Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Match Stats

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P
Gameday thread for Warriors games. Post your thoughts/discussion/news as the day and game unfolds. Scores/Stats update every 5mins during the game.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only saw last 20 mins, if Manu wants to run around his man hes gotta lose a few kgs and now for a fact hes faster then his opposite. The guy Manu trying to run around is 1 of the fastest wingers in the NRL. Have a crack Manu if we were 40 points ahead or leading the NRL comp but when we need him to hold the damn ball when we are behind. How long have you been playing wing for the Warriors Manu?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Maloney probably played the best at FB than all the others.
you know i think your right, it was great watching him run with space around him, he looked really good, found lots of holes and showed quick thinking back there more than once. WOnder if hed stayed back how we woulda gone.

Why when he went back did they not bring Mara straight on, 10 mins to go with a tired team, doesnt leave him much to work with.

Buck777

Put Manu in the forwards and put I.. ah crap that's right we sold him off for 50K

gREVUS

Contributor
Only saw last 20 mins, if Manu wants to run around his man hes gotta lose a few kgs and now for a fact hes faster then his opposite. The guy Manu trying to run around is 1 of the fastest wingers in the NRL. Have a crack Manu if we were 40 points ahead or leading the NRL comp but when we need him to hold the damn ball when we are behind. How long have you been playing wing for the Warriors Manu?
Love people who only watch the last 20 mins but can tell you how bad a player is going. Like i said above, if he had 1 support player with him that coulda been a completely different result.

Love people who only watch the last 20 mins but can tell you how bad a player is going. Like i said above, if he had 1 support player with him that coulda been a completely different result.

Exactly.. watch the replay.. Shaun Johnson is there and watches Manu streak away but doesn't bother getting in to a position to support? How is no warriors player within 20 metres of him when he passes that ball?

Please, its called reading thee play, if the bro cant here a "pass manu" then theres nobody there or better take the tackle. It wasnt the 5th tackle both times so next excuse please, im waiting?

For me it this game highlighted the lack of leadership from the Captain, can't wait for Friend and Luck to be back, Hurrell needs to work on his defence, oh Manu dear oh dear oh dear, he was playing so well. Lolohea and Hiku look like very good left wing options. Muts and Packer are our senior Props now. I think I would bring in one of the young fullas and drop Lousi and move Manu there.

So what you're trying to say is....once again, Manu's errors are someone else's fault, where have i heard that before.

Good players dont pass the ball, unless theres someone to pass to.

Reactions: Xfactor
For me it this game highlighted the lack of leadership from the Captain, can't wait for Friend and Luck to be back, Hurrell needs to work on his defence, oh Manu dear oh dear oh dear, he was playing so well. Lolohea and Hiku look like very good left wing options. Muts and Packer are our senior Props now. I think I would bring in one of the young fullas and drop Lousi and move Manu there.

also I bet Bluey wished he had played Locke,

He was playing very well as a prop, he even made several good tackles ( real tackles not scrags ) infield.....if thats all he was expected to do for 30-40 minutes
per game off the bench, how much of an asset would he be, rather than the liability he continues to be on the wing.

He's a great guy, but he's killing us out there.

school boy: Hi Mr Bus driver how long have you driven the bus for
bus driver: 7 years now and i love it
bus carries on for about half an hour or so........
bus driver: (on the mic) Uh hum, test test test, where is the school again, I fink i take wrong turn

Please, its called reading thee play, if the bro cant here a "pass manu" then theres nobody there or better take the tackle. It wasnt the 5th tackle both times so next excuse please, im waiting?

He was the only one trying something. With a decent fend and some support, both of those runs down the sideline could have played out much better. I also think he was hard on himself when Storm almost took the intercept. His pass to Fish was just right, but Fish chose to run wider. The hole was there but Fish missed it. I don't think Manu played any worse than most.

I do think Fish has played himself out of the squad. He was invisible for most of his time on the field. He took a good bomb, but lost it cold in the tackle (lucky to draw the penalty). He should have got to his feet and played the ball when he got hurt. He killed our momentum. He should have stayed off the field once he recovered, cos Jimmy was playing real well at FB. He should have used his pace to support Johnson when he broke away. He has shown me throughout this year that he isn't even our best injury cover FB. That would be Ropo and Jimmy is giving Fish a run for 3rd spot, too.

I may get labelled a Fish-hater for these views, but I'm OK with that (or perhaps I will get called a "Fish-hating Manu fanboy?). I really dislike what he offers. We need to use our "Krisnan money" to secure Omar for next year and beyond, and maybe discuss a release with Fish.

Thank God Locke came through his Vulcans run unscathed.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Why did the Fish come back on? The Warriors cannot rely on these players for 2013 need to purchase a few more.

gREVUS

Contributor
So what you're trying to say is....once again, Manu's errors are someone else's fault, where have i heard that before.

Good players dont pass the ball, unless theres someone to pass to.

So if i point out something that i feel is happening on the field i am making excuases for a player casue im a fanboy but when you do it thats ok? When will you realise that the team (look at theat word) is not 1 person but a linked group of individuals that need to trust and support each other. You dont support him, but you know what he plays like and you know hes in the team then the problem is with you not with him.

well he had already committed to the run and there was no option to take the tackle as he knew he was running out.. i don't mind that he went for the run..he backed himself which people have complained he hasn't been doing. A bigger question for me was why no warrior was in 20 metres of the pass..

He was the only one trying something. With a decent fend and some support, both of those runs down the sideline could have played out much better. I also think he was hard on himself when Storm almost took the intercept. His pass to Fish was just right, but Fish chose to run wider. The hole was there but Fish missed it. I don't think Manu played any worse than most.

I do think Fish has played himself out of the squad. He was invisible for most of his time on the field. He took a good bomb, but lost it cold in the tackle (lucky to draw the penalty). He should have got to his feet and played the ball when he got hurt. He killed our momentum. He should have stayed off the field once he recovered, cos Jimmy was playing real well at FB. He should have used his pace to support Johnson when he broke away. He has shown me throughout this year that he isn't even our best injury cover FB. That would be Ropo and Jimmy is giving Fish a run for 3rd spot, too.

I may get labelled a Fish-hater for these views, but I'm OK with that (or perhaps I will get called a "Fish-hating Manu fanboy?). I really dislike what he offers. We need to use our "Krisnan money" to secure Omar for next year and beyond, and maybe discuss a release with Fish.

Thank God Locke came through his Vulcans run unscathed.

I hear you but its not good enough when your like 2 points down, 10 mins to go and it aint the 5th tackle, thats all im saying. If it was Manu's 1st year then sweet but hes a senior player now. He shouldnt be making these low percentage plays. Storm scored off 1 of these plays and that was the end of the game

So if i point out something that i feel is happening on the field i am making excuases for a player casue im a fanboy but when you do it thats ok? When will you realise that the team (look at theat word) is not 1 person but a linked group of individuals that need to trust and support each other. You dont support him, but you know what he plays like and you know hes in the team then the problem is with you not with him.

Um the player making the play should at least run to where his back up players are right especially if he plans to off load the ball like that. I support the Warriors. Are you then saying Manu is the Warriors?

I dont understand why Brown was on for so long

yep and time Muts was off....dummy half was laboured with Mara off...thought he looked really good when on...Mutalino shoulda been back on sooner

Lousi again for me had no impact, dude that size doesnt even punch holes..Vaevae had the better game

we looked all over the place in D when Storm were on 4-5th option

Johnson still doesnt take the line on enough, until hes ready to take a hit when getting a pass off our attack will flounder

'Mr Glass' Fish again no where to be seen when opposition are scoring...all the talk about his speed..FFS we neva see it in top grade or he never positions himself properly

half way mark of the season ...C mark

Um the player making the play should at least run to where his back up players are right especially if he plans to off load the ball like that. I support the Warriors. Are you then saying Manu is the Warriors?

I think a support player (the guy hanging off the one with the ball) should really support the player with the ball, not the other way round, otherwise you would call the guy with the ball the support player.

Status
Not open for further replies.