Rumour NRL Rumoured Player movements, Re-signings and Rumour mill 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Agree 100%...Brother lives there, went for a visit and thought the place very transient, a lot of homeless around and the place just looked dirty.......agree, looks good from afar, but once there and you spend some time actually looking around....it does look seedy...as well as mutton dressed up as lamb
Agree again, family and I moved there Jul last year and were back in BNE by April this year. Funny feel to it and simply too much crime. Lovely holiday spot though!

Reactions: Swanley
The Cowboys interested in Roberts. I can't blame him if he ends up there he gets to play behind a decent pack, the best play maker in the competition and they have just won a premiership.

It will be interesting to see where Lafai and Hiku end up. Both decent signings for whoever gets them at this time of the year.

The Dragons is interesting as they were also rumoured to be after a fullback with the aim of moving Dugan into the centres.
I heard Kurt Mann was gonna play fullback with Dugan at centre, one of the options...

Reactions: tajhay
Panthers snap up Peta Hiku
Wed 09 Dec, 2015, 12:21pm
AAP
EMAIL
PRINT

image.ashx

Peta Hiku will join the Penrith Panthers on a three-year deal. Credit: Grant Trouville. Copyright: NRL Photos.
Penrith have confirmed the signing of former Manly centre, Peta Hiku, on a three-year NRL deal.

The 23-year-old Kiwi international will fill the void left by former NSW State of Origin representative Jamal Idris, who left the Panthers last month citing personal reasons.

Hiku scored 28 tries in 61 games for the Sea Eagles, and his departure should pave the way for the arrival of former South Sydney outside back Dylan Walker.

"We are indeed fortunate that Peta became available at this stage of the year. He will perfectly complement the emerging young players we have here at Panthers," Panthers general manager Phil Gould said.

"The fact that Peta, at a young age, has forced his way into that tremendous Manly backline and has performed so well on the international stage for the Kiwis is indicative of his tremendous ability.

"At 23 years of age, he obviously has the best of his career in front of him and we are excited he is going to be a Panther for the next three years."

Hiku is a strong addition to the Panthers backline also featuring including Matt Moylan, Dean Whare, Josh Mansour and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak but no longer Jamal Idris, who has taken a break from the game for personal reasons.

Hiku played at centre and wing for the Sea Eagles and at five-eighth for the Kiwis on their end-of-season tour of England.

He was told he was unwanted under new Manly coach Trent Barrett despite a strong 2015 and was released from the final two years of his contract.

Jordan G

TBH I thought the way we handled his development was extremely poor to begin with so if he had of stayed I doubt we would have had a clue on how to use him effectively and he would of been wasted anyway.

It seemed like he was playing a new position every week in the NYC as we focused on other players and just allowed him to plug gaps wherever we needed him to.

Seen a couple of articles today where we are mentioned as an option for Lafai again, but really it's almost a throwaway like each time after talking about the teams he may actually sign with.

The Panthers were linked with Lafai which Gould shot down. They were probably happy with the media linking them with Lafai while they negotiate with Hiku.

The press had Hiku favoured to go to the Eels with the other former Manly players. Besides the recent coach change the Panthers would seem more stable, this season wasn't good due to injuries but they had a decent 2014. They don't have the cap issues the Eels have and they are further along their rebuild than the Eels are.

Now it will be interesting to see where Lafai and Roberts end up.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
The Panthers were linked with Lafai which Gould shot down. They were probably happy with the media linking them with Lafai while they negotiate with Hiku.

The press had Hiku favoured to go to the Eels with the other former Manly players. Besides the recent coach change the Panthers would seem more stable, this season wasn't good due to injuries but they had a decent 2014. They don't have the cap issues the Eels have and they are further along their rebuild than the Eels are.

Now it will be interesting to see where Lafai and Roberts end up.

Latest news i hear in Brisbane is Roberts could be signed up here. Brisbane

Awesome. Again don't know how true any of this crap is but on Twitter there are huge rumours circulating that massive story is about to break in next couple of days all about how Greg Inglis has left South Sydney Rabbitohs to go join Brisbane Broncos for the 2016 NRL season. If this shit is true I can't wait to see how things play out. I wonder how Russell Crowe will react ... ;)

Last edited:
What as a centre? I can't see Bennet shifting Boyd from fullback.

Does Inglis even have it anymore? His form - despite the 2014 gf (which was far more down to the forward pack anyway) - has been very patchy the last few seasons.

Hopefully Hiku to the Panthers means he will get a permanent position in the back line instead of being the mr fix it he was at Manly.

The Inglis to the Broncos is interesting. Will that mean the Roberts interest is a smokescreen or will they some how manage to get both. Inglis was rumored to go up there in 2017; if he moves for 2016 it would be a year early. Does that mean South need to free up a big chunk for Burgess?

Inglis's wife works in Brisbane doesn't she? I recall reading an article that they have a house up there and she spends a lot of time up there which could be an reason for the move.

At this stage, if the Bronco's sign both Inglis and Roberts they are clearly breaking the cap. There's simply no way they can't fit those two, It'll be one or the other. I know for a fact clubs have been suspicious of Manly with their recruitment drive.

Especially considering the amount of cash money they had to throw at DCE to turn down probably the biggest contract in the NRL's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.