Rumour NRL Rumoured Player movements, Re-signings and Rumour mill 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
SKD made two thundering runs last weekend. One which led to Nightingales try and the other could have been a try had Manu not come inside him.
I'd buy him.
He can also play wing.

• Haha
Reactions: Magic Stick

Chchhillbilly

Waterboy
Nov 15, 2014
Hello people, new to here but do a bit of writing on the ol' rugby league. Not to report news or break news just giving opinions on news etc. Will do a weekly 'Offseason Octopus' for the summer, so if you like it cool, if you hate it cool.

The Kiwis, it's no surprise that after a great Four Nations a few players have earned themselves some speculation. Apparently Shaun Kenny-Dowall could be shopped around by the Roosters who are all in on Blake Ferguson, with SKD on some decent cash. It makes reasonable sense - are the Chooks going to let Michael Jennings go? No. Will they let Roger Tuivasa-Sheck go? No. Daniel Tupou? No. SKD was awesome in the Four Nations and he shouldn't have any problems finding a club with the Tigers and Sharks being mentioned. Let me dive in to my octopus cave and imagine, imagine SKD playing for Melbourne? They haven't bought too many lads this year, but that's only an idea. Throw SKD in to the Jason Taumalolo and Kieran Foran category .... aka the Kevin Durant category - every club can do it if they want it bad enough. Honestly, SKD could end up anywhere and he'll be a huge boost for any club.

Then I wake up this morning to read that the Broncos and Wayne Bennett may be keen on Adam Blair. It makes sense - the Broncos need to revamp their forward pack with James Gavet being the perfect signing for them and Blair was low key awesome for the Kiwis. Bennett has a relationship with Blair (like they know each other type of relationship) from when Bennett helped coach the Kiwis and of course Stephen Kearney is the assistant at the Broncs. If I'm in Broncos HQ, I'm making this happen. Blair, uso McQuire, Corey Parker and Sam Thaiday!? That's a pack to get them back on track. Obviously the fun police - salary cap folk might have an issue, but Brisbane offers a great market to get around the cap.

Gotta see what the Warriors are up to now - not much. Do they have a realistic possibility of sneering Kieran Foran and/or Taumalolo? Very much so, but that's using NZ media logic - they're both Auckland boys blah blah blah. The Warriors have off loaded some contracts, mainly Feleti Mateo while Dane Nielsen looks to be on the outer, but unlike in the past where they've paid big bucks battlers, this time around they have only really spent money on Ryan Hoffman who is awesome. In saying this, it would take a bit of a change in culture at the club as a few players would have to take a smaller pay packet with the bigger picture in mind. I'm pretty keen to see what Chad Townsend's got as well, there's no need to splash cash on Foran if Townsend is all good. I'm leaning towards both Taumalolo and Foran sticking with their clubs but who knows. The Offseason Octopus will check in to Mt Smart each week for ya'll.

What else do we have? Kieran Moselely signing on with the Gold Coast Titans, great signing for them. Moseley's path was blocked by James Segeyaro, Kevin Kingstone and now Apisai Koroisau at the Panthers and he joins a club that desperately needs some excitement around the ruck. He's similar to Segeyaro in that he's a strong runner of the ball, dynamic, but is solid at all his other core roles as well. Not sure where that leaves the likes of Matt Srama who emerged on the scene as a good young hooker, but hasn't done a whole lot recently thanks to injury. Anyway, Moseley has the potential to be better than both Srama of Beau Falloon.

Lastly, one name that keeps popping up everywhere is Frank Paul-Nu'uausala. The Mole - the most relied on source of NRL information reckons it's the Tigers with the Broncos also in the mix. You'd have to think that the Broncos would only be in on either Blair or FPN, so keep an eye on that. However, if Blair signs with the Broncos then the Tigers would need someone tough, experienced and versatile - FPN. It appears that the NRL game of dominoes is still very much in action.

https://theniche-cache.com/nrl/2014/11/18/the-bench-its-the-return-of-the-gangstaoffseason-octopus

Last edited by a moderator:

way2sharp

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 28, 2014
New Zealand
What about Blair guys. Has been limp for the Tigers but really stood up in the 4N.
He is being shopped about with Broncs looking keen.

Reactions: Harlz

Chchhillbilly

Waterboy
Nov 15, 2014
Kasiano was a ball player for the Dogs when he was on the field, love it from the Dragons. Blair to Broncos sounds legit, as I wrote you'd have to expect the Tigers to sign someone like FPN should Blair leave ... or splash some cash on SKD, but a like for like move is smarter

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Dragons recruitment this year has been excellent aside from losing Morris (Who is only a winger tbh)

If their beefed up pack fires, I think they'll be playing finals footy next year. Bunji, Widdop and Dugan is a potentially deadly spine.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
What about Blair guys. Has been limp for the Tigers but really stood up in the 4N.
He is being shopped about with Broncs looking keen.
Gives away too many avoidable penalties . When he was at the Storm he was aggressive and abrasive, in recent years he just seems ploddy.

Reminds me of Mateo for some reason, I think its that tackle routine where he sort of just lays his body over the guy while they get up while pointing and looking out to the side, then gets pinged by the ref for slowing the play. His other one is pushing his knees into the play of the ball really obviously

Last edited:

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
I'm a Blair fan - have been for a while, would love to see him play for us, from the look of the 4N he's regained some past form; definitely worth a look.

WAYNE Bennett's shake-up of the Broncos has hit overdrive with the coach targeting Kiwi Test prop Adam Blair to add size and mongrel to Brisbane's engine room.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Blair is the latest player on Brisbane's recruiting hit list as Bennett searches for the hard edge to give the Broncos a title-winning platform.

Adam Blair has struggled with the Tigers but was part of the Kiwis Four Nations-winning squad.

Blair has endured a turbulent three years at Wests Tigers, with the 114kg prop labelled a "flop" in 2012 after horrendous form following his big-money move from the Storm.

But the 28-year-old hit back this season to clinch a Kiwi Test jumper, playing a key role in New Zealand's Four Nations final victory over Australia.

The Broncos have been linked with Roosters forward Frank-Paul Nu'uausala. And while former Morons hitman Neville Costigan, who recently quit Hull KR in England, is keen to return to the Broncos, Blair is the front-row firebrand on Brisbane's radar.

It is understood Bennett is interested in having Blair on Brisbane's books for 2015, although the Tigers would have to rescind the final year of his current deal.

Blair admits he doesn’t know where his future lies.

“It's been a tough few years at the Tigers, I won't lie,” Blair said as he celebrated the Kiwis' Four Nations victory at Westpac Stadium.

“I am off-contract and I don't know what's going on. I've been focused on the Four Nations and now that this is over, I will go back to the Tigers and sort things out and see where I go.

“The Tigers have stuck with me through the ups and downs and I like the club, but they have a new coach (Jason Taylor) coming in.

“I don't know if the Broncos are keen, I leave that to my manager, but I have worked with Wayne at the Kiwis and he has that aura. Whatever he says, your eyes light up and you do anything for Wayne.

“Just his presence in the Kiwi team was massive. I really looked up to someone like him, he really lifts your self-belief so I enjoyed playing under him.”

Broncos legend Darren Lockyer, now a member of the club's recruitment-and-retention committee, said Brisbane have room in the salary cap for at least one key forward.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...ncos-engine-room/story-fnp0lyn6-1227126059208

frankspence

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2013
Porirua
Have never really been a fan of Blair especially at prop. He can put on the odd dominant tackle but for the most part he's a wrestler That loses at least 5 meters before completing the tackle. Attack pretty shit as well imo. On Saturday he was very weak on attack and defence. This years Anzac test when he played loose foreward was his best game in the kiwis Jersey Imo. That's where I see his best position is loose. Not enough impact for prop or 2nd row

Reactions: OMG and Est95

STEEDEN

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Auckland
Does anyone know where Epalahame Lauaki will be for 2015,I thought he would be at Manly, but the first post on this thread reads that he is off contract for 2014.
If so would we consider having him back for the right price.

STEEDEN

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Auckland
Fair enough then, thanks for that Blain. Im just going through the list looking at potential available options and saw his name there.
I know we all agree we could do with some new forward power but talk about slim pickings.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Blair to Broncos on 3 year deal confirmed.

Wests Tigers have released Four Nations-winning Kiwis forward Adam Blair from the final year of his contract to join Wayne Bennett at the Broncos on a three-year deal.

Announcing the release, Tigers coach Jason Taylor stressed the release did not mean the club would be announcing any major recruits.

Thanking Blair for his commitment to the club – the 28-year-old missed just one game through suspension and none through injury in his three years at the Tigers – Taylor said the club wouldn't be making any major signings ahead of 2015.

"By releasing Adam and a couple of other players recently we have had some relief in the salary cap," Taylor said.

"We're planning for long-term success here and any decisions regarding signing new players will be made with this in mind.

"We have a great group of young players coming through the Wests Tigers system and from what I've seen of them so far I'm confident that they will develop into a strong group of NRL players.

"I can assure Wests Tigers Members and supporters that we have a clear recruitment strategy and we are committed to building a successful Club that will challenge for premierships."

Announcing the signing, the Broncos said Blair's recruitment "added another dynamic piece to their forward-pack jigsaw puzzle".

Broncos CEO Paul White said Blair will bring toughness and leadership to the Broncos squad.

"He is a World Cup winner coming off a great Four Nations campaign where he was a major contributor to the New Zealand victory, and at age 28 has several seasons of great football ahead of him," White said.

"We are excited about the role he can play for the Brisbane Broncos, and we welcome him and his family to the club."

Blair has played 192 NRL games for Melbourne and Wests Tigers and 30 Tests for New Zealand

https://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-re...4/newsid/83069/default.aspx?cid=NRL_HP_Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings