.

That is a Sam Moa signing in waiting if we managed to discard both from the payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings