Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Match Stats

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P
Gameday thread for Warriors games. Post your thoughts/discussion/news as the day and game unfolds. Scores/Stats update every 5mins during the game.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Love people who only watch the last 20 mins but can tell you how bad a player is going. Like i said above, if he had 1 support player with him that coulda been a completely different result.

if your passing out to your winger he is normally the last player in the line, the centre is the one that should always have back up, manu needs to move off the wing.

Buck777

At the end of the day Manu could drop every pass, throw every ball away and miss tackles....it doesn't matter. Bluey has categorically said his position on the wing is rock solid safe, so fans can discuss Manu going into the forwards, etc but it won't make a jot of difference. I remember Rueben Wiki lost form. Cleary demoted him to the vulcans. Funny thing is back then I can't remember Wiki playing that bad, certainly not making mistakes that cost games.

Pity that you only saw the last 20 mins of the game and formed your opinion of the game on that, I would love to see what you would have said if you had seen the whole thing. Cause in my opinion there were a lot of low percentage plays in that game. SOme successful some not. To not try a low percentage play means to not try. Get some support and those percentage points change. All i have said is that we missed a sitter in the first half because Benry didnt pass him the ball, those plays at the end of the game might have gone different if there had been a support player running with him. People Lay it on think about Feliti's offloads, but from what i can see manu is doing more, more often, why do we not have support players with him.

Did you see Malony, Tupou and Hurrel working well on the right wing, thats all i want on the left wing.
Manu is the weak link in this team - his error rate is the worst of any winger in the competition and he is slow and invariably out of position and we should trade him for a more complete winger - again today, any chance we had of taking the win was eliminated through his poor decision making - has this guy improved over the years - I think not - same rookie mistakes and I get sick of hearing the same old rubbish that he wins more games than he costs us - reality is no one player is bigger than the game and team efforts win games - individual errrors such as his can only lose games. Also - where is the good lord when Manu costs us - keep it to yourself - it makes you look silly. How about some honesty guys - I have supported the warriors since their inception and I cannot believe the cheerleaders for someone who frankly is not that good - cult followings is one thing - but he is too much of a liability too often and hard decisions need to be made . As an aside - the warriors are showing a soft underbelly in defence at the moment and really miss micheal luck.

Reactions: Eva and facefacts
Do you think we switched off due to Malony being in the full back roll and then not getting it together when he moved back or because they just ran out of puff?
I think a bit of both. I think having a 2 man bench for the first half of the 2nd half really hurt us - that was when they kept getting a roll on and made 80 metres every set.

It seems as we're nowhere near as fit as we were last year. The last 20 again hurt us, plus our sudden lack of depth is very worrying.

Positive signs? I thought Henry did well overall and Hurrell is a machine going forward - will have to watch a replay to see how he was in D.

Someone above said we won't make the 8 and I tend to agree - put it this way:

How many of our players make the Storm 17?

I think none. Maybe Ben Mutts, but for sure man for man they have it over us in every position. And seeing as they're the benchmark that is extremely worrying.

Not getting any better next year either.

Manu.. enough of the excuses.. he is not a first year player. It was first tackle!! What the FU*K!! Run it up and set the other runners up for the next run! There was plenty of time.. WHY PANIC and make stupid plays! Bloody hell! First tackle and do that!.. I love Manu dont get me wrong but this is just getting insane! He is technically our Star! Please bro think about what you are doing.. everyone could see after the whistle went at full time he was dirty on himself.. and so he should be! That is fu*king ridiculous!! Regardless of support players or not!!! He lost us that game fair and square! They scored straight off that mind blow out from our marque player!! I now have to clean my house because I have kicked and destroyed most of it and I BLAME YOU MANU!!!!..

I don't blame Manu for the loss, sure his errors led to tries but they were and indication of the panic that set into the whole team once the Storm hit the front. Mannering was an absolutely inept captain today and showed no leadership at all. Some very dodgy refereeing didn't help the cause and Mannering not even wanting to ask a question about it. We need a decent attacking back rower maybe that is Manu. WTF has happened to Mateo, even though he had 5 offloads he has nothing to offer at the moment.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Manu is the weak link in this team - his error rate is the worst of any winger in the competition and he is slow and invariably out of position and we should trade him for a more complete winger - again today, any chance we had of taking the win was eliminated through his poor decision making - has this guy improved over the years - I think not - same rookie mistakes and I get sick of hearing the same old rubbish that he wins more games than he costs us - reality is no one player is bigger than the game and team efforts win games - individual errrors such as his can only lose games. Also - where is the good lord when Manu costs us - keep it to yourself - it makes you look silly. How about some honesty guys - I have supported the warriors since their inception and I cannot believe the cheerleaders for someone who frankly is not that good - cult followings is one thing - but he is too much of a liability too often and hard decisions need to be made . As an aside - the warriors are showing a soft underbelly in defence at the moment and really miss micheal luck.

NOt sure your aware Manu is not thanking God, he pointing to Sonny Fai, a player who died while a member of the team and his death ment a great deal to the players

Reactions: Eva
I think a bit of both. I think having a 2 man bench for the first half of the 2nd half really hurt us - that was when they kept getting a roll on and made 80 metres every set.

It seems as we're nowhere near as fit as we were last year. The last 20 again hurt us, plus our sudden lack of depth is very worrying.

Positive signs? I thought Henry did well overall and Hurrell is a machine going forward - will have to watch a replay to see how he was in D.

I think none. Maybe Ben Mutts, but for sure man for man they have it over us in every position. And seeing as they're the benchmark that is extremely worrying.

I disagree we have a decent run against under strength teams coming up and by the time Origin is finished we should be at full strength for the first time this year. Locke and Friend have been missed and Luck will be looking to finish his career strongly.

The worrow is pitifull. None of our players would make their team? The team we beat twice last season, the team we knocked out of the competition. I'm happy to watch people ask questions of the coaches ability. Certain players worth. But we have some great, not good, great players that shit on some of those Storm players. Hence how we knocked that scum club out of the comp last season.

The worrow is pitifull. None of our players would make their team? The team we beat twice last season, the team we knocked out of the competition. I'm happy to watch people ask questions of the coaches ability. Certain players worth. But we have some great, not good, great players that shit on some of those Storm players. Hence how we knocked that scum club out of the comp last season.

Packer and Matulino were the best Props on the field easily..

Personally i think losing our fullback for the second time we played them, was again too much. Maloney at fullback, and only two on the bench. Is just too much against the Storm, a good team, who already get all the calls go their way. So they don't even need the injuries to happen, but when they happen for us, it's just too much.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor

I agree Henry was good on D, but on A he cost us a try when he didnt pass to Manu in open space 10 m from the line. His support play is what worries me, and i'm not sure if its just him or if it is endemic in the team with a lack of trust in Manu, but if you dont pass to a man in open space then you dont support your runners, it causes me to worry.

Although i understand the sentiment re top 8 or not, the team keeps showing we have the potential and the skill to be there. But they are not able to play for 80 mins and until that problem is fixed im not sure we deserve to be there

I don't blame Manu for the loss, sure his errors led to tries but they were and indication of the panic that set into the whole team once the Storm hit the front. Mannering was an absolutely inept captain today and showed no leadership at all. Some very dodgy refereeing didn't help the cause and Mannering not even wanting to ask a question about it. We need a decent attacking back rower maybe that is Manu. WTF has happened to Mateo, even though he had 5 offloads he has nothing to offer at the moment.

Mateo looked soft as today..he looks unfit & his passing is lazy part flukey...they mentioned him for State of O..GTFOH

our teams lacks a killer instinct or to concentrate the whole 80 mins...up to Bluey 2 fix

Although i understand the sentiment re top 8 or not, the team keeps showing we have the potential and the skill to be there. But they are not able to play for 80 mins and until that problem is fixed im not sure we deserve to be there
how long do we give them?

Giving up points to the Storm I can understand - they've been the standout team for years.

Giving up points to the likes of Canberra and the Tigers is unacceptable.

