You cannot, under any circumstances, post anything potentially slanderous.

• Doing so can have legal implications.

• That includes naming names when players are suspected of match fixing, doping, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
NRL360 allege Milford got into altercation with wife, male and female approached to intervene and both were assaulted (3 charges - wife, male and female)and when he exited establishment he threw a rubbish bin at a vehicle (wilful damage)

• Wow
Reactions: crump81

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
NRL360 allege Milford got into altercation with wife, male and female approached to intervene and both were assaulted (3 charges - wife, male and female)and when he exited establishment he threw a rubbish bin at a vehicle (wilful damage)
I hope he enjoys England, no one will touch him in the NRL

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
When I first saw the article I was thinking this will probably damage his chances of landing a contract somewhere else. Then remembered he had signed with Souths.

The article is light on details but at 2am its safe to say alcohol is involved like most player incidents. After a long season you can understand wanting a night out. You have to wonder if he hadn't found another club if he'd have been on better behaviour. It would of been a reality shock not having a contract.

Can see the Broncos point that he isn't their problem is contract is completed.

“Anthony Milford has completed his contractual duties with the Brisbane Broncos,” the club wrote in a statement.

“He is on leave and due to begin a new NRL contract elsewhere at the commencement of the 2022 pre-season. As the matter is now before the courts, the Broncos will make no further comment.

More of a worry for Souths if it goes further legally.
Players are contracted till Nov 1.

Reactions: bruce and snake77

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
When I first saw the article I was thinking this will probably damage his chances of landing a contract somewhere else. Then remembered he had signed with Souths.

The article is light on details but at 2am its safe to say alcohol is involved like most player incidents. After a long season you can understand wanting a night out. You have to wonder if he hadn't found another club if he'd have been on better behaviour. It would of been a reality shock not having a contract.

Can see the Broncos point that he isn't their problem is contract is completed.

“Anthony Milford has completed his contractual duties with the Brisbane Broncos,” the club wrote in a statement.

“He is on leave and due to begin a new NRL contract elsewhere at the commencement of the 2022 pre-season. As the matter is now before the courts, the Broncos will make no further comment.

More of a worry for Souths if it goes further legally.
I think you can guarantee his contract will give an out for the club, if they need it.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I haven't wacthed this case much...until

As he turned towards the question of what constitutes racism “to a reasonable person”, and the need for Justice Bromwich to make a finding, the judge confessed he was “challenged on the whole area”.

“I don’t think you can get much higher levels of white privilege than an older male white judge. I’m quite challenged by this,” he said.

On hearing submissions from Mr Smark about the distinction between saying something racist and being a racist, Justice Bromwich recalled making a comment in 1980 that “burned at me for years”.

Without repeating the comment, he admitted that “objectively speaking it was racist”.

“I’ve felt bad about that for 41 years,” he said. But: “I don’t think that incident alone makes me racist”.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
I haven't wacthed this case much...until

As he turned towards the question of what constitutes racism “to a reasonable person”, and the need for Justice Bromwich to make a finding, the judge confessed he was “challenged on the whole area”.

“I don’t think you can get much higher levels of white privilege than an older male white judge. I’m quite challenged by this,” he said.

On hearing submissions from Mr Smark about the distinction between saying something racist and being a racist, Justice Bromwich recalled making a comment in 1980 that “burned at me for years”.

Without repeating the comment, he admitted that “objectively speaking it was racist”.

“I’ve felt bad about that for 41 years,” he said. But: “I don’t think that incident alone makes me racist”.
It's never too late to get woke Bruce, even for pillars of the white establishment patriarchy

Reactions: J_P and bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
It's never too late to get woke Bruce, even for pillars of the white establishment patriarchy
I had no understanding of racism until I was a minority in a foreign country. Then I got to understand.

Where the judge was brutally honest was that he just thought he was being robust, as young guys tend to be when poking fun at each other.

I was that soldier too, and it still burns me.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
I had no understanding of racism until I was a minority in a foreign country. Then I got to understand.

Where the judge was brutally honest was that he just thought he was being robust, as young guys tend to be when poking fun at each other.

I was that soldier too, and it still burns me.
I bet a lot of us would self-combust in shame if we remembered half the stupid shit we've ever said in today's context.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Yes, and a lot of people hurt by it at the time.
Different times. You gave and received and most of the time in good humour. Not just race, but looks, height, weight, clothes, hobbies - anything different was fair game.

And I think overall everyone was happier and mentally stronger because no one took any real offence.

And before anyone says ‘but my life was miserable’ check out the suicide rates now. We’re all nice and woke but it’s at the cost of close and meaningful friendships.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
I could imagine the reaction when an old fella lie Bruce meet one of those blue haired social justice warrior weirdos.

In his day if you started dying your hair green and saying blahblahblah to your elders you got a clip round the ear and a boot up the arse, which ironically is probably what Reece Walsh needs before he turns into the next Joey Johns.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
In his day if you started dying your hair green and saying blahblahblah to your elders you got a clip round the ear and a boot up the arse, which ironically is probably what Reece Walsh needs before he turns into the next Joey Johns.
Don't think so, look at youtube clips of Janis Joplin, Grace Slick, New York Dolls, Souxsie and the Banshees. Takeaway, nothing is really new.

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Racism is interpreted by the receiver not the giver. Ironically that can be difficult to comprehend.
I always take it in context. Me and my close friends say some pretty "racist" shit to each other jokingly. I won't take or say the same thing from/to randoms though as I don't know them well enough to understand the intent. Same thing i feel Online. If you're willing to share "racist" thoughts online to randoms you're probably just a racist. Also a bit of a difference between being ignorant and a hateful racist. 1 of my best mates at the moment who's a Kiwi used to say some straight up racist things towards Asian immigrants back in college. We could always tell it was more ignorance or what he grew up learning but was always a good dude. Fast forward 15-20 years and I don't think I've heard a single racist word come out of his mouth.

Last edited:
YOU CAN NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES POST ANYTHING POTENTIALLY DEFAMATORY LIBELLOUS OR SLANDEROUS. Do not speculate names of unconfirmed stories in the media, make assumptions on a persons character, post unfavourable rumours or break name suppression orders. Doing so can have serious legal implications for you, admin and/or this forum.

ANY OFFENCES WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT THREAD OR SITE BAN.

In simple terms, if its not an official release or events and names are not reported in any MAJOR news agencies then do not talk about it.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings