General NRL General Manager Game - Wheel and Deal to the best team

wrighty

Press release:

The Raiders will hold a press conference at approx 8.30 tonight (NZ time) to announce our finalised squad. Mr Fale will be in attendance where our revolutionary world sporting first recruitment strategy will be revealed.

Our squad is working on their Tik Tok moves (which have been developed with the kind assistance of Nathan Cleary) which will simultaneously be released as part of our marketing strategy.

- Raiders GM
I don't whether to be excited or afraid of this announcement. Probably both emotions are appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

I don't whether to be excited or afraid of this announcement. Probably both emotions are appropriate.
I don’t know if I’m going to get respect for the brilliance of what I have accomplished or laughed of the forum and never come back 😂

Reactions: 1 user
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
OFFICIAL

Raiders have ripped up the contracts of the following players who refused to partake in mandatory communal laundering of their own and partners clothes. The players suspect since Richard Fale has come to the club and installed the club Laundry, the GM has been suspiciously caught numerous times in the laundry holding underwear close to his nostrils. The players cut are as follows:
Harley Smith-Shields
Tom Starling

wrighty

***Update on the final evening to GMs and Trade Commissioner***

1) Please ensure your exact final 17 you want and your full 30 are named in the team sheet list thread when you figure you are finished or after 11pm rolls around. Please make a post in this thread when you have locked your team and tag me in your post. You have all learned now how to tag a user. By the way per the rules remember to designate your goal kicker and your captain.

2) After 11pm I will personally as moderator make a very large single official post where list each teams starting 17 and their closing 17. As per the official rules will not list top 30s. If you are proud of who you picked between positions 18-30 and want others to see you can make your own follow up post where you share. Also if you want to big your team up, or do write ups for players you may reply with something of that nature.

Am trying to decide if I should make a new thread for the posting of final teams and results discussion or if should just use this thread. Please give me advice please. ie there are two prizes, one for best team, and one for most improved, if start a new thread will it support two polls?

3) After the 11pm if you have time Sir Isaac would be good to post in this thread all the negotiations and back stage personal messages that took place over last weekend to bid on the pool A and pool C players. Maybe include everything up to the bid deadline on Sunday night. Only do this if it is an easy cut and paste job tajhay in other similar online games these conversation revelations have been very funny.

4) Actions to be taken after 11pm can easily be tomorrow by the way if people want to hit the hay tonight after a long week of trading.

5) Either after 11pm or earlier if you prefer you are welcome to share any rule amendment suggestions for next time. My main take aways were
a) to put in the rules up front when the pool A trading will end
b) have at least one side thread for live updates and easy reference to game information like free agent signings and team lists.

Despite talking about next time, please note it won't happen soon. General Manager is a blast but intensive. When we ran it on another site we loved it, and talked about for years afterwards but didn't feel like playing again until 4 years went by. Predict you wil all feel similar.
Our next "games" planned is some drafts but will let at least a full month go by first to allow recovery.

6) For those who have remaining money this evening you may purchase, and this suggestion will be hammy, appreciation gifts for Sir Isaac Moses and the amazing job he did. Without him the General Manager experience would not have been possible. Make a post, name your gift and say how much you have spent on it. Very optional. It is to encourage some banter but also to genuinely thank Isaac for his role.

7) After I have made the Official post with the starting and final 17s. Please vote for
a) the best team
b) the most improved team

Will also post some other fun awards for voting which will include

i) Most enthusiastic trader (person who made the most trade proposals)
ii) Funniest trade
iii) Most astute trader
iv) Funniest moment

Just make your votes for these in the thread.

Thanks

Wrighty :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
ryno

ryno

Will turn down the extra trade bonus Sharks have thrown in.
Their offer is strong as Hunt and Ramien. Also I rate Esse'ese

I just need to some recalculations after the knights centre upgrade. Stand by...

Just catching up, whats the latest?

If you are happy Wrighty, i then need some other team to look at Ponga for a half.

