Rumour NRL Rumoured Player movements, Re-signings and Rumour mill 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
A SHATTERED Matt Srama is fighting to save his NRL career after being told he is unwanted by the Titans — just five months after signing an upgraded contract.
Regarded as the Titans’ No.1 hooker two years ago, Srama is now in limbo, with the courageous rake a casualty of the new regime being implemented by coach Neil Henry.
Srama seemed to be a key part of the Titans’ plans when he signed a two-year extension in June under foundation coach John Cartwright, who blooded the hooker in 2011.
216487-1165b586-6647-11e4-8235-0001a6f26b34.jpg

Matt Srama during a Titans training session. Photo by Richard Gosling Source: News Corp Australia

But Cartwright’s resignation six weeks later has had dire implications for Srama, who has been given permission by Henry to negotiate with rival clubs.
The 23-year-old can elect to stay and fight for a Titans starting spot, but has slipped to being the fourth-choice hooking option behind Beau Falloon, Paul Carter and Daniel Mortimer.
It is another crushing blow for Srama, who is on the comeback trail after undergoing surgery eight weeks ago to correct a congenital defect in his hip and groin.
The Titans have offered to broker a move to English club Hull, mindful Srama will likely languish in the Intrust Super Cup if he opts to remain at the Coast.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Srama was an absolute star of the future 2 years ago, I really liked the look of him.

I'd be very happy to have him on our books.

'Negotiating with Hull.' How insulting; the club inferring he is not good enough for the NRL

eX | Machina

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2012
Brisbane
Oh wow how times change. He was their direct replacement for Friend when he came over here. I hope the Warriors are looking seriously at Srama, he's been knocked down but strikes me as the type of guy that will get up bigger and better. Come on Warriors we need a genuine young hooking options! This kid could make a massive difference to our spine!

Jordan G

Isn't he smaller than Friend? Looked a good player but I doubt TL would approve this deal.

Would want to know more about these hip and groin issues. Not good injuries for a hooker.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I was hoping we'd sign him if Friend decided to retire. Was hoping to see him come back from injury first to see how he'd go after being out for so long. I thought he went alright this year after Falloon was out for stint.

Interesting he is behind Mortimer as a hooking option I would have thought with Kelly leaving he'd be one of their first choice halves. Unless they see Mortimer as a utility off the bench which essentially points him in the same position he was at the Roosters.

We have Friend, TL and Havilli under contract to cover hooker. Not sure if we need another one over a front rower but he would be worth a look at.

If we can't fit him in cap wise it might be worth seeing if he'd be interested and tell him if he goes to Super League we will keep an eye on him and there maybe an opportunity for 2016 when Friend most likely retires.

Reactions: mt.wellington

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
I would sign him immediately. Friend is only still around because we haven't found any quality replacements. I have a strong dislike for Leuluai now. I feel he overplays Johnson, which is unacceptable. There is very few dummy half passes going Johnson's way with TL hooking. I wouldn't have a problem with playing Srama for reduced minutes for a period to make sure he gets up to full fitness. Havili on the bench, suits me.

If we have no cap space, then we need to ring Foran and withdraw a few hundred K.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Hall eyes NRL
ryan-hall1.jpg

The English winger who almost stole the Test match from Australia last week – Ryan Hall – has declared he would love a stint in the NRL. He has made a new four-year deal with his English club, but would not rule out trying to get out of it early. "I've got a contract, but I've always wanted to play in the NRL," Hall, 26, said.

https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...arryd-hayne-will-succeed-20141108-11j6l6.html

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Hall eyes NRL
View attachment 10672
The English winger who almost stole the Test match from Australia last week – Ryan Hall – has declared he would love a stint in the NRL. He has made a new four-year deal with his English club, but would not rule out trying to get out of it early. "I've got a contract, but I've always wanted to play in the NRL," Hall, 26, said.

https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...arryd-hayne-will-succeed-20141108-11j6l6.html
yes if manu moves to the forwards