The same things happen every week and all people say is wait til. We play the crap - well we already have and lost to two of them!

Problems for me, are fitness and what seems to be our perennial problem - last tackle options.

Against the Storm what do you have to stop? Billy running it back. We didn't stop it except once after our first set.

After that we gave him and the rest easy metres.

Such a shame as before the season we had such high hopes. Now I just hope we manage to win a game!

Oh and over 20 points against us yet again!

New season, new coach....same 'ol problem=BASICS
3 things the Warriors would have to be worst at
1. Kick chase...without Locke and Tate it's almost redundant!
2. Support play...Inu threw a hail -mary pass from the sideline
in his Doggy debut. Would've turned out horribly for the Warriors
....but not for the Doggies!
Play the ball speed...Often a good opportunity for a quick picnic
for opposing teams!
Then there's the passes to runners at a jog with multiple defenders already in their face.
The passes that blokes have to stand on their tiptoes to catch.
The total lack of draw & pass to pull defenders out of the line.
Oh well, at least we're not the Eels :(

I'll say it again - it was so much fun watching Billy and Cooper work together - painful but fun.

Boy they are good!

if your passing out to your winger he is normally the last player in the line, the centre is the one that should always have back up, manu needs to move off the wing.

I may not be an expert, but shouldn't the man with the ball be the player getting back up, regardless of his position. Once the winger has the ball and is in front of the rest of the team, he should receive support from them.

That statement is just odd.

Buck777

Mateo looked soft as today..he looks unfit & his passing is lazy part flukey...they mentioned him for State of O..GTFOH

our teams lacks a killer instinct or to concentrate the whole 80 mins...up to Bluey 2 fix
Mateo has been off his game for a while. Even though I'm not convinced about Bluey, I did think that motivation was his thing, and game plans were his weakness. But...I have to say that motivation-less players are the problem. That time they sauntered back to half way after spending the week at theme parks- I've never seen a warriors team do that and I'm a 04 and 09 season ticket holder survivor. What is Bluey doing? And when will we see the results of what he's doing?
Because I see us getting steamrolled around the 70 minute mark atm

This game has proven yet again that we need a genuine utility back on the bench that will cover the spots we are short in. How many times this year have we been left without a FB. Our wingers are incapable of covering FB. I will yet again push for Godinet's inclusion on the bench. We should not be moving our 5/8th to FB. 4 forward benches are foolish. Especially when our forwards aren't working hard enough to need lots of rest. Even when Locke comes back next week (touch wood) I still want to see Godinet on the bench. We don't need Lousi, as Mannering and Taylor are 80 minute players and Brown and Mateo can interchange the other back row spot, and we already have 4 1/2 props (counting Manu).

Mateo has been off his game for a while. Even though I'm not convinced about Bluey, I did think that motivation was his thing, and game plans were his weakness. But...I have to say that motivation-less players are the problem. That time they sauntered back to half way after spending the week at theme parks- I've never seen a warriors team do that and I'm a 04 and 09 season ticket holder survivor. What is Bluey doing? And when will we see the results of what he's doing?
Because I see us getting steamrolled around the 70 minute mark atm
Perhaps they should all be released to the Bulldogs since they are lazy and unmotivated?:cool:

New season, new coach....same 'ol problem=BASICS
3 things the Warriors would have to be worst at
1. Kick chase...without Locke and Tate it's almost redundant!
2. Support play...Inu threw a hail -mary pass from the sideline
in his Doggy debut. Would've turned out horribly for the Warriors
....but not for the Doggies!
Play the ball speed...Often a good opportunity for a quick picnic
for opposing teams!
Then there's the passes to runners at a jog with multiple defenders already in their face.
The passes that blokes have to stand on their tiptoes to catch.
The total lack of draw & pass to pull defenders out of the line.
Oh well, at least we're not the Eels :(

my pet hate...numerous times this siht happens...just dumb dumb dumb play...we have no speed in attack across the park

storm except the spine are nuthin special but they all play with speed, execute their plays correctly & never give up

they really do show make it look easy..never give up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.