You cannot, under any circumstances, post anything potentially slanderous.

• Doing so can have legal implications.

• That includes naming names when players are suspected of match fixing, doping, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I'm surprised there is not more outcry from the players themselves. Thompson, Lodge, Radley, Klemmer etc etc are probably going to see their contract values come crashing down, or their clubs try to offload them ala Luke Thompson.
Exactly. Plus a record $1m in fines deducted from players this year because the NRL decides to crack down for everything possible.

The NRL has moved the goal posts and the players are being shafted.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Exactly. Plus a record $1m in fines deducted from players this year because the NRL decides to crack down for everything possible.

The NRL has moved the goal posts and the players are being shafted.
Triple M reporting a bulldogs player allegedly in hot water trying to sell speakers on eBay that were gifted to the club from the nrl for use in quarantine (they named the player but unsure legality to post as ‘alleged’ player said it was just a joke)

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
Triple M reporting a bulldogs player allegedly in hot water trying to sell speakers on eBay that were gifted to the club from the nrl for use in quarantine (they named the player but unsure legality to post as ‘alleged’ player said it was just a joke)
It’s their half Lewis name printed in the Murdock auspress today

Reactions: matiunz

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Why shouldn't these decisions be tested, the rule that increases the penalty if you contest is unfair and protects the Refs bad decisions on field.
Exactly if you get caught doing something illegal its only in certain circumstances where you get different punishments due to get a plea bargain. The only sport context I can give where that matches is athletes providing information to anti doping authorities.

I know the system is meant to bring consistency and also lessens the amount of cases the judiciary sees but its looking like it has out lived its usefulness.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
As far as consistency goes the standard is set from the top down, where the best, most organic changes are from the bottom up. In other words from the Players and Coaches

My view is what is required is along with the Referees assessment panel, or whatever it is called, is to have team reports from each side to highlight issues they might have, this is not a public document, and might save Coaches getting big fines.

The way I see it there is inconsistency in officiating and the .match review and judiciary. I see this as a fall down in communication. Administration is entrenched and the Clubs are partisan to their interests.

One thing is abundantly clear, it will not be solved in the public space, media have their agendas. I don't think another year of rule changes causing inconsistency is sensible, everyone needs to step back and consider the best interests of the code.

Warrior#214

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
AK
OK. Rabbit hole Alert 🚨

Any lawyers on here?

Id love to know if the fines imposed by the NRL against the Roosters would be enforceable (regardless of contract terms between the players,coach or club) enough to hold up under real legal scrutiny?

Basically the players and coach have witnessed an unfair act whereby one of there fellow players has been violently and illegally hit with such force as to obviously end his season.

They didn’t over react and respond with physical force, abuse or any untrue allegations. They simply reacted to the poor performance of the referees in the moment and their lack of reactivity, professionalism and poor judgement.

While I understand the line of philosophical enforcement around attacking and ridiculing the referees. As in they need to be protected from false an spurious allegations. AND it’s not something you’d want to encourage on the sideline of a kids game so don’t do it in the big leagues.

But the fact is they got it wrong. Black and white - wrong. The players and the coach reacted in proportion and the referees boss admitted it. Why pay a fine for that?

Aren’t we dealing with a situation where - if truth is used as the measure of what’s right and good then the coach and those players who reacted are on the side of TRUTH?

(Not a Roosters fan FYI)

Just mad he NRL can pretend it’s judge jury an executioner when in fact it’s making the f##k ups and collecting the fines!

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
OK. Rabbit hole Alert 🚨

Any lawyers on here?

Id love to know if the fines imposed by the NRL against the Roosters would be enforceable (regardless of contract terms between the players,coach or club) enough to hold up under real legal scrutiny?

Basically the players and coach have witnessed an unfair act whereby one of there fellow players has been violently and illegally hit with such force as to obviously end his season.

They didn’t over react and respond with physical force, abuse or any untrue allegations. They simply reacted to the poor performance of the referees in the moment and their lack of reactivity, professionalism and poor judgement.

While I understand the line of philosophical enforcement around attacking and ridiculing the referees. As in they need to be protected from false an spurious allegations. AND it’s not something you’d want to encourage on the sideline of a kids game so don’t do it in the big leagues.

But the fact is they got it wrong. Black and white - wrong. The players and the coach reacted in proportion and the referees boss admitted it. Why pay a fine for that?

Aren’t we dealing with a situation where - if truth is used as the measure of what’s right and good then the coach and those players who reacted are on the side of TRUTH?