Reactions: eX | Machina

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
As much as Leuluai was up and down this year. And this season he mainly played in the halves. He was excellent against the Lions yesterday. Which raised my eyebrows. And if he can to continue to work on his hooking game. I have no problem with him being our starting nine. He once was a great hooker and if he can rediscover some of that form. That'll solve our hooker issue. His main issue is not overplaying his hand. And he needs to learn what is best for the team. But his defence would be a great help in the middle. And Friend and his age worry me. So i am definitely hoping Leulai can become our hooker. For next season at least.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
As much as Leuluai was up and down this year. And this season he mainly played in the halves. He was excellent against the Lions yesterday. Which raised my eyebrows. And if he can to continue to work on his hooking game. I have no problem with him being our starting nine. He once was a great hooker and if he can rediscover some of that form. That'll solve our hooker issue. His main issue is not overplaying his hand. And he needs to learn what is best for the team. But his defence would be a great help in the middle. And Friend and his age worry me. So i am definitely hoping Leulai can become our hooker. For next season at least.
It was one game, but yes TL played well. He will still need someone off the bench to play 30 or 40 minutes for him. I think him and Friend should be it.

Reactions: eX | Machina

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Im keen...

NUUAUSALA IN LINE FOR BRONCOS SWAP
THE AUSTRALIAN
– NOVEMBER 11, 2014
frank-paul-nuuausala.jpg

More than half of the NRL’s clubs are already back at training, preparing for the 2015 season, but it would appear the final make-up of the 16 squads is still far from settled, with Roosters international Frank-Paul Nuuausala the latest big name to be shopped around to rival clubs.

A key member of Trent Robinson’s 2013 premiership squad, Nuuausala has a year to run on his contract.

But even allowing for the departure of Sonny Bill Williams, the Sydney Roosters are blessed with an abundance of big men next season, having just welcomed hulking prop Martin Kennedy back after a disappointing year in Brisbane.

Given the Brisbane Broncos have farewelled former Test prop Ben Hannant (North Queensland Cowboys) and emerging big man David Hala (Gold Coast Titans), Nuuausala and Kennedy may find themselves completing a swap for next season.

https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/nuuausala-in-line-for-broncos-swap-15697/#ixzz3Ij1HPggl

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
When we played the Roosters at home when the game got physical it looked like they were going to beat our lot up. He was a big part of that. I'd be keen for another front rower/lock who can give us some starch in the forward pack.

Probably a bit late know though. Mr Bennett usually gets what he wants; we should have jumped in earlier when he was linked to the Tigers.

g.man

Warriors Bench Player
Feb 19, 2013
barba to sharks,hope he gets his mind right as that is a shakey club he's walking into, where is micheal gordon ,on the wing?

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2012
christchurch
Honestly, if a team like the Sharks can sign a player like Barba after getting the wooden spoon then I really doubt that our clubs noted inconsistency isn't the main reason as to why players aren't signing with us. Fact of the matter is, so far as I can tell, most player just don't want live in New Zealand. Not that we should really be complaining about it. You should expect these drawbacks when you're the only foreign team in the competition.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Well if he gets into any sort of form the Sharks could be a bit better to watch. They are often like watching paint dry.

Gone from the star recruit at the Broncos one year to released and a fresh start at the Sharks the next. He's probably thinking things at the Bulldogs weren't really that bad now.

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington

eX | Machina

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2012
Brisbane
Honestly, if a team like the Sharks can sign a player like Barba after getting the wooden spoon then I really doubt that our clubs noted inconsistency isn't the main reason as to why players aren't signing with us. Fact of the matter is, so far as I can tell, most player just don't want live in New Zealand. Not that we should really be complaining about it. You should expect these drawbacks when you're the only foreign team in the competition.

Maybe they should shift the club to Brisbane! Get plenty of love at Suncorp. Plus you know I would make the games every weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings