Greg Eastwood
Jarred Hayne
Paul Aiton
Travis Burns
Darius Boyd
Gavin Cooper

My pick is Darius Boyd from the Broncos

Skinny_Ravs82

Pretty obvious who I'd want to win, but I have a strong feeling it's going to be Hayne.

raypower_old

Hayne's the media darling in Oz right now and if Parra end up getting to the finals and/or the top 4 I think he's a certainty.

warriorfaithful*_old

jeromesgirl said:
i reckon hayne will get it unfortunately...

Do you say 'unfortunatley' because you think the guy is arrogant. Cos i think he is lol. :)

raypower_old

I don't think he's arrogant, just naive and a bit thick. He bit someone in a bar FFS...

Skinny_Ravs82

rayroxon said:
I don't think he's arrogant, just naive and a bit thick. He bit someone in a bar FFS...

:roll: just another eel that hasn't learnt lessons...

raypower_old

The thing is skinny I don't think there was anyone before Taylor teaching them lessons worth learning.

That said we can hardly throw stones when we've got our own backyard to tend to

Samoan Souljah_old

Im picking Hayne if he keeps scoring tries and if eels make top 4 he will definately get it ..

Skinny_Ravs82

rayroxon said:
The thing is skinny I don't think there was anyone before Taylor teaching them lessons worth learning.

That said we can hardly throw stones when we've got our own backyard to tend to

Yes that's a good point Ray, although the Eels have had three players maybe more whom have been headliners in the past few months. We've had what...two I think? The other two aren't counted because they don't belong with the club now :p
But just back to the NRL's rookie fo the year, is Eastwood counted? I heard he debuted last year?! Daris Boyd has been pretty good thou.

ONETRIBECHIEF_old

According to the Big League Magazine Greg Eastwood is counted because he only played one game last year(vs Eels, Round 26)

All Rookie that are in the running for the Rookie of the year prize is in the Round 18 Edition of Big League

sebastian_old

I'd give to Grant Rovelli, what hes had to learn & take responsiblity for in his 1st year is incredible. He had to contend with the team losing 4 points & take responsibility as a halfback to try & still make the finals. Hes been consistant every game, has played EVERY game this year & set a 66-0 record with himself at halfback, he also helped the team to 4 wins in a row. If Grant Roveli had a decent 5/8 people wouldn't even be questioning him, he'd be that good, he could've killed it with someone capable at 5/8, just so he doesn't have to do everything.
Hayne will probabaly get it but not because hes gone through tough times & pulled through, just because hes more athletic than most, thats not special in my book, he also gloats as hes scoring, instead of thinking of the kicker & running towards the post, a good eg. was the Tigers game. He also has only played half the year therefore missing the real testing times, i hope that whoever wins it has been around all year, to get continually picked all year as a debuetent is really special.

commonsense_old

i would like to see big greg eastwood get it. but its gonna go to jaryd hayne