General NRL Round 4 - General Discussion

Will Newcastle stay unbeaten tonight?
If so, how good was our effort, in hindsight?
The Knights finding a way to win their other games and now tearing up the Panthers does put a little better light on our performance in round 1.

On your comment of us in the top 4 if we win tomorrow and have a better start to the year compared to previous years before improving around the Origin period. We should be in the top 8 maybe deep into the 8. Will the media experts pick up we are in the 8 and commentate on how we are playing or will they ignore us like its an anomaly?

Hopefully we get to find out.:)

Far Away Fan

Would someone please take out Beau Scott?

This season is heading down a dark road. The Knights are topping the table for the very same reason Souths won the premiership last year. Through playing the man and not the ball. Through being the biggest bastards.

If we want to see skills in the game, then the playmakers have to have the protection of the NRL judiciary and the field officials. Instead, we have coaches whose gameplan is the elimination of opposing playmakers. This can't on forever... just consider the consequences for a moment if it were allowed to. But at the moment, it is.

In rugby league there has to be a balance between skills and strength.

Right now, there's no balance at all. The bastards are in the ascendant.

Reactions: Defence

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
watching the games last night i was interested to see that Cappy called it - by round 4 the interpretation around the defenders getting off the player has been ignored again. Play is starting to slow down and you can easily watch the players getting up and count 1,2,3.

Reactions: Defence
watching the games last night i was interested to see that Cappy called it - by round 4 the interpretation around the defenders getting off the player has been ignored again. Play is starting to slow down and you can easily watch the players getting up and count 1,2,3.

Good, the game is fast enough...hopefully they drop the amount of interchanges, which will make it a more of a endurance sport.

Reactions: OMG

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Good, the game is fast enough...hopefully they drop the amount of interchanges, which will make it a more of a endurance sport.
totally disagree. I dont think the game is fast enough. Watching all this slow play shit gets me every time. However i agree that i would also like to see the interchange reduced.