Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strong male role models in families provide guidance we all know this, so when this guidance is missing, young men turn to the closest males to them, who display the characteristics that society tells them they should have. As for they lifestyle stuff, that’s what society portrays as “living” ie consumerism.
This is essential. My Maori friends growing up mainly had a strong father leading the family. They set an example with work and getting kids to contribute , keeping the house tidy, cooking, gardening. They had the respect of their kids and those families were well respected in the community. They were usually very involved with local sports clubs, especially, rugby, league and softball.
After I stopped playing soccer at 12, I was mainly coached by Maori men in those other sports, sometimes the father of a team mate but sometimes just a decent guy that had been coaching for years. They were very relaxed and social and as a skinny white kid, I was always made to feel welcome in their homes. There was never any emphasis on Maori culture as it is portrayed now but there was plenty of humour and generosity.As we got older there was plenty of drinking and all the rest, but I didn't see any violence in those homes.

This is essential. My Maori friends growing up mainly had a strong father leading the family. They set an example with work and getting kids to contribute , keeping the house tidy, cooking, gardening. They had the respect of their kids and those families were well respected in the community. They were usually very involved with local sports clubs, especially, rugby, league and softball.
After I stopped playing soccer at 12, I was mainly coached by Maori men in those other sports, sometimes the father of a team mate but sometimes just a decent guy that had been coaching for years. They were very relaxed and social and as a skinny white kid, I was always made to feel welcome in their homes. There was never any emphasis on Maori culture as it is portrayed now but there was plenty of humour and generosity.As we got older there was plenty of drinking and all the rest, but I didn't see any violence in those homes.
And now there are so many forces trying to break that. Some of it’s unintended consequences, some of it’s racism, some of it’s classism.

Strong men raise strong families. Strong families make strong communities.

As I said I’ve rapidly become traditional conservative in regards to families. That’s not homophobic, I mean 2 parents of any sex, with traditional values and boundaries.

Why are you so scared of simply advocating for actual punishment? Kill the worst, cut the hands of these guys and move on.
Never gonna happen here

Strong male role models in families provide guidance we all know this, so when this guidance is missing, young men turn to the closest males to them, who display the characteristics that society tells them they should have. As for they lifestyle stuff, that’s what society portrays as “living” ie consumerism.
Good post. What characteristics does society tell them they should have that gangs provide them though, do you mean US rappers glorifying rapists and crims?

We have seen what integrity Nash possesses - None
He could be positioning for leadership challenge portraying himself as the straight-talking no bs man of the people, the anti-Adern... yeah right.
Who knows though, if he keeps this up he might be a better bet than Chippy to claw back some swing votes for Labour in 3 yrs.

Case in point…. NZ First haven’t had any power struggles since Winnie took over from “King Dick” Seddon ;)
Why do you think, back in 1996 when New Zealand First was in Government with National, some media referred to shots of the New Zealand First Bigwigs walking down corridors in Parliament as "like the poster for Reservoir Dogs"?

Winston knows it's clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right and here I am, sunshine, stuck in the middle with you.

Taking the anology further: There's no Mr Orange in New Zealand First.

Never gonna happen here

Good post. What characteristics does society tell them they should have that gangs provide them though, do you mean US rappers glorifying rapists and crims?
What does society define as “success”. It’s easy for a conservative as yourself to call out “US rappers” but does NZ pop culture promote strong family values? How about its media? Social media?

Women are encouraged to not have children, to study, to enter the workforce etc. Is that a “family value”?

What does society define as “success”. It’s easy for a conservative as yourself to call out “US rappers” but does NZ pop culture promote strong family values? How about its media? Social media?

Women are encouraged to not have children, to study, to enter the workforce etc. Is that a “family value”?
Not sure what family values actually are, the Colin Craig variety? I thought you made a good point bringing up rap culture, pretty obvious that's going to lead to our kids emulating killers and rapists.
Obviously I don't include OG political activist groups like Public Enemy in the negative influencers.

Last edited:
should they be encouraged to stay in the kitchen?
rely on men?

or barefoot and pregnant, mouth closed legs open etc? all the good old cliches?

what about solo mothers? trying to catch an education and raise her little boys better than to join gangs? be better men than their fathers?

Sums up the previous government doesn't it. Did Hipkins and Labour get anything done? Just more to pass on to the new coalition.
Hipkins obviously didn’t see fit to invite Usman Khawaja over to see what he thought of premier house but if he did I’d like to think he’d listen to his decorative ideas without condemning the the place

Back