General NRL Investigation Into Homophobic Slur [Round 5, 2022]

Louim8

I can understand that - I've got a white mum, maori dad, and grew up in Christchurch so I had a good introduction to the words people will throw at you for having different skin.

Bruce is normally alright but seeing that stuff thrown around like it was nothing at all just ticked me right off - wasn't meant with malice, much like Marcelo's outburst <3
Nzw forum judiciary is arguing for a 6 game ban from posting on the site, with all 6 games to be wins only.

As your defense lawyer i am arguing for half that 3 games, 1 game only to be a win the other 2 games win or loss and 2 days community work at a "old white guys" shelter. Because of your previous clean record we should be able to get this but pleaee be aware that if you have any other previous post history regarding the OWG community that may come out soon you may be looking at a season long ban.

Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

This could set a real precedent with players calling to the ref, did you hear what he called me. Noticed nrl 360 haven’t gone near the story all week. I think this is far more wide spread in the game, but unfortunately was picked up on microphone.

They probably went through a rehearsal and realized they were all white, mid-upper class racists and decided to wait another day for an intern to script their PC response.

Noitall

Noitall

They probably went through a rehearsal and realized they were all white, mid-upper class racists and decided to wait another day for an intern to script their PC response.
Must be taking some restraint on their part not to be digging the knife into the situation since it’s us.

mrblonde

mrblonde

This Just In: NRL Fine New Zealand Warriors $200,000 after James Maloney tests positive for Cocaine.

The NRL applied this punishment as, although no evidence of cocaine use by any Warriors player was proven during the period James Maloney played for the Warriors, it might have happened but just not been found by any NRL officials.

The NRL are also mulling over punishing the New Zealand Warriors for undetected breaches of the salary cap.

Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

Nah he rolls like that a lot of them do.
Ignorant.

Toxic too. Having your property stolen, your family raped and murdered, you are meant to be grateful to massa for that.
Calm down Honi Iti 🤣

snake77

snake77

I don't condone the comment. After the incident we have posters on here who have mentioned being gay and the struggles they have coming out due to comments like this. So I understand how important it is.

But whenever something like this comes out now with the modern cancel culture people go over the top. He's copped a 4 week suspension which has meant he's been made an example of. Montoya also has to live with it.

The players already get educated on various things. This is one incident. I could understand the Warriors needing to do more if they had 3-4 incidents. This is one incident.

mrblonde

mrblonde

Read's comment was interesting: He think's Montoya's ban was the correct length and that the other bans/fines were too soft.

I could live with that.

Paul Kent argues and I agree that it's too much to expect consistency from referees (you only have to look at the EPL and the differing number of yellow cards and red cards each referee gives out to see it's a pipe dream): One referee will be a stickler for being inside the 10, one other referee will happily run a 12m but jeez any tackle that goes that just that inch too high and it's a 10 minute sin bin....That kind of inconsistency I'm okay with. Teams should just run with it, knowing the referee they're going to have over the weekend and showing caution in the appropriate areas that upset that referee.

But the judiciary? This 4 Week Ban has got be a benchmark: Use that word within hearing of anybody official (which is the only way it's provable) and it's at least 4 Weeks.

Juno

Read's comment was interesting: He think's Montoya's ban was the correct length and that the other bans/fines were too soft.

I could live with that.

Paul Kent argues and I agree that it's too much to expect consistency from referees (you only have to look at the EPL and the differing number of yellow cards and red cards each referee gives out to see it's a pipe dream): One referee will be a stickler for being inside the 10, one other referee will happily run a 12m but jeez any tackle that goes that just that inch too high and it's a 10 minute sin bin....That kind of inconsistency I'm okay with. Teams should just run with it, knowing the referee they're going to have over the weekend and showing caution in the appropriate areas that upset that referee.

But the judiciary? This 4 Week Ban has got be a benchmark: Use that word within hearing of anybody official (which is the only way it's provable) and it's at least 4 Weeks.
It's not just about that word, it has to apply to any derogatory/ hate/ offensive word, term or implication used if it's going to be fair. And with all other reports, it's just the Warriors that need educating? They're not just hanging the player out to dry, by saying that they're trying to say it's a Warriors club cultural issue...guess the gratitude and good will (yeah right) for keeping the comp going the past 2 years is over folks!