Would you be interested eudebrito in trading Reynolds for Ponga?

• Haha

wrighty

Just catching up, whats the latest?

If you are happy Wrighty, i then need some other team to look at Ponga for a half.

Would you be interested eudebrito in trading Reynolds for Ponga?
Hi ryno

All decided this morning. Ranked the three bids.
Rabbitohs first place and were awarded Roger Tuivasa-Sheck first thing this morning...

Thanks for the competitive offer.

Suggest you cancel your Ponga for reynolds offer.

Defence

Defence

***Update on the final evening to GMs and Trade Commissioner***

1) Please ensure your exact final 17 you want and your full 30 are named in the team sheet list thread when you figure you are finished or after 11pm rolls around. Please make a post in this thread when you have locked your team and tag me in your post. You have all learned now how to tag a user. By the way per the rules remember to designate your goal kicker and your captain.

2) After 11pm I will personally as moderator make a very large single official post where list each teams starting 17 and their closing 17. As per the official rules will not list top 30s. If you are proud of who you picked between positions 18-30 and want others to see you can make your own follow up post where you share. Also if you want to big your team up, or do write ups for players you may reply with something of that nature.

Am trying to decide if I should make a new thread for the posting of final teams and results discussion or if should just use this thread. Please give me advice please. ie there are two prizes, one for best team, and one for most improved, if start a new thread will it support two polls?

3) After the 11pm if you have time Sir Isaac would be good to post in this thread all the negotiations and back stage personal messages that took place over last weekend to bid on the pool A and pool C players. Maybe include everything up to the bid deadline on Sunday night. Only do this if it is an easy cut and paste job tajhay in other similar online games these conversation revelations have been very funny.

4) Actions to be taken after 11pm can easily be tomorrow by the way if people want to hit the hay tonight after a long week of trading.

5) Either after 11pm or earlier if you prefer you are welcome to share any rule amendment suggestions for next time. My main take aways were
a) to put in the rules up front when the pool A trading will end
b) have at least one side thread for live updates and easy reference to game information like free agent signings and team lists.

Despite talking about next time, please note it won't happen soon. General Manager is a blast but intensive. When we ran it on another site we loved it, and talked about for years afterwards but didn't feel like playing again until 4 years went by. Predict you wil all feel similar.
Our next "games" planned is some drafts but will let at least a full month go by first to allow recovery.

6) For those who have remaining money this evening you may purchase, and this suggestion will be hammy, appreciation gifts for Sir Isaac Moses and the amazing job he did. Without him the General Manager experience would not have been possible. Make a post, name your gift and say how much you have spent on it. Very optional. It is to encourage some banter but also to genuinely thank Isaac for his role.

7) After I have made the Official post with the starting and final 17s. Please vote for
a) the best team
b) the most improved team

Will also post some other fun awards for voting which will include

i) Most enthusiastic trader (person who made the most trade proposals)
ii) Funniest trade
iii) Most astute trader
iv) Funniest moment

Just make your votes for these in the thread.

Thanks

Wrighty :)

Great work Wrighty and thank u tahjay as well its been a blast and U two really made it.
One suggestion- maybe make two new threads- one for best line up and one for most improved? Both with polls. I know it may be a bit annoying to posters who didn’t play but the live update one will disappear once the other 2 go up and it’s only another week or so till team naming Tuesday and then the real footy will take over.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Raiders recruiting has now closed... we are preparing our official statement now...

Defence

Defence

Hi ryno

All decided this morning. Ranked the three bids.
Rabbitohs first place and were awarded Roger Tuivasa-Sheck first thing this morning...

Thanks for the competitive offer.

Suggest you cancel your Ponga for reynolds offer.

Thought mata’utia might’ve got u over the line there.
U didn’t lose much tho really- Pearce and ponga is sweet and have an existing combo.
In that sense it was quite cool that the joint bid got the nod because I think both there teams really improved as a result.

I think wrighty had planned all along to trade Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at the death and done it to keep us all entertained as much as anything so thanks for that too wrighty.