(Not a Roosters fan FYI)

Just mad he NRL can pretend it’s judge jury an executioner when in fact it’s making the f##k ups and collecting the fines!

Not a legal response but I’m sure the contract the NRL has with clubs will specifically cover the point about adverse comment on officials performance and will have no leeway for a club to argue against the breach notice.

You come to my place to play and you play by my rules!

Warrior#214

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
AK
Not a legal response but I’m sure the contract the NRL has with clubs will specifically cover the point about adverse comment on officials performance and will have no leeway for a club to argue against the breach notice.

Yeah that’s what I’m interested in. Is that type of agreement (which they no doubt have) actually legally enforceable given it creates an environment where unsafe, illegal, violent or unconscionable behaviour like this permissible and then any detractors able to be suppressed and fined?
Just seems like the fine system is predicated on the NRL actually being right. In this case they provabley aren’t…

Reactions: wizards rage

kavafred

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2013
If her joke was about the LGBTABCDEFG+++ community there is no way she would have been able to sue. She would have been run out of town and cancelled straight away and would be out of a job. Ask Izzy how that goes.... She states that because she speaks some Bahasa she can't be racist. Heyzus spare me woman

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga

Totally agree.

The Roosters will pay up but there is going to be push back against the NRL. Even $1m in player fines (over doubled) this year. Is that legal when the NRL changes the game and decides to crack down and hammer everyone?

‘We’re an elite competition and we should set the standard for how to deal with adversity.’ Perhaps you need to look in the mirror…

The NRL may hide behind the rules but Robinson is a canary in the mine. And a powerful canary. Frustration is building and the referring/ judiciary/ rule changes are not popular with huge issues that are being exposed. The clubs/ players own the game, so the NRL may win this battle with Robinson but may not win the war in the bigger picture.

Warrior#214

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
AK
“There’s CCTV with Lachlan Lewis in the hotel with a hood on and a mask on his face taking this thing."

😂😂😂😂
-----

Pups’ playmaker could be left without deal

Footage is reported to have emerged of the sticky fingered back’s theft.​

-----

Embattled Bulldogs playmaker Lachlan Lewis may be forced to search for other employment options should the NRL take measures to block him earning a new deal within the competition.

Lewis, 25, was sensationally stood down by the Dogs last week after he was caught trying to sell a speaker on eBay.

The stolen item was said to be a gift to the club from the league.

Although the impending wooden spooners had already released a statement last Friday night in the wake of Lewis' theft, Channel Nine league reporter Danny Weidler claimed that the Queensland-born back is set to face further scrutiny after damning footage of the event was found.

Speaking on Tuesday morning, Weidler was at a loss as to why a high paid contemporary player would see a need to pilfer a gifted product.

“When you hear about it you think ‘what the hell’,” Weidler said.

Lachlan Lewis is on $450,000 why is he taking a sound bar? I wish it wasn’t serious but I think the NRL are taking it seriously.

“There’s CCTV with Lachlan Lewis in the hotel with a hood on and a mask on his face taking this thing."

The veteran scribe claimed that although there was no denying Lewis' involvement, the half could be saved by the fact that the speaker was never actually purchased by an outside party.

“The only thing that’s maybe saving him from further drama is that the transaction never went through, there was no exchange of goods," Weidler continued.

With his time at Canterbury seemingly over, Lewis is currently said to be seeking a contract elsewhere in the league. However, Weidler believed that the baby faced Bulldog was unlikely to find many suitors for his services.

“He’s off contract and at the moment I don’t know if he’s getting a new club,” Weidler said in finality.

“Even if he does the NRL might not register a contract for him given what’s happened, that’s how seriously they’re taking it.

“If Latrell was the biggest on field story, this is the wackiest, it’s bizarre. It’s the last thing that club needed after Adam Elliott.”

The Lewis-less Bulldogs are set to complete their dismal 2021 campaign against Wests on Sunday afternoon.

The former powerhouse has already sewn up their first spoon since 2008, after claiming just a pair of wins so far this season.

YOU CAN NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES POST ANYTHING POTENTIALLY DEFAMATORY LIBELLOUS OR SLANDEROUS. Do not speculate names of unconfirmed stories in the media, make assumptions on a persons character, post unfavourable rumours or break name suppression orders. Doing so can have serious legal implications for you, admin and/or this forum.

ANY OFFENCES WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT THREAD OR SITE BAN.

In simple terms, if its not an official release or events and names are not reported in any MAJOR news agencies then do not talk about it.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings