You cannot, under any circumstances, post anything potentially slanderous.

• Doing so can have legal implications.

• That includes naming names when players are suspected of match fixing, doping, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
That's great news. Now hopefully he can get through this game without incident. Even though I don't see any issue with the one he was just charged for. More that he seems to be getting hauled up even for minor incidents.

Lachlan Lewis throwing away a $450k contract for a sound bar. You can't help but laugh at the stupidity of these guys. Without an NRL contract he'd probably be playing lower grades and labouring. A good excuse for the Bulldogs to free up some cap space.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
NRL prosecutor Peter McGrath argued Lodge used his two-hand grip on Tapine to "carelessly" swing his bodyweight onto his opponent's leg.

I’ll ask again. Who is this NRL prosecutor and why do the judiciary have lawyers trying to make a sport into legal cases? These fuckers will put even the most innocent person behind bars or overturn the biggest criminals conviction. So why are they involved in sports affairs? They have no right to judge high collision sports the same as legal cases. I can’t believe this is normal practice. No wonder our lads get charged more than anyone because the prosecutor has a field day with his conviction rate

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
NRL prosecutor Peter McGrath argued Lodge used his two-hand grip on Tapine to "carelessly" swing his bodyweight onto his opponent's leg.

I’ll ask again. Who is this NRL prosecutor and why do the judiciary have lawyers trying to make a sport into legal cases? These fuckers will put even the most innocent person behind bars or overturn the biggest criminals conviction. So why are they involved in sports affairs? They have no right to judge high collision sports the same as legal cases. I can’t believe this is normal practice. No wonder our lads get charged more than anyone because the prosecutor has a field day with his conviction rate
I think he may have been a player back in the day. Can't remember but it may have been Canberra

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I think he may have been a player back in the day. Can't remember but it may have been Canberra

but the way it’s set up is designed to find someone guilty rather than look at things objectively. Why is there lawyers in there at all? It should just be the player or coach going in against the people who charged him.

Reactions: Akkerz and matiunz

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Interesting story this morning around sex trials, and De Belin..
I believe you can have a situation where the woman is intimidated and because of a power imbalance let’s them do what they want without resisting while not happy and afterwards is correct to feeling used and abused. She legitimately feels due to the circumstances it was not consensual.

At the same time the guy gets no signals (or misses them) from the woman, thinks she’s into it and afterwards legitimately thinks it was all consensual.

Very messy situation and the law is not set up to solve this problem.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I believe you can have a situation where the woman is intimidated and because of a power imbalance let’s them do what they want without resisting while not happy and afterwards is correct to feeling used and abused. She legitimately feels due to the circumstances it was not consensual.

At the same time the guy gets no signals (or misses them) from the woman, thinks she’s into it and afterwards legitimately thinks it was all consensual.

Disclaimer: Wizards rage and Bruce are not the same people. ;)

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

Just one point worth considering, she had bruising and abrasions. It staggers me how some girls seem to like rough sex.

Now I am not saying she enjoyed it, because the evidence is that she didn't, but it seems sometimes they do or at least accept it.

Also, many young guys get sucked in by a very attractive young woman and end up getting robbed or drugged.

So many young girls get attracted to a big strong guy, and end up getting raped.

Life is unfair.

None of the three will get over this in a hurry.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

From the same article:
Catharine Lumby, who was a pro bono gender adviser to the NRL for more than 13 years, says it’s a product of men banding together in close, competitive teams, where group loyalty can override personal integrity. Sitting in her office in the venerable former English department building at the University of Sydney, Lumby remembers a “very well-known player” wanting to get something off his chest. “He sat on the couch and sobbed for about 15 minutes before he could speak. Then, ‘It was on an away game. I will never get out of my head, the face of that young woman as she left the hotel room … there were six of us. I’m a married man and I’ve got two daughters now, and the guilt will never leave me.’ 

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
When I first saw the article I was thinking this will probably damage his chances of landing a contract somewhere else. Then remembered he had signed with Souths.

The article is light on details but at 2am its safe to say alcohol is involved like most player incidents. After a long season you can understand wanting a night out. You have to wonder if he hadn't found another club if he'd have been on better behaviour. It would of been a reality shock not having a contract.

Can see the Broncos point that he isn't their problem is contract is completed.

“Anthony Milford has completed his contractual duties with the Brisbane Broncos,” the club wrote in a statement.

“He is on leave and due to begin a new NRL contract elsewhere at the commencement of the 2022 pre-season. As the matter is now before the courts, the Broncos will make no further comment.

More of a worry for Souths if it goes further legally.

YOU CAN NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES POST ANYTHING POTENTIALLY DEFAMATORY LIBELLOUS OR SLANDEROUS. Do not speculate names of unconfirmed stories in the media, make assumptions on a persons character, post unfavourable rumours or break name suppression orders. Doing so can have serious legal implications for you, admin and/or this forum.

ANY OFFENCES WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT THREAD OR SITE BAN.

In simple terms, if its not an official release or events and names are not reported in any MAJOR news agencies then do not talk about it.